ESPN's John Clayton Reports Ty Law is asking...

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
you don't make that many plays unless the QB is throwing your way often, the opposite of a shutdown corner, good point

The jets were horrible last year, Law was the only bright spot on their entire team. Those bold QB's tried to fight the law.....and the law won! :cool:

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Derinyar said:
To get 10 picks either he was free lancing all year last year or QB's saw something exploitable there. Law isn't a 7 million a year player now, hes a good #2 CB or probably a very good FS.

10 picks speak for themself.....especially when your defense is horrible and your the only star player.

If Law don't want to play FS we can move Henry there so the Law firm can do his thing at his natural position.

Newman, Henry, Williams, Law....nobody would be able to throw against us without consequences!:eek:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
The jets were horrible last year, Law was the only bright spot on their entire team. Those bold QB's tried to fight the law.....and the law won! :cool:
Really? I thought the Jets finished 4-12. How is that "winning?"

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
10 picks speak for themself.....especially when your defense is horrible and your the only star player.

If Law don't want to play FS we can move Henry there so the Law firm can do his thing at his natural position.

Newman, Henry, Williams, Law....nobody would be able to throw against us without consequences!:eek:

Not too many corners have caught 10 interceptions, or even close to that, and actually had good seasons.

For 10 plays he made quarterbacks pay, what did he do for the other 600+ plays he was on the field? The answer to that question will also let you know why quarterbacks chose to test him so much.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Very well said. Good comparison to Green as well. He's not Deion either who goes out at age 38.

Definitely, he's not close to either player. Not even in his prime, since he's never had the natural speed and cover skills that both players were blessed with. Law has always been a bully at corner, being physical at the line to disrupt the recievers' route, but vunerable running with his man in open space. He's excellent in zone coverage though, which is why he should make that transition to safety and save himself the embarassment as his skills continue to decline.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Really? I thought the Jets finished 4-12. How is that "winning?"

Where did I say they won, I said that overconfident QB's faught the law and the law won.....10 picks don't come easy nowadays. :cool:

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Not too many corners have caught 10 interceptions, or even close to that, and actually had good seasons.

For 10 plays he made quarterbacks pay, what did he do for the other 600+ plays he was on the field? The answer to that question will also let you know why quarterbacks chose to test him so much.

The Jets secondary was horrible as a WHOLE, but at least they had one guy who made a difference and provided leadership.....that being Ty Law.

The man is still a shutdown corner, why people keep bringing up the fact that he hasn't been signed in FA yet is irrelevent. You don't ask for a $10 mil signing bonus and $7 mil a year if your not an elite player....will he get that? Most likely not, that's why Dallas and other possible suitors are waiting to see what the draft brings before they aggressively purse what top guys are left in free agency: Law, Woodson, Arrington, etc....the market will cool down and don't be surprised if JJ realizes Law IS THE ANSWER and makes a pitch for him. :cool:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
You don't ask for a $10 mil signing bonus and $7 mil a year if your not an elite player

If he was an elite player, he would already have it. It is not a coincidence that Law, Arrington and Woodson are still unsigned because their agents are demanding money they are not even close to being worth.

the market will cool down and don't be surprised if JJ realizes Law IS THE ANSWER and makes a pitch for him. :cool:

What is that creature--a hydra?

You cut off one arm and another grows in it's place?

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander said:
If he was an elite player, he would already have it. It is not a coincidence that Law, Arrington and Woodson are still unsigned because their agents are demanding money they are not even close to being worth.

What is that creature--a hydra?

You cut off one arm and another grows in it's place?

Yes you might be right, are these guys worth that kind of dough...probably not....but I can tell you Law is the only one of the three worth it...he has a gaudy resume and 32 teams around this league understand that.

Also from my understanding, his agents are cutt-throat shady type of cats....so like I said most teams are likely going to see what fruit the draft bears before they make a move for the rest of the big names out there. Who knows we might even address our secondary concerns in the 1st or 2nd round as well.

I just have a feeling that JJ is cooking up something, maybe contact has already been made to Law about acquiring his services and they are keeping it low key....anything is possible and I'm all for adding some Law and order as opposed to drafting an unproven rookie! :cool:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Yes you might be right, are these guys worth that kind of dough...probably not....but I can tell you Law is the only one of the three worth it...he has a gaudy resume and 32 teams around this league understand that.

Also from my understanding, his agents are cutt-throat shady type of cats....so like I said most teams are likely going to see what fruit the draft bears before they make a move for the rest of the big names out there. Who knows we might even address our secondary concerns in the 1st or 2nd round as well.

I just have a feeling that JJ is cooking up something, maybe contact has already been made to Law about acquiring his services and they are keeping it low key....anything is possible and I'm all for adding some Law and order as opposed to drafting an unproven rookie! :cool:

And the award for ridiculous post goes to...........

Wow!

Give up this Ty Law to Dallas foolishness before you make yourself look any worse.

The Cowboys have zero interest in this over-the-hill mercenary who's looking for anyone to pay his super-inflated asking price!

How about we put Arrington, Law and Woodson on the same team and call them Team Overpriced?

There's a reason all three of these boneheads are still out there after the market has dried up!

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo said:
And the award for ridiculous post goes to...........

Wow!

Give up this Ty Law to Dallas foolishness before you make yourself look any worse.

The Cowboys have zero interest in this over-the-hill mercenary who's looking for anyone to pay his super-inflated asking price!

How about we put Arrington, Law and Woodson on the same team and call them Team Overpriced?

There's a reason all three of these boneheads are still out there after the market has dried up!

Arrington > any LB on our roster

Woodson/Law > Newman/Henry/Pile/Davis/etc.....Roy Williams is the only true superstar in our secondary that's in the same league as the Law firm.

Yes there's a reason these PROVEN veterans are still on the market.....because they know what they are capable of doing and don't back their $$ value with lights out play on the football field.

Just because there are no reports or articles linking Law to Dallas doesn't mean things aren't going on behind the scenes....anything is possible and I believe it could happen...and should happen!

Adding a consummate professional with 3 superbowl rings immediately puts this team over the top!:cool:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
STOP IT!!

Or from this day forward you will be known as lambchops and licorice:eek:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Where did I say they won, I said that overconfident QB's faught the law and the law won.....10 picks don't come easy nowadays. :cool:
Like I said, 4-12. How is this winning? Law won what? Was he somehow above the 4-12 record?

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Like I said, 4-12. How is this winning? Law won what? Was he somehow above the 4-12 record?

Not that it means anything to me either, but he did earn yet another probowl birth and all pro status......he was a cap casulty on a rebuilding team...similar to Bledsoe after the 2004 season in buffalo when he carried them to 6 straight must win games.

The Jets record was bad last year, but Law was the standout on not just the defense, but the offense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And Law was so good that the Jets never considered keeping him at his bloated price tag......

:lmao:

JIGGYFLY

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:

Woodson/Law > Newman/Henry/Pile/Davis/etc.....Roy Williams is the only true superstar in our secondary that's in the same league as the Law firm.

Yes there's a reason these PROVEN veterans are still on the market.....because they know what they are capable of doing and don't back their $$ value with lights out play on the football field.

Just because there are no reports or articles linking Law to Dallas doesn't mean things aren't going on behind the scenes....anything is possible and I believe it could happen...and should happen!

Adding a consummate professional with 3 superbowl rings immediately puts this team over the top!:cool:

Nors You just cannot not help yourself when it comes to Law.:lmao2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bledsoe4MVP said:

You believe the hype if you want to, but the fact is that Arrington's never done anything in this league - and he never will. His numbers have never been close to equal to his salary and now the entire league knows it. That's why he's sitting out there after having visited 5 different teams.

Look at Woodson's career numbers and then come back to this debate - you'll be shocked.

The reason is they're all grossly overpriced and are hoping someone gets desperate enough to pay them. Each will probably sign a one year "cap inflated" deal like Law did in New York last year and then hit the market again next year.

Yeah, there aren't any reports about Aikman coming back either, but let's hold out hope for that too.......

:lmao2:

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
stasheroo said:
And Law was so good that the Jets never considered keeping him at his bloated price tag......

:lmao:

Maybe you don't follow the NFL to know that the jets are in what you call 'salary jap jail'....they loaded up to make a run for it all in 2005 and failed miserably, also were ravaged with injuries...this is why all kinds of veterans were purged from the roster this offseason....Law, Mawae, Fabini, Sowell, John Abraham, etc

I'm amazed Pennington is still on the roster....he still might even get cut if they draft leinart or cutler.

The are clearly in rebuilding mode and it makes no sense whatsoever to keep the best cornerback in the league on your team for 10 mil a season. :confused:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Maybe you don't follow the NFL to know that the jets are in what you call 'salary jap jail'....they loaded up to make a run for it all in 2005 and failed miserably, also were ravaged with injuries...this is why all kinds of veterans were purged from the roster this offseason....Law, Mawae, Fabini, Sowell, John Abraham, etc

I'm amazed Pennington is still on the roster....he still might even get cut if they draft leinart or cutler.

The are clearly in rebuilding mode and it makes no sense whatsoever to keep the best cornerback in the league on your team for 10 mil a season. :confused:

Paying 10 mill a year to Law is a good way for any team to put themselfs in salary jail. Hopefully the mind set in Dallas is not just to try and buy 1 SB then go back down to the bottom afterwards.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bledsoe4MVP said:

I follow the NFL well enough not to be fooled by the "hype" surrounding these three players.

And I'm not into the "Madden football" mindset that some are. The uninformed who want to sign every guy they've ever heard of to play for the Cowboys despite the cost.

Keep dreaming about Ty Law if you want, the fact is he'll never end up in Dallas.