Every Dark cloud has a Silver lining

Hadenough

Reaction score
I looked at the opponents for next season. Besides NFC Least play, let's see: Away games at San Fran, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Carolina, and at home: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, New Orleans, Tampa Bay.

Anyone thinks we'll go undefeated at home again in the regular season?
This is beautiful! I see a lot of good physical teams. Be rooting against the Cowboys the whole way.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
We have been in Dark clouds for 30 years.

The silver lining is Jerry is 30 years older so few steps closer to inevitability of life's ending
Yes, the problem is Jerry and his age. If Jerry were younger he could do the right thing, admit this isnt working, make the necessary cuts and start again.

We have to suffer his vain attempts to roll it out again hoping for something new. Nothings changing until Stephen inherits and realizes he needs a GM.

Hadenough

Reaction score
He will 10000% get an extension. What you are not smart enough to figure out is this is not about winning super bowls, it’s about making money. Tony Romo filled seats and Dak Prescott also fills seats. This is a business first and foremost and Jerry might not know how to hire a GM or quality coach but he damn sure knows how to make money. You better get used to #4 because he is going to be here for a very long time.

We don’t go through 28 years with no success for no reason.
I agree that Trash Prescott does get signed because he puts people in the stands. But from this moment on the Dallas Cowboys will not be taken seriously anymore. A lot of people are jumping ship and don't care anymore. I can't wait to hear the NFL network announcers chuckling when talking Cowboys. It's going to be at an all time high. Cowboys are the biggest joke of an NFL team and Prescott is the laughing stock of the NFL.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Resign Prescott without a no release trade clause then trade him.
Yep, Dak never comes across as thick skinned, he must see that public opinion and the dark clouds are converging. With each year of the extension he's going to be further exposed and under pressure to perform especially as his CAP hit (with the deferments) is going to be a minimum 15%.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak Piper Prestrash filling his coffers while the homers follow him..............
tenor-9-1.gif

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I totally understand the Dak angst and after Sunday it was warranted.

But the bottom line is, even great quarterback play would not have changed Sunday's result. That's how epically bad the entire team was. Dak gets and deserves his share of the blame.

But until this defense figures out how to stop the run, pressure the QB when it counts, and not let guys run 40 yards downfield uncovered, we can have prime Troy Aikman here with Roger Staubach's mobility and it won't matter.
:hammer: :hammer::hammer:His critics are ignoring how bad the D was Sunday. Worst than Rams playoff game in 2016. That's not excusing Dak........just a fact.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I want Dak gone too. I just don't think Jerry will do it. It would be admitting a mistake. He even waited for Garrett's contract to run out rather than fire him. Those are the facts. Make no mistake, this is all about Jerry's ego.

The best thing for the Cowboys would be to take the hit and cut Dak after June 1, but it won't happen. Jerry doesn't want a rebuild because he likely thinks he doesn't have the time for a rebuild. So he'll sacrifice the future for the extremely remote chance of playoff success with what he has.

I don't think Trey Lance is the answer either, at least not as he is now. We really should draft a QB in the first no matter what happens with Dak or Lance.
I agree 100% we need to also draft a QB as high as we can.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will 10000% get an extension. What you are not smart enough to figure out is this is not about winning super bowls, it’s about making money. Tony Romo filled seats and Dak Prescott also fills seats. This is a business first and foremost and Jerry might not know how to hire a GM or quality coach but he damn sure knows how to make money. You better get used to #4 because he is going to be here for a very long time.

We don’t go through 28 years with no success for no reason.
But they ain't staying................ :facepalm:

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Yes, the problem is Jerry and his age. If Jerry were younger he could do the right thing, admit this isnt working, make the necessary cuts and start again.

We have to suffer his vain attempts to roll it out again hoping for something new. Nothings changing until Stephen inherits and realizes he needs a GM.
Will Stephen be drunk on the power of the GM strings or will he pass on the responsibilities to someone else? We shall see.

Brax

Reaction score
The blood the fans want will probably come home as Dak Prescott.
This line from Jerry just might tell the tale of what we can expect and why Jerry kept Mike who is an excellent option to bring Trey Lance along as his experience with great QB is plenty!

Quote) “We will start our process of review and decision-making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.” Unquote)

Let's face it after 8 seasons and 3 in a row of playoff abysmal showing from #4 how does Jerry give Dak a massive extension?
And who here can tell me 100% that Big Mike did not voice his doubts about Prescott to Jerry along the way?
The Elephant in the room hasn't changed for us and we all know who it is.
Add to the fact that the locker room (Hello CD) esp the defense has 0 belief in # 4 to bring them back in any game due to past debacles like the Niner games.
If were not leading we are Losing.
I'm indifferent to Big Mike as only Yes men can coach for Jerry and in that category Big Mike is acceptable.
By June 1st we shall have our answers and may winds of fate take pity on us if # 4 gets an extension as no coach can save our negative dilemma with this player of ours!
Actually I believe they have 5 days in the new year to decide or Dak gets a 5 mil roster bonus unfortunately Dak will be extended again Jerry will go to his grave trying to prove he’s right about Dak.. Jerry is happy with regular season wins against the dregs it keeps the talking heads going and gets him lots of media time while the idiots by his merchandise and pay to see the games. Only thing that matters is money to the Jones money is success.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Will Stephen be drunk on the power of the GM strings or will he pass on the responsibilities to someone else? We shall see.
Stephen won't have the gravitas with the media that Jerry has (imo). I don't think the media would give the 'pass' that they give his dad. I don't think 'the king is dead, long live the king' will be accepted.

bark

Reaction score
Dak is getting extended fellas. It’s inevitable.
Only silver lining would be to possibly draft his replacement.
It will take a shut down defense, a wall of an offensive line and a strong running game to drag dak to the promise land.
After his contract, and cee dee’s , and Micah’s., we won’t have the resources to make that happen.

HMJYay

Reaction score
The blood the fans want will probably come home as Dak Prescott.
This line from Jerry just might tell the tale of what we can expect and why Jerry kept Mike who is an excellent option to bring Trey Lance along as his experience with great QB is plenty!

Quote) “We will start our process of review and decision-making regarding everything that impacts our team and roster and, while we’re not going to address specific players and extensions or free agents at this point, it deserves our deepest review and consideration, and it will get it.” Unquote)

Let's face it after 8 seasons and 3 in a row of playoff abysmal showing from #4 how does Jerry give Dak a massive extension?
And who here can tell me 100% that Big Mike did not voice his doubts about Prescott to Jerry along the way?
The Elephant in the room hasn't changed for us and we all know who it is.
Add to the fact that the locker room (Hello CD) esp the defense has 0 belief in # 4 to bring them back in any game due to past debacles like the Niner games.
If were not leading we are Losing.
I'm indifferent to Big Mike as only Yes men can coach for Jerry and in that category Big Mike is acceptable.
By June 1st we shall have our answers and may winds of fate take pity on us if # 4 gets an extension as no coach can save our negative dilemma with this player of ours!
I had some of the same thoughts and then, wait this is Jerry. It would be awesome if you're right. I could see another scenario of them pushing more of the money into voided years when Dak's potentially not on the team and having him play this year with Mike, one last year together to see if they can do it. What I don't think he can sell now is giving Dak another huge contract. Don't see how he does it. But, I agree you with in terms of they should move on from Dak. Part of the reason Jerry hired Mike is because he develops QB's. Well, we know what Dak is, let Mike earn his money and develop a new QB that we don't already know what we have with.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Is this the 28th or 29th year that things are going to change, and people will be held accountable?

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I am going to let you all in on a little secret. Every single sentence that comes out of Jerrys mouth can be translated as follows: I am going to get drunk on my yacht and screw some young girls. You losers just sit tight and buy my MERCH.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak blowing out bad teams is good for Jerry. 90% chance Jerry extends him.