ESPN's John Clayton Reports Ty Law is asking...

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
For 7mil a year with a 10mil signing bonus. Hmmmm, i like that salary but that bonus, im not sure of, comments?????

joseephuss

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
For 7mil a year with a 10mil signing bonus. Hmmmm, i like that salary but that bonus, im not sure of, comments?????

Even the 7 million is pretty high.

DBoys

Reaction score
Hahahahaha

Time for Law, and Arrington to come back to reality. They will wake up when the season is about to start and nobody has offered them anything.

Shaun

Reaction score
7 mil is too much. The bonus would be okay, if the salary is lower. I think Law can play in the NFL for another 3 years at least.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
aw, I would offer him a $2 bonus with a $.03 salary. Man, some of these football players are just offering too much. If you want money, play basketball;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Gryphon said:

Both the salary and bonus are too high. No thanks.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
im assuming hes just saying that but only really wants like 8 mil bonus and 6 mil salary realistically. the team says they will give him something like that as a compromise for both teams when he really wins

thats what i would do if i was negotiating for a contract.

kind of like when i bought my car. the guy asked for one price, i offered a lower price, and we agreed on one in the middle. come to find out he wanted the price he got right from the very beginning

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
This is ridiculous... His 10 interceptions were a fluke, and showed that other team's QBs didn't have a problem throwing the ball his way. I can't remember Newman getting the ball thrown in his direction that many times last year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gryphon said:

And that right there is the reason why he's till out there..........

:money:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
He should be able to land a deal similar to TO.

He's been a shutdown guy for years and really played well last year attacking the ball instead of defenders as he had under the old rules system.

7 mil per for 3 years I'd think is fair. Say 6 mil up front 1 in base, 4 mil base next year with a 2 mil roster bonus then the rest in year 3.

OOTF

Reaction score
He used to be a great CB but not anymore. And he will not last another 3 years to justify a $10M bonus. Its hard for proud guys like Ty to see the reality. But he will make a great FS for Cowboys when nobody offers him a CB position

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Gryphon said:

10 ints, 3 superbowl rings, pereniall all pro, a consummate professional and leader in the secondary....yep I'd say that price is just right for some Law and order!

JJ better make a move and get er done before it's too late! :cool:

jrumann59

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
10 ints, 3 superbowl rings, pereniall all pro, a consummate professional and leader in the secondary....yep I'd say that price is just right for some Law and order!

JJ better make a move and get er done before it's too late! :cool:

I would expect you to say something like that. I would take C. Woodson over T Law. Granted T law was good in his hay day but this is a D. Sanders to DC deal all over again. I would give him 4-6mil for SB and maybe a max of 2 mil a year for 3 years base and then make it incetive laden and maybe make him a FS. Beyond that let everyone else interested knock down his door, oh yeah there isn't anyone else really interested.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Anyone really wonder why he is still unemployeed?
Surprisingly, some do.

Personally I quit believing in faery tales when I was about 4.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He isn't that fast anymore didn't he get caught by some cops in a foot race for some sort of disorderly conduct in public 2 years ago.

Justis

Reaction score
If he was willing to settle for the kinda contract we gave Terry, I'd say hell yeah. But obviously, like most uber elite athletes- he's never going to realize that he's not mega franchise superman.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile said:
Surprisingly, some do.
Those people only see the int's and the joke pro bowl. That isn't close to the entire story. We need to move on. Just like 31 other teams have so far.