ESPN's John Clayton Reports Ty Law is asking...

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
Anyone really wonder why he is still unemployeed?

Because he's a top player demanding top dollar....the market will cool down soon, and we will emerge as a player in the Law sweepstakes after the draft.

We have a major hole at FS.....Davis and/or gomer pile isn't the answer...anybody that doesn't realize this must not want to win next season!

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
OK whatever. Those "top player" guys were signed over a month ago.

10 Ints on a bad jets defense...3 superbowl rings....unparralled veteran leadership.....he deserves every penny and probably will get it when it's all said and done...Woodson and Arrington are both still available and are premier players as well. :cool:

jrumann59

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
10 Ints on a bad jets defense...3 superbowl rings....unparralled veteran leadership.....he deserves every penny and probably will get it when it's all said and done...Woodson and Arrington are both still available and are premier players as well. :cool:

Good compimentary players, premeier players would already have a contract and not be mentioned on a teams forum boards.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Still unsigned. :lmao:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I would go $5mil signing bonus. $5 mil per year for 3 years.

Incentive Laden up the rest of the money. You want $10 mil per. Win a few games singehandedly....

for the most part I dont want him... too old and I would like us to go younger... but we are in a WIN NOW mode... for whatever thats worth...

the_h0wey

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
For 7mil a year with a 10mil signing bonus. Hmmmm, i like that salary but that bonus, im not sure of, comments?????

You like the Salary? You can't be serious.... If Ty Law was brought in it would be to play Safety and the front office would have to be in a coma to pay him that much money.....

joseephuss

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Because he's a top player demanding top dollar....the market will cool down soon, and we will emerge as a player in the Law sweepstakes after the draft.

We have a major hole at FS.....Davis and/or gomer pile isn't the answer...anybody that doesn't realize this must not want to win next season!

Everyone realizes that Dallas needs a free safety. Not wanting Law isn't the same as not wanting to improve the FS position. Everyone also realizes that Law is not interested in playing FS. His salary demands pretty much prove that.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Everyone realizes that Dallas needs a free safety. Not wanting Law isn't the same as not wanting to improve the FS position. Everyone also realizes that Law is not interested in playing FS. His salary demands pretty much prove that.

Exactly. He doesn't want to play FS...He's letting his ego get in the way. We have TOo many ego's as it is. Lets go young in the FS position with a 3rd round pick...Call Pete Hunter back or use Reeves or Henry back there as a FS in nickle and dime situations.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
:laugh1:
Wow.........Ty Law will get paid. Last year coming off an injury the skeptics were is full force early in the off-season, but once August rolled around teams came calling..........after the draft, mini-camps and a couple of weeks in training camp, there are going to be coaches that realize they have a weakness in the secondary and LB core giving the Postons and their clients all the leverage they need to get a good deal.

The Poston critics are always in full force early in the off-season, last time I checked all their clients get paid fair market value once the season starts.........its amazing how different reality is from perception Milloy got paid, Pace collected franchise LT money a couple of years, Law got paid, Woodson collected franchise Cb money too, Law got paid.............Julian Peterson got paid, Ian Gold got paid...........prior to the renegoniation with the Skins, LaVar got paid........Kellen Winslow got a better deal than guys drafted ahead of him (the bike accident and subsequent contract fall-out wasn't the Postons fault.......Winslow responsibilty).

Ty Law will get paid fair markey value for a Pro Bowl CB. I just hope its the Cowboys paying, come late December and play-off time I like our chance with Law in our secondary.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Arrington has not gotten it done and should not be mentioned in the same sentence as Ty Law (...D'oh, OK that's the last time).

Law is a playmaker and wants another 12-15 mil before he rides off into the sunset. No one in the NFL makes 7 mil a year in pure salary I have a feeling he wants a deal averaging 7 mil a year-- that usually includes the SB.

Basically a T.O. type deal. Not. Worth. It. Great player; not a fit at that cost and that age.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Charles said:
:laugh1:
Wow.........Ty Law will get paid. Last year coming off an injury the skeptics were is full force early in the off-season, but once August rolled around teams came calling..........after the draft, mini-camps and a couple of weeks in training camp, there are going to be coaches that realize they have a weakness in the secondary and LB core giving the Postons and their clients all the leverage they need to get a good deal.

The Poston critics are always in full force early in the off-season, last time I checked all their clients get paid fair market value once the season starts.........its amazing how different reality is from perception Milloy got paid, Pace collected franchise LT money a couple of years, Law got paid, Woodson collected franchise Cb money too, Law got paid.............Julian Peterson got paid, Ian Gold got paid...........prior to the renegoniation with the Skins, LaVar got paid........Kellen Winslow got a better deal than guys drafted ahead of him (the bike accident and subsequent contract fall-out wasn't the Postons fault.......Winslow responsibilty).

Ty Law will get paid fair markey value for a Pro Bowl CB. I just hope its the Cowboys paying, come late December and play-off time I like our chance with Law in our secondary.
I'll never understand your near worship of the Postons. Please don't explain it to me. I don't think I could stomach it.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Ty Law's ego never ceases to amaze me. He'll be lucky to play two more good seasons, and he expects some team to sign him to a seven year contract? Ha! Wow.

Law, you are not Darrell Green. When you turn 40, you will not be in a uniform you will be at home wearing your old Patriots throwback. Get over yourself.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
Ty Law's ego never ceases to amaze me. He'll be lucky to play two more good seasons, and he expects some team to sign him to a seven year contract? Ha! Wow.

Law, you are not Darrell Green. When you turn 40, you will not be in a uniform you will be at home wearing your old Patriots throwback. Get over yourself.
Very well said. Good comparison to Green as well. He's not Deion either who goes out at age 38.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:

Law might play well into his 30's, but I agree 100% he's no where close to the classy, consistently excellent player DG was. In my opinion, Green is the best CB that ever played.

Derinyar

Reaction score
To get 10 picks either he was free lancing all year last year or QB's saw something exploitable there. Law isn't a 7 million a year player now, hes a good #2 CB or probably a very good FS.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Derinyar said:
To get 10 picks either he was free lancing all year last year or QB's saw something exploitable there. Law isn't a 7 million a year player now, hes a good #2 CB or probably a very good FS.
You forgot something. According to one poster, he can also walk on water.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Derinyar said:

you don't make that many plays unless the QB is throwing your way often, the opposite of a shutdown corner, good point