Euro 2008

Ren

Reaction score
nah it's just those stale attacks that make it seem like that, Toni was clearly not in top form this tournament yet all they did in every game was try to hit him on crosses.
Taking Cassano out made their attacks even more predictable

Dave the Sicilian

Reaction score
Ren;2125281 said:
nah it's just those stale attacks that make it seem like that, Toni was clearly not in top form this tournament yet all they did in every game was try to hit him on crosses.
Taking Cassano out made their attacks even more predictable

even with cassano we had more than half time in our 40 metres...and donadoni hadn't the courage to take off player not in form

MC KAos

Reaction score
thekavorka;2125278 said:
italy was playing the whole game for shootout. they deserved to lose

i got the same feeling about their play, specially in overtime

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Thank god Italy are gone, I cannot stand teams going out with the tactics of stopping the other team playing. They didn't deserve to be there anyway, they have been awful all tournament.

Spain-Russia will be great. The first game could have gone either way, 4-1 sounds bad but Russia missed so many chances that could have got them the victory. They also didn't have Arshivan (their best player) first time around.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I expected Germany going in and now I am back with that prediction.

Spain looks to rely far too much on just Villa for scoring, but yes I am glad they beat the packed in Italian side.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
thekavorka;2124729 said:
who'd like to join me

and i hope the guy who bet on a portugal/holland final didn't bet too much money...

Guess it is the cold war remnants but I can't back Russia:)

I back Germany instead, rofl.

:p:

Gaede

Reaction score
I'm really hoping for a Germany/Russia final. Arshavin has been my favourite player to watch this whole tourny, even though he's only been in two games. He's incredible. And Pavluochenko is fun to watch too--he misses way more than he scores, but he makes plays.

Just don't let Spain advance!

Gaede

Reaction score
also, the thing i like best about Russia is their play in the 18 yard box. they always lay the ball perfectly for an open man. it shows alot of patience and teamwork

Dave the Sicilian

Reaction score
Great game and great mad Turkey...but I like how they play.
And Germany carries on...and goes to its 6th Europena final! :eek::

thekavorka

Reaction score
Turkey were clearly the better team today and deserved to win.

But they got some luck to even get this far. Whatever happens, I hope either Spain/Russia win.

Ren

Reaction score
didn't get the 2nd half on TV here power outage in Switzerland or something :(

Dave the Sicilian

Reaction score
Ren;2127968 said:
didn't get the 2nd half on TV here power outage in Switzerland or something :(

We had the same problem here in Italy but not for the whole 2nd half, but 3 times for some minutes each time due to satellite problem in Vienna...we lost the 2nd German goal