ESPNews: Jason Garrett Top Candidate

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
VA Cowboy;1337859 said:
It's right here:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1337801&postcount=204

Is that exactly what you are saying or not?

YES ...... thats exactly what I am saying .....

And you have no logical excuse why he failed other than that....

His problems over there where not any worse than the problems we faced here at the same time period ..... and he failed and quite coaching ....

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;1337872 said:
YES ...... thats exactly what I am saying .....

And you have no logical excuse why he failed other than that....

His problems over there where not any worse than the problems we faced here at the same time period ..... and he failed and quite coaching ....

Yeah, that's right. But he didn't "fail" due to Jerry not being there with him. That's the point.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
VA Cowboy;1337877 said:
It's not brain surgery, but I already posted it here:

http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1337817&postcount=209

I don't think Jimmy is some kind of perfect football guru. But I do know the reason he didn't win in Miami isn't because Jerry wasn't there.

Yea ..... but Jerry and his head coaches had the same problems ...or worse.

Yet you think he and they are all ******** .....

But you give Jimmy a pass ..........

I will state again so you can make another sign ....

If Jimmy had a GM and Owner like Jerry Jones in Miami ..... they would have Won the Superbowl .....

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
VA Cowboy;1337883 said:
Yeah, that's right. But he didn't "fail" due to Jerry not being there with him. That's the point.

Yes he did ..... Neither was as Good without the other ..... they both admit that now

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;1337887 said:
If Jimmy had a GM and Owner like Jerry Jones in Miami ..... they would have Won the Superbowl .....

I think this ends the discussion.

Very interesting take.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
VA Cowboy;1337839 said:
YES. JONES DESERVES CREDIT FOR HIRING JIMMY AND THEN GETTING OUT OF THE WAY.

Jerry did the same thing with Parcells, so I guess he deserves some credit there too, no?

Nah, he's still an idiot.

Why is it that you insist that he is reverting back to the way he ran the team under Campo and Gailey?

Because he decided to interview Garrett?

Is that what you are basing your whole argument on, VA?

What about that indicates to you that he has reverted back to "too much meddling?"

You don't know if Garrett will be the HC or OC.

You have no idea on how much control Jones plans to give the next head coach.

And yet you've jumped to the conclusion that Jerry is reverting back to his old ways ...

... based on the fact that he interviewed one person outside the organization. OK.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
zrinkill;1337812 said:
Then why did he fail in Miami? Because he did not have JJ to run the day to day operations?

Thats what I think.

There was no Herschel (sp?) to trade in Miami.:D I give them both credit for the beginning. I just give Jones more credit for ending a good thing. Thats not plausible?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dave_in-NC;1337946 said:
There was no Herschel (sp?) to trade in Miami.:D I give them both credit for the beginning. I just give Jones more credit for ending a good thing. Thats not plausible?

It has come out that Jones begged Jimmy to stay but Jimmy was ready to go.

Jimmy and Jones reveiled this earlier this year .... Jones played the bad guy because Jimmy was looking for a job.

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
BulletBob;1337917 said:
Jerry did the same thing with Parcells, so I guess he deserves some credit there too, no?

Yep. I've stated that many times. I give Jerry credit for letting Jimmy and BP have control.

Nah, he's still an idiot.

He's proven to be an idiot when he takes control and tries to be the day-to-day GM. He didn't do that with Jimmy and BP.

Why is it that you insist that he is reverting back to the way he ran the team under Campo and Gailey?
Because he decided to interview Garrett?
Is that what you are basing your whole argument on, VA?
What about that indicates to you that he has reverted back to "too much meddling?"

That's what I said fromt he get-go, yet some took way too much exception to it. All I ever said was I didn't like the way he's hiring an assistant like he did before, prior to hiring a HC. That's it. Period. The rest is everyones over reaction to that little sentiment.

You don't know if Garrett will be the HC or OC.

You have no idea on how much control Jones plans to give the next head coach.

And yet you've jumped to the conclusion that Jerry is reverting back to his old ways ...

... based on the fact that he interviewed one person outside the organization. OK.

It's reported today that he is the OC. I said it looks like he's reverting back to his old ways in regards to this aspect. I don't know if this will be a harbinger of things to come or not. But yeah, that's the jest of it and it got so carried away from there.

Now if he was hired to be the HC, which he wasn't then that's a whole 'nother story. But thankfully he wasn't.

BulletBob

The Godfather
Reaction score
VA Cowboy;1337974 said:
Now if he was hired to be the HC, which he wasn't then that's a whole 'nother story. But thankfully he wasn't.

I don't think that chapter has been completely written just yet.

In fact, if it's true that Parcells is involved in all of this (having interviewed Garrett yesterday, etc., etc.), then I would suggest that it is less likely that Jones is reverting back to his old ways.

If he had "reverted back," he wouldn't give a damn what Parcells thought of Garrett (as a HC or OC) anyway.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
BulletBob;1338007 said:

In fact, if it's true that Parcells is involved in all of this (having interviewed Garrett yesterday, etc., etc.), then I would suggest that it is less likely that Jones is reverting back to his old ways.

If he had "reverted back," he wouldn't give a damn what Parcells thought of Garrett (as a HC or OC) anyway.

Wasting you're time man ..... some people made up their mind the Minute Bill left.

Heck some did it the minute Jimmy did. ;)

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
zrinkill;1337961 said:
It has come out that Jones begged Jimmy to stay but Jimmy was ready to go.

Jimmy and Jones reveiled this earlier this year .... Jones played the bad guy because Jimmy was looking for a job.

Must have missed that. Or was that the love fest on fox?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dave_in-NC;1338029 said:
Must have missed that. Or was that the love fest on fox?

I think it was right after that ..... an article.

But anyway it reinforced my belief that we as fans only know 1% of the story .....

Yet many of us have their minds made up about who is a bastage and who is not ....

;)

VA Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
BulletBob;1338007 said:

I fully hope he doesn't go back to his old ways. All I ever said was in regards to it was the fact he apparently has hired an assistant prior to a HC, like before.