Euro 2008

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2130947 said:
Without Ballack edge in talent goes to Spain but experience goes by a mile to Germany.

I am Welsh by ancestry so favor neither. In fact I would favor Spain as the home of the hotter women but thats about as far as my bias goes.

I have just learned Germany tends to be clutch in these situations.

I am mostly hoping the US team will field a competent group and play some meaningful WC matches this time as they did 7 years ago.

Germany doesnt have the monster that is Oliver Kahn, love Lehmann, but I see him making atleast one fatal error today. He is not the player he used to be, Adler or Enke should be starting. Lehmanns terrible goaltending got bailed out by Phillip Lahm against Turkey, I seriously doubt the Spaniards will be as generous.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
Spain is the better team.

Spain has the better players.

So who is going to win..... Germany of course, somehow they just always find a way to win.

As I said weeks ago, "Never bet against the Germans".

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;2130983 said:
Spain is the better team.

Spain has the better players.

So who is going to win..... Germany of course, somehow they just always find a way to win.

As I said weeks ago, "Never bet against the Germans".

That basically sums up my thoughts exactly.

Tho watching the game and seeing Spain's speed advantage it is harder to hold onto that feeling.

Capt.Gut

Reaction score
Doesn't looks good right now. Spain was the better team so far..

And yes Lehmann never should have started.

Ren

Reaction score
Never thought i'd see the day Spain won a championship well deserved though they where the better team

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Dave the Sicilian;2131043 said:
embarassing Germany IMO...and Spain is the right European Champion

Germany were so bad today, I can barely find words to describe it. They completely gave up around the 80th minute, it was like a kick about in a park for Spain in the last 10 minutes.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Germany was the better team for about 13 minutes... then Spain's speed took over. Germany was worn down trying to stay with the quicker Spaniards.

Good game and well deserved win by the team who played the best Tourney imho.

A 1-0 championship loss is hardly embarrassing.

The german goaltender was questionable but they also need to add some speed on that back line. Not every player needs to be 6'4". Not every game is played through the air.