ESPN: Terry Glenn Agrees To Deal; Cowboys still contemplating it

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
ZeroClub;2158627 said:
Yeah, I picked up on the same thing..... Maybe Glenn has agreed, but to a higher than 500K figure.

There has to be more to this, otherwise it'd mean that Jerry was just yanking Glenn's chain. (and Jerry wouldn't do that)

Yeah, Glenn has been the one playing games to get more money for no performance. He knows he is done and is just trying to hold the cowboys hostage for as much as he can. I would love it if all this backfired on him, and we sign a veteran from another team and simply cut him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Until I see Glenn on the field in Cleveland, I'm not going to get real excited about him this season.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2158670 said:
Until I see Glenn on the field in Cleveland, I'm not going to get real excited about him this season.

Mabye Jerry just wanted to get one more jab in. Break Glenn down until he succumbs to Jerry's demands, and then says "yeah, I think I've changed my mind."

That's cold, Jerry. Cold as ice. :eyepoke:

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
ddh33;2158271 said:
I'm just curious where you go with all of this now.

Really, from everything I have seen and read for the last year, Terry Glenn is the very definition of day-to-day. And one day, he's not going to be able to go at all...

Do you practice him to see if he's going to be able to help you, knowing that you're also taking away snaps he might have given you when it counts? Do you take it easy on him, carry him on the roster only to lose him a week or two in?

I can certainly see the dilemma here. Meanwhile, the need for bodies is as high as it's ever been. On top of that, you've got some young talent that you might like to keep and see develop. Is Terry Glenn going to take away from them, or even cause you to lose one of them? I think there is more to this than a simple agreement of a contract.
I happen to agree. However, I was once told me that its not the teams job to give people time on the field. Real players will find there way onto the field and break into the starting line up. At least thats pretty much what he said if I recall right.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Hostile;2158442 said:
I agree. Don't reach. Did we learn nothing from the Q saga?

Yeah I went there.

:p:

Wasn't JJ's story there - "well, we wanted to sign him to a 4-year contact to let him develop, that's why we took him 5 rounds too early." Yes, that's why you cut Tony Banks a day into TC.

ddh33

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2158261 said:
:laugh2: I don't know if it was strained or just irritated from the sand.

ABQcowboyJR;2158822 said:
I happen to agree. However, I was once told me that its not the teams job to give people time on the field. Real players will find there way onto the field and break into the starting line up. At least thats pretty much what he said if I recall right.

Good line. I agree with it, by the way. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of these young guys did show enough to warrant more time on the field.