Euro 2008

Capt.Gut

Reaction score
The international signal came from Vienna and there was a big thunderstorm over the city during the second half. The german TV switched their signal to the swiss broadcast so we were able to see most of the second half. But the moderator phoned in and was clearly ahead of the relayed tv signal. He was screaming goal and the goal was shown 3-5 seconds later.
But Germany advances following the old rule: Soccer: 22 men and a ball and in the end the Germans win. LOL
Hope our luck carries on into the final. Will be a hack of a game. Give me Russia please.

Ren

Reaction score
the old rule is Germany wins 1-0 this German team is not that boring though

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I am a novice to Euro soccer for the most part but going in I expected Portugal to find a way to lose and Germany to find a way to win.

Turkey played rabid ball late every game but it cost them this go round as Germany attacked back in the end. Sometimes you gotta sit on the tie and get to the extended time. Not everyone can play like Brazil. :)

thekavorka

Reaction score
jterrell;2128359 said:
I am a novice to Euro soccer for the most part but going in I expected Portugal to find a way to lose and Germany to find a way to win.

Turkey played rabid ball late every game but it cost them this go round as Germany attacked back in the end. Sometimes you gotta sit on the tie and get to the extended time. Not everyone can play like Brazil. :)

they attacked because half their team is injured or suspended. they didnt have the legs or the players to last in extra time.

Capt.Gut

Reaction score
I don't know why, but often Germany finds ways to win games they should have lost.
The third goal from Lahm was a beauty.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Capt.Gut;2128466 said:
I don't know why, but often Germany finds ways to win games they should have lost.
The third goal from Lahm was a beauty.

and I guess the opposite can also be said at times, that they find ways to lose when they should win...

also the no penalty (that should have been a penalty) on Lahm had a chance of costing Germany that game

thekavorka

Reaction score
Zaxor;2128528 said:
and I guess the opposite can also be said at times, that they find ways to lose when they should win...

also the no penalty (that should have been a penalty) on Lahm had a chance of costing Germany that game

that wasn't a penalty. free kick outside the box

thekavorka

Reaction score
russia bandwagon :(

well, i'll be rooting for Spain against Germany. GO FABREGAS

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
thekavorka;2128392 said:
they attacked because half their team is injured or suspended. they didnt have the legs or the players to last in extra time.

fair enough but they also did that a few other times this tourney:)

you can't live by the sword without dying by it at some point.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Spain played fantastic again, they really have played great all tournament. In terms of pure football, Spain have been the best team, their football is beautiful.

I hope they win it now, the teams that go out to play nice football are the teams I like to see win. The Germans will go out with the intention of stopping Spain playing and sneaking it, I don't like to see that style of football rewarded.

Capt.Gut

Reaction score
gazmc_06;2128815 said:
The Germans will go out with the intention of stopping Spain playing and sneaking it, I don't like to see that style of football rewarded.

We didn't do that against Portugal and displayed against Turkey that the defense is our strength. Yes I could see us do that.:rolleyes:

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Ren;2128300 said:
the old rule is Germany wins 1-0 this German team is not that boring though

And their defending is terrible, if the Turks could slice through it at will, imagine what the likes of Cesc, Xavi and Torres are going to do.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2130599 said:
And their defending is terrible, if the Turks could slice through it at will, imagine what the likes of Cesc, Xavi and Torres are going to do.

The Turks forewent defense.

If Spain does that they lose big.
But they will not do that.

They will try to play it close then pick their spots like Germany and most quality clubs.

If Ballack is indeed out I could see extended time. 1-1 to the extended period and it could go either way then.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2130923 said:
The Turks forewent defense.

If Spain does that they lose big.
But they will not do that.

They will try to play it close then pick their spots like Germany and most quality clubs.

If Ballack is indeed out I could see extended time. 1-1 to the extended period and it could go either way then.

If Ballack is out, Germany is ****ed, no two ways about it. Spain will win.

thekavorka

Reaction score
ballack is starting. but how effective will he be with the calf injury? who knows

and i'll be rooting for spain. FABREGAS

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;2130929 said:
If Ballack is out, Germany is ****ed, no two ways about it. Spain will win.

Without Ballack edge in talent goes to Spain but experience goes by a mile to Germany.

I am Welsh by ancestry so favor neither. In fact I would favor Spain as the home of the hotter women but thats about as far as my bias goes.

I have just learned Germany tends to be clutch in these situations.

I am mostly hoping the US team will field a competent group and play some meaningful WC matches this time as they did 7 years ago.