Every Dark cloud has a Silver lining

calicowboy54

Reaction score
The blood the fans want will probably come home as Dak Prescott.
This line from Jerry just might tell the tale of what we can expect and why Jerry kept Mike who is an excellent option to bring Trey Lance along as his experience with great QB is plenty!

Quote) “We will start our process of review and decision-making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.” Unquote)

Let's face it after 8 seasons and 3 in a row of playoff abysmal showing from #4 how does Jerry give Dak a massive extension?
And who here can tell me 100% that Big Mike did not voice his doubts about Prescott to Jerry along the way?
The Elephant in the room hasn't changed for us and we all know who it is.
Add to the fact that the locker room (Hello CD) esp the defense has 0 belief in # 4 to bring them back in any game due to past debacles like the Niner games.
If were not leading we are Losing.
I'm indifferent to Big Mike as only Yes men can coach for Jerry and in that category Big Mike is acceptable.
By June 1st we shall have our answers and may winds of fate take pity on us if # 4 gets an extension as no coach can save our negative dilemma with this player of ours!
man i'm dyslexic, i thought i read Every DAK cloud has a silver lining. i thought this was a bash Dak thread WOW i need to read things slower.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Yeah.... he's coming back

I don't necessarily have to agree with it, but he's coming back

Kingofholland

Reaction score
This line from Jerry just might tell the tale of what we can expect and why Jerry kept Mike who is an excellent option to bring Trey Lance along as his experience with great QB is plenty!

Quote) “We will start our process of review and decision-making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.” Unquote)

Let's face it after 8 seasons and 3 in a row of playoff abysmal showing from #4 how does Jerry give Dak a massive extension?
And who here can tell me 100% that Big Mike did not voice his doubts about Prescott to Jerry along the way?
Add to the fact that the locker room (Hello CD) esp the defense has 0 belief in # 4 to bring them back in any game due to past debacles like the Niner games.
I'm indifferent to Big Mike as only Yes men can coach for Jerry and in that category Big Mike is acceptable.
By June 1st we shall have our answers and may winds of fate take pity on us if # 4 gets an extension as no coach can save our negative dilemma with this player of ours!
I take that quote as he wasn't answering questions or making statements on contract extensions at that moment, not that they're off the table at this point.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Repeat this mantra whenever you hear or read Jerry Jones speak:

"What he is saying may not necessarily be what I want him to say. Or do."

It may help, especially concerning the quarterback position for as long as he is the general manager.

ufcrules1

Reaction score

He will 10000% get an extension. What you are not smart enough to figure out is this is not about winning super bowls, it’s about making money. Tony Romo filled seats and Dak Prescott also fills seats. This is a business first and foremost and Jerry might not know how to hire a GM or quality coach but he damn sure knows how to make money. You better get used to #4 because he is going to be here for a very long time.

We don’t go through 28 years with no success for no reason.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Unfortunately Dak will be extended. With the news of MM staying and JJ thinking they’re almost there. Yep, they will resign him to an extension. IMO he was referring to 88 and potentially 11. Dak’s contract has to get settled first before they do anything. Jerry isn’t a wildcatter anymore he’s terrified of the unknown when it comes to the QB, so Dak and his worts are Jerry’s secret blanket. So enjoy the next 4 years of Dak…. Again… sigh.

nobody

Reaction score

I'll believe it when I see it. Usually when Jerry's made statements about players like that in the past, it's always some jags that didn't make a big difference either way, success or failure. Sacrificial lambs to protect the real culprits. Getting rid of Dak would be admission of a mistake. When have you seen Jerry do that?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll believe it when I see it. Usually when Jerry's made statements about players like that in the past, it's always some jags that didn't make a big difference either way, success or failure. Sacrificial lambs to protect the real culprits. Getting rid of Dak would be admission of a mistake. When have you seen Jerry do that?
Feelings are irrelevant and facts now have the center stage.
His teammates are not sold on Dak and it showed after his 3rd playoff debacle.
The Cap # will never work for him to get an extension and keep a solid team around him.
He is NOT a QB that can succeed with an average team around him as he needs to be carried.
Trey Lance, you're up as the next prospect for QB 1 for America's team!

nobody

Reaction score
Feelings are irrelevant and facts now have the center stage.
His teammates are not sold on Dak and it showed after his 3rd playoff debacle.
The Cap # will never work for him to get an extension and keep a solid team around him.
He is NOT a QB that can succeed with an average team around him as he needs to be carried.
Trey Lance, you're up as the next prospect for QB 1 for America's team!
I want Dak gone too. I just don't think Jerry will do it. It would be admitting a mistake. He even waited for Garrett's contract to run out rather than fire him. Those are the facts. Make no mistake, this is all about Jerry's ego.

The best thing for the Cowboys would be to take the hit and cut Dak after June 1, but it won't happen. Jerry doesn't want a rebuild because he likely thinks he doesn't have the time for a rebuild. So he'll sacrifice the future for the extremely remote chance of playoff success with what he has.

I don't think Trey Lance is the answer either, at least not as he is now. We really should draft a QB in the first no matter what happens with Dak or Lance.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want Dak gone too. I just don't think Jerry will do it. It would be admitting a mistake. He even waited for Garrett's contract to run out rather than fire him. Those are the facts. Make no mistake, this is all about Jerry's ego.

The best thing for the Cowboys would be to take the hit and cut Dak after June 1, but it won't happen. Jerry doesn't want a rebuild because he likely thinks he doesn't have the time for a rebuild. So he'll sacrifice the future for the extremely remote chance of playoff success with what he has.

I don't think Trey Lance is the answer either, at least not as he is now. We really should draft a QB in the first no matter what happens with Dak or Lance.
Agreed when it pertains to Jerry anything goes.
Just betting that after 8 years even that massive ego has to take a step back and face the reality of the situation.
We can only hope................

nobody

Reaction score
Agreed when it pertains to Jerry anything goes.
Just betting that after 8 years even that massive ego has to take a step back and face the reality of the situation.
We can only hope................
In the last 30 years, what exactly has led you to believe Jerry will do anything to damage his ego? Even putting Jimmy in the RoH was a stroke of his own ego. "See how magnanimous I am?" and "See how forgiving?" He did it to keep respect of certain people, not because it was the right thing to do.

He'd have announced hiring a new GM if that massive ego took a step back and actually faced the reality of the situation... Sad thing is, he'd be liked and respected all the more for that than anything else he could do at this point.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the last 30 years, what exactly has led you to believe Jerry will do anything to damage his ego? Even putting Jimmy in the RoH was a stroke of his own ego. "See how magnanimous I am?" and "See how forgiving?" He did it to keep respect of certain people, not because it was the right thing to do.

He'd have announced hiring a new GM if that massive ego took a step back and actually faced the reality of the situation... Sad thing is, he'd be liked and respected all the more for that than anything else he could do at this point.
Dak will cost him $ as fan interest will drop and his image will take a massive nose dive both as GM and Owner.
I highly doubt at 81 years old he wants to be remembered in this light.
His days of being Bitc@ slapped by Todd France and Dak are over.
Will see, only months separate us from the eventual outcome.