Video: Even Blandino thinks Micah was held vs the Bears

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Never liked the person that truly believes they are the smartest person in the room.

Humor is one thing. Being an *** is different.

Let's Go Cowboys!

Would this personal review have to do with you having still not answered my question about a missed holding I was supposed to see at the 0:40 mark of the 2nd Quarter in the Bears game? I mean, we don't want to come across as biased, do we? Maybe you can answer here with me asking you for a 3rd time.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
@MarcusRock I think you made an excellent point with the rip move. You definitely educated me, so credit for that.

The real question is how many of those "holds" were legit vs how many times did he use the rip move?

Don't get it twisted though, I still believe Dez caught it. Lol

Because you hear people around here talking about how Parsons is always in a head lock by an OL, it's safe to say Parsons uses that move a lot because it puts him in that very position by doing what he does. That's why it's an exception to prevent rushers from trying to influence a call by their own actions.

Creeper

Reaction score
That is holding and it happened multiple times in this game. You cannot grab a player and pull him to the ground.

The rulebook states it is a foul for a blocker to:
(c) Use his hands or arms to materially restrict or alter the defender’s path or angle of pursuit. It is a foul regardless of whether the blocker’s hands are inside or outside the frame of the defender’s body. Material restrictions include but are not limited to:
(1) grabbing or tackling an opponent;
(2) hooking, jerking, twisting, or turning him; or
(3) pulling him to the ground.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Wait, so NOW we believe Blandino knows what he's talking about? If so, then he knew what he was talking about back in ol' 2014, right? Right? Lol.

Seriously, I respect his opinion as a former head of refs and I can see his point if the TE blew the block and Micah was by him when he yanked him down, but the TE stuck the block good enough with a grip firm enough to be able to do what he did while Fields moved away from that side to toss right. Parsons would have only been able to affect things unimpeded or immediately defeating the block. Someone made Blandino's point in the thread we were all discussing this and my answer is the same here as there, which is that the TE did enough to make Parsons backside. Of course if the throw goes to the TE left or even a fake there you can call it.

He grabbed him by the neck of his jersey and pulled him to the ground.

It was flat out holding no gray area no excuses it was holding that wasn't called. It happens all the time as the league tries to manipulate the game through the refs.

Reaction score
This is what they said in basketball but the reality is that players and coaches will adjust. What wee are getting is players and coaching taking advantage of the way its called to their benefit. It makes breaking the rules desirable which should be the opposite of policy goals.

That doesn't seem to apply when the Cowboys O Line is on the field, example is the Steele 3 holding penalties a few games ago

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
no but 11 right now, yes ...

there were 3 blatant hold that weren't called on him, a roughing took an INT away and fumble overturned that shouldn't have been., a facemask that was so bad only the zebras missed it , terribly Officiated game.

yeah you only don't throw a flag on the holds because you decide not to throw the flag, same with the facemask

Blackrain

Reaction score
no but 11 right now, yes ...

there were 3 blatant hold that weren't called on him, a roughing took an INT away and fumble overturned that shouldn't have been., a facemask that was so bad only the zebras missed it , terribly Officiated game.

Well said this group of officials couldn't even be saved by the Super Hero of defending poor officiating. Marcus Rock

MarcusRock

Reaction score
He grabbed him by the neck of his jersey and pulled him to the ground.

It was flat out holding no gray area no excuses it was holding that wasn't called. It happens all the time as the league tries to manipulate the game through the refs.

It was holding, yes. No one is disputing that, not even me. But there are exceptions on things that are actually real holds. On this one the ref says it's the backside exception. Judgment call that Parsons couldn't have had an effect. Blandino's made his case and I've made mine, which is if Micah defeated the block immediately or the TE whiffed then yeah, he could have had an effect. But anything less than that TE just getting in the way and even Micah would not have gotten there in time to approach Fields. This is not black and white but people keep trying to make it that.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
That is holding and it happened multiple times in this game. You cannot grab a player and pull him to the ground.

The rulebook states it is a foul for a blocker to:
(c) Use his hands or arms to materially restrict or alter the defender’s path or angle of pursuit. It is a foul regardless of whether the blocker’s hands are inside or outside the frame of the defender’s body. Material restrictions include but are not limited to:
(1) grabbing or tackling an opponent;
(2) hooking, jerking, twisting, or turning him; or
(3) pulling him to the ground.

Yes. But you can do everything listed there if they fall into a few of the exceptions to the rules and that is what your average fan doesn't know. Hard to argue a rule when all the pieces aren't even known.

Blackrain

Reaction score
It was holding, yes. No one is disputing that, not even me. But there are exceptions on things that are actually real holds. On this one the ref says it's the backside exception. Judgment call that Parsons couldn't have had an effect. Blandino's made his case and I've made mine, which is if Micah defeated the block immediately or the TE whiffed then yeah, he could have had an effect. But anything less than that TE just getting in the way and even Micah would not have gotten there in time to approach Fields. This is not black and white but people keep trying to make it that.
I'm giving you a like but you could have just stopped at it was holding yes. Lol