Every Dark cloud has a Silver lining

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The blood the fans want will probably come home as Dak Prescott.
This line from Jerry just might tell the tale of what we can expect and why Jerry kept Mike who is an excellent option to bring Trey Lance along as his experience with great QB is plenty!

Quote) “We will start our process of review and decision-making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.” Unquote)

Let's face it after 8 seasons and 3 in a row of playoff abysmal showing from #4 how does Jerry give Dak a massive extension?
And who here can tell me 100% that Big Mike did not voice his doubts about Prescott to Jerry along the way?
The Elephant in the room hasn't changed for us and we all know who it is.
Add to the fact that the locker room (Hello CD) esp the defense has 0 belief in # 4 to bring them back in any game due to past debacles like the Niner games.
If were not leading we are Losing.
I'm indifferent to Big Mike as only Yes men can coach for Jerry and in that category Big Mike is acceptable.
By June 1st we shall have our answers and may winds of fate take pity on us if # 4 gets an extension as no coach can save our negative dilemma with this player of ours!

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This line from Jerry just might tell the tale of what we can expect and why Jerry kept Mike who is an excellent option to bring Trey Lance along as his experience with great QB is plenty!

Quote) “We will start our process of review and decision-making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.” Unquote)

Let's face it after 8 seasons and 3 in a row of playoff abysmal showing from #4 how does Jerry give Dak a massive extension?
And who here can tell me 100% that Big Mike did not voice his doubts about Prescott to Jerry along the way?
Add to the fact that the locker room (Hello CD) esp the defense has 0 belief in # 4 to bring them back in any game due to past debacles like the Niner games.
I'm indifferent to Big Mike as only Yes men can coach for Jerry and in that category Big Mike is acceptable.
By June 1st we shall have our answers and may winds of fate take pity on us if # 4 gets an extension as no coach can save our negative dilemma with this player of ours!
We have been in Dark clouds for 30 years.

The silver lining is Jerry is 30 years older so few steps closer to inevitability of life's ending

HabsCowboysOwn

Reaction score
It makes too much sense to happen, the old buffoon will stick with his fraudulent QB cause regular season success (against trash teams) and tickets sold is the only things that matters to him. He'll come up with a lame-*** statement in a few weeks explaining how much trust he as in Dak, that he's the man for the job or some other platitude. Hope I'm wrong but I have zero faith left in this clown show front office.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

You're talking yourself into something. This is Jerry we're talking about. McCarthy has one year left on his contract. Jerry isn't conducting a QB experiment with it.

kwcool619

Reaction score
I only see more pain ahead
I looked at the opponents for next season. Besides NFC Least play, let's see: Away games at San Fran, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Carolina, and at home: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, New Orleans, Tampa Bay.

Anyone thinks we'll go undefeated at home again in the regular season?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I totally understand the Dak angst and after Sunday it was warranted.

But the bottom line is, even great quarterback play would not have changed Sunday's result. That's how epically bad the entire team was. Dak gets and deserves his share of the blame.

But until this defense figures out how to stop the run, pressure the QB when it counts, and not let guys run 40 yards downfield uncovered, we can have prime Troy Aikman here with Roger Staubach's mobility and it won't matter.

Sydla

Reaction score

LOL.

He’s getting extended.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I totally understand the Dak angst and after Sunday it was warranted.

But the bottom line is, even great quarterback play would not have changed Sunday's result. That's how epically bad the entire team was. Dak gets and deserves his share of the blame.

But until this defense figures out how to stop the run, pressure the QB when it counts, and not let guys run 40 yards downfield uncovered, we can have prime Troy Aikman here with Roger Staubach's mobility and it won't matter.
Are you joking?
When the score is 14-0 and the QB throws 2 picks (one for a pick 6) to make it 27-0 .............HELLOOOOOOO
How about if Dak scored a TD( instead of a pick) score 14-7 then boom one more score 14-14 is this a different game now?
You get the idea...............

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Ummmm, the elephant's name is Jerry, not Dak.
Staubach could not win with this GM.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Mike is a QB guru so I wouldn't be surprised if Trey makes a huge jump this next season. We'll see in this year's preseason games.

JBS

Reaction score
You're talking yourself into something. This is Jerry we're talking about. McCarthy has one year left on his contract. Jerry isn't conducting a QB experiment with it.
He doesn’t need to. Not extending Dak is good enough. If they extend Dak, it’ll be a franchise altering decision for the foreseeable future

stiletto

Reaction score
The only hope is drastic Defensive improvement. The offense will be like last year but if Quinn leaves and we get some LB'ers the defense might improve to actually hold up against the Shanahan tree a little better. They own Quinn AND Quinn doesn't get the bashing he deserves from average fans because the Announcers always tell everyone how great he is. The defense has been feast or famine and mostly famine against better teams. So, that's really the only hope.