Video: Even Blandino thinks Micah was held vs the Bears

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If they call it every time the game would be 5 hours long

if the other team doesnt hold then Micah wouldve broke the single season sack record by now and thats no exaggeration hes THAT good

This is what they said in basketball but the reality is that players and coaches will adjust. What wee are getting is players and coaching taking advantage of the way its called to their benefit. It makes breaking the rules desirable which should be the opposite of policy goals.

blueblood70

Reaction score

if the other team doesnt hold then Micah wouldve broke the single season sack record by now and thats no exaggeration hes THAT good
no but 11 right now, yes ...

there were 3 blatant hold that weren't called on him, a roughing took an INT away and fumble overturned that shouldn't have been., a facemask that was so bad only the zebras missed it , terribly Officiated game.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Who cares, for any reason, what Dean Blandino thinks about the NFL? He is the initiator of the "process of the catch" nonsense, which the NFL had to later admit, was incorrectly applied (through a league office phone call to the game officials) to Tony Romo's best chance to get a Super Bowl ring. For a stand up comedian to move to NFL director of officiating, is a joke on all of NFL fans in general. He never officiated a game... not once.

Personally, I will never listen to any word that ever comes out of his mouth. He is muted during all football games.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

Then change the freaking rule and don't call it all.....this is the poorest excuse for not calling penalties. That's why fans AND players get mad.....when it is imposed on them and not on the other guy.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Doesn't everyone?

Well, no, Big Dog. It appears the owner's spawn and some of the fans here think "you can't call a penalty on every play." And that is acceptable.

The best edge rusher in the league should not get special treatment. But with all the hubbub about this guy, how can the ref watching the action not keep an eye on a guy who is wrecking the league with his abilities? The potential for a violation is apt to be between the offensive lineman and Micah.

But I guess I am a lunatic thinking that rules are there for a reason. I mean this is certainly not the NBA with the star rules.

Maybe that is the answer. Same offensive lineman gets four holding calls he is kicked out of the game.

Or maybe we should just ask Dez what he thinks about the rules.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

There were some even more obvious....one the tackle had him with a half nelson move in wrestling and nothing called. The TD Micah scored who would have thought he was out of the play. Very weak excuses. Either call them or get rid of them. Not leave it up to officials to be subjective or give preferential treatment, unless that is the purpose from the beginning.

CWR

Reaction score
@MarcusRock I think you made an excellent point with the rip move. You definitely educated me, so credit for that.

The real question is how many of those "holds" were legit vs how many times did he use the rip move?

Don't get it twisted though, I still believe Dez caught it. Lol

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Wait, so NOW we believe Blandino knows what he's talking about? If so, then he knew what he was talking about back in ol' 2014, right? Right? Lol.

Seriously, I respect his opinion as a former head of refs and I can see his point if the TE blew the block and Micah was by him when he yanked him down, but the TE stuck the block good enough with a grip firm enough to be able to do what he did while Fields moved away from that side to toss right. Parsons would have only been able to affect things unimpeded or immediately defeating the block. Someone made Blandino's point in the thread we were all discussing this and my answer is the same here as there, which is that the TE did enough to make Parsons backside. Of course if the throw goes to the TE left or even a fake there you can call it.