Video: Everson Walls on Undisputed

Aven8

Reaction score
Walls was something else! A true ball hawk that we have all coveted around here for years. For those that weren't old enough to see him play he was magnetic. 11 Int's as a rookie, and 7 in only 9 games the next season during the shortened strike year. 18 picks in 1.5 years! Amazing.

MrPhil

Reaction score
I will date myself with this but, wasn't his slogan or catch phrase "Up Against the Wall"?

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Anyone notice the ticker at the bottom of the video pic.......S Marcus Williams tweets "I won't let one play define me."

You won't, but the rest of the world will..........forever.

You better end up being an all pro just to soften the blow.

Epic fail has a new definition.............................

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Walls was a good player for the Cowboys but he’ll best be remembered for this play.
k8c7Fy.jpg

diefree666

Reaction score
Walls was a good player for the Cowboys but he’ll best be remembered for this play.
k8c7Fy.jpg
there are some who think Joe was throwing the ball away on that play but no he wanted to make it a jump ball since Clark was much bigger than everson. I think he did overthrow it some because clark barely got to it. there was really nothing everson could have done except tackle him prior to the catch and that means a first and goal at the one.

diefree666

Reaction score
They let him go to the gnats... At least he got a ring. He wasn't a big mouth diva like Deion either...
Basically Jimmy thought he was done and let him go. By the time we were ready to win it all he would have been gone anyway so at least he got a ring.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
there are some who think Joe was throwing the ball away on that play but no he wanted to make it a jump ball since Clark was much bigger than everson. I think he did overthrow it some because clark barely got to it. there was really nothing everson could have done except tackle him prior to the catch and that means a first and goal at the one.

Montana made sure he threw the ball where only Clark could make a play on it and the 49ers would live to see another play if he couldn’t. In an interview a few years ago Walls said he got fooled. He said when he saw the ball in the air he felt certain it was going to sail over everyone’s head and he relaxed. He said he might have been able to get in a little bit better position to defend the pass had he not hesitated thinking the ball would be uncatchable.

cowboyec

Reaction score
k8c7Fy.jpg
no....he'll best be remembered for being the only rookie to ever lead the league in Ints his 1st yr.....and go on to do it 3x in his career.
He was Ty Law before Ty Law.
Other than Mel Renfro,he is Dallas' greatest in-house CB we ever had.THAT is what he'll be remembered for.