ESPN: Terry Glenn Agrees To Deal; Cowboys still contemplating it

dgr81

Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3505290

Terry Glenn says he's agreed with the Dallas Cowboys on a contract that means the oft-injured receiver will not be paid his entire $1.7 million salary should he reinjure his right knee, Glenn told ESPN's Ed Werder.

However, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones hasn't decided if he wants to take a chance on Glenn, according to Werder. Jones has not told Glenn if he should report to camp or expect to be released.

Jones is reportedly concerned about depth at the wide receiver position beyond Terrell Owens. Others in the Cowboys' organization are worried about Glenn's health. He was one topic in a team staff meeting on Thursday.

"Hopefully, this gets worked out. Jerry holds the key," Glenn told Werder.

The amount Glenn will be paid is not known.

Glenn missed 15 games after having two surgeries on his right knee last season.

Glenn's helmet and practice equipment are in Oxnard, Calif., where the Cowboys open training camp on Friday. Glenn is in Dallas at his home.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The only reason I can see turning him down is if we're absolutely convinced he won't make it through the season on that knee.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hostile;2158227 said:
Hot damn!

I am so glad my prediction was wrong.

read my other thread hos. Nothing has been resolved. glenn just agreed.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theebs;2158231 said:

Can he not read the same thing here? :D

jdnoyes

Reaction score
The article doesn't make much sense. If he agreed to a deal why would Jerry turn around and cut him anyway. If Jerry went to all the trouble to come to an agreement with Terry doesn't that mean he will be in camp?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theebs;2158231 said:
Sorry amigo. I've been wrapped up at work since 5:00 AM this morning and had not read a thing until just a few minutes ago when I read the strained labia thread.

SALADIN

Jumper
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Cowboys doctors have check out Glenn's knee or at least conducted a physical?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jdnoyes;2158235 said:
The article doesn't make much sense. If he agreed to a deal why would Jerry turn around and cut him anyway. If Jerry went to all the trouble to come to an agreement with Terry doesn't that mean he will be in camp?
I would hope so.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
Hostile;2158245 said:
Sorry amigo. I've been wrapped up at work since 5:00 AM this morning and had not read a thing until just a few minutes ago when I read the strained labia thread.

:lmao:

Bizwah

Reaction score
jdnoyes;2158235 said:

I had mentioned in another thread that maybe Jerry wanted Glenn to "balk" at the deal and leave on his own.

Of course maybe the staff really is impressed with what they've seen at WR.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
jdnoyes;2158235 said:

It sounds like Jerry wants to keep him, but the coaches are trying to convince him to go in a different direction. I have mixed emotions on this. On one hand, he has had a productive career, and, when healthy, is an excellent compliment to TO.

On the other hand, if he signs the settlement and shreds the knee on the first day of camp, we're in the same position we're basically in now - no depth after TO.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2158245 said:

:laugh2: I don't know if it was strained or just irritated from the sand.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
yeah, but what the cowboys could do now and jerry jones, is only let terry glenn practice just alittle to get some timing down,and only use glenn in the slot

and give the bulk of wr work to Hurd, Austin & Stanback, then let one of them step up, im hoping some way we can hide amondola

ddh33

Reaction score
I'm just curious where you go with all of this now.

Really, from everything I have seen and read for the last year, Terry Glenn is the very definition of day-to-day. And one day, he's not going to be able to go at all...

Do you practice him to see if he's going to be able to help you, knowing that you're also taking away snaps he might have given you when it counts? Do you take it easy on him, carry him on the roster only to lose him a week or two in?

I can certainly see the dilemma here. Meanwhile, the need for bodies is as high as it's ever been. On top of that, you've got some young talent that you might like to keep and see develop. Is Terry Glenn going to take away from them, or even cause you to lose one of them? I think there is more to this than a simple agreement of a contract.

Xy_Oldone

Reaction score
jdnoyes;2158272 said:
Its not the same exact thing. The new article says Glenn actually signed some sort of injury waiver, which would indicate that he would be on his way to camp.

Actually that is posted on one of the four pages. I do not care just pointing out that there are two threads on the exact same subject.