ESPN's John Clayton Reports Ty Law is asking...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
I just have a feeling that JJ is cooking up something, maybe contact has already been made to Law about acquiring his services and they are keeping it low key....anything is possible and I'm all for adding some Law and order as opposed to drafting an unproven rookie! :cool:
We shall see how the draft goes, and if we don't make a 1st/2nd round choice for FS, then you might be right.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Bledsoe4MVP said:
Maybe you don't follow the NFL to know that the jets are in what you call 'salary jap jail'....they loaded up to make a run for it all in 2005 and failed miserably, also were ravaged with injuries...this is why all kinds of veterans were purged from the roster this offseason....Law, Mawae, Fabini, Sowell, John Abraham, etc

I'm amazed Pennington is still on the roster....he still might even get cut if they draft leinart or cutler.

The are clearly in rebuilding mode and it makes no sense whatsoever to keep the best cornerback in the league on your team for 10 mil a season. :confused:
The reason those guys are on the street is that the Jets didn't feel they were worth their salary cap figures.

If Law was the best CB in the league he still wouldn't be worth 10 million a season. Few players in the league are worth 10 million a year. Owens and Moss are the only WR's who are close. Manning and Brady are the only QB's who are in that range. Almost no other player is, other than maybe the top two or three sack artists in the league, and even they would be over paid. You just can't afford to pay 10% of your teams salary to someone whos not at a huge impact position and is playing something very dependant.

Bledsoe4MVP

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
We shall see how the draft goes, and if we don't make a 1st/2nd round choice for FS, then you might be right.

JJ already said that he's not drafting one, and this michael huff crap is a smokescreen....no way JJ would be that stupid to give up multiple day 1 draft picks to move into the top 10. If he wants to waste draft picks like that he might as well just sign law for a 1 year incentive laden deal. :cool: