Even the injury-riddled, wounded animal Pats team...Pats-Denver Game Thread

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The Patriot players all know their roles and what is expected of them.

This is what we get for hiring a defensive coordinator as our head coach.

Boysboy

Reaction score
YoMick;2361179 said:
I have done my share of Belichick bashing and he deserved every bit of it.

BUT he has the one thing we need. He has control of his team and they ARE ALWAYS ready to play.

When your team has leadership and heart, any of your shortcomings(i.e. Cassell) are almost always made up for by just that.

Blame the injuries on our part, but we don't have any leadership on our end like the Pats do.

dre1614

Reaction score
Boysboy;2361194 said:
When your team has leadership and heart, any of your shortcomings(i.e. Cassell) are almost always made up for by just that.

Blame the injuries on our part, but we don't have any leadership on our end like the Pats do.

I'm not sure about heart, but I agree we don't have much leadership at all. We just dont know how to win when we need to. Only BJ has tasted victory on this team and he is a backup.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I hate Dever living in this part of the country. Tom Jackson has made it 10 time worse. I'm loving this and i hope the donkeys get beat by 41. Add to that the damn shame if Cutler was out for a few weeks:)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That play to Moss is why I think Garrett is lacking in his OC duties this year. Moss is the guy everyone game plans to take out of games and yet their OC manages to find a way to move him around, change his routes, and get him some looks.

Now I know Moss has been slowed down this year, I don't deny that, but you can at least tell their coordinator attempts to react to what the defense is doing and give him a better shot to succeed.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2361289 said:
That play to Moss is why I think Garrett is lacking in his OC duties this year. Moss is the guy everyone game plans to take out of games and yet their OC manages to find a way to move him around, change his routes, and get him some looks.
Ever since the Pats started running that bubble screen a lot last year, I've wondered why we don't do that with TO. Just get him the ball in the open field with a couple blockers in front.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hoodie has the team ready to go.

Great point by those mentioning that Moss gets several opportunities no matter what. It also appears that they aren't "forcing" the ball to Moss.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;2361308 said:
Hoodie has the team ready to go.

Great point by those mentioning that Moss gets several opportunities no matter what. It also appears that they aren't "forcing" the ball to Moss.

It's no different from LT in San Diego. Or for that matter, Michael Jordan in Chicago.

Yes-you need to spread the wealth, however...to "get that engine running", you need to get your playmakers going. Just do whatever it takes-deep balls, screens, slant routes, etc, etc.

So no-that doesn't make TO, LT, Moss, or whoever "ball hogs" at all.

superpunk

Reaction score
The Pats are averaging 17 ppg on the season.

The Broncos defense makes alot of coordinators look like geniuses.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2361296 said:
Ever since the Pats started running that bubble screen a lot last year, I've wondered why we don't do that with TO. Just get him the ball in the open field with a couple blockers in front.

I've been curious about that for both him and now for Austin cause he's so fast. That just seems like a great little route to let them run after the catch with their speed.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not seeing a lot of "pump fake draw" plays here...

Interesting.