Every good front office should have a clear plan in advance of every season

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Obviously you’re as dumb as our FO if you don’t know.
Its like saying why is having a top 5 pick in the draft such a big deal!!!!
Insults are not necessary. Moderators, please do your job to stop this.
you have violated rule #8 - You will not personally attack or insult other members.

Last edited:

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've been on both ends, breakdown the film, coach em up and move on. I'm not saying games like that don't piss me off, but it doesn't do me any good to keep reliving it.
As we have discussed several times in past years, your personal experience makes you look at things much differently than most others. A perspective thing. Makes full sense.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Waiting for what? If Dak Prescott is still with the Cowboys next season it will be for more money than Jerry Jones wants to pay him. I think Jerry resents paying players based on what other owners have decided his player is worth. There will be significant interest in Dak Prescott after this season is over. Losing a player in demand for almost nothing in return has to be embarrassing for GM Jerry.
I think Jerry has a plan. Keeping the boys relevant in the media means resigning Dak. It will get done don't worry.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Waiting for what? If Dak Prescott is still with the Cowboys next season it will be for more money than Jerry Jones wants to pay him. I think Jerry resents paying players based on what other owners have decided his player is worth. There will be significant interest in Dak Prescott after this season is over. Losing a player in demand for almost nothing in return has to be embarrassing for GM Jerry.
GM Jethro loves his comp picks.

CCBoy

Reaction score
In the NFL, waiting to sign players you know you will eventually sign to a new contract is crazy. Prices for players you want (and other teams would want too) will not go down unless an unforeseen major injury or serious crime occurs. Waiting is expensive. Time is literally money.

Heres my big point: Every good front office should have a plan in advance of every season, knowing exactly which players are in their plans and which ones are not. Jerry is famous for saying he’s “comfortable with ambiguity“, which is great for an entrepreneurial business, but bad for running a pro football team.
Does the Jones front office even know what they want? This idea of “waiting to see what happens” before deciding whether or not to sign guys for the future is bad planning. As the old saying goes, “Those who fail to plan are planning to fail.”

Here‘s some examples of planning and decisions this FO should have made by now:
  • Do you want Cedee Lamb to be a Cowboy in the next 4-5 years? If the answer is yes, sign him now. If not trade him. We know exactly what his market value is. He will get either exactly what Jefferson got or more. NOT LESS. It’s not complicated. Stephen Jones will not win some negotiation war in this. Period. Want Lamb or not?
  • Is Dak in this team’s future plans or not? If not trade him. (Yes I know the no trade clause is there but if Dak knows he’s not in their future he WILL accept a trade and make a ton of money elsewhere) This team has 8 years of evidence of what Dak is and isn’t. Make a freaking decision. If he is in the team’s plans, extending him actually gives them cap maneuverability. If he’s not in their plans, move on and start planning for the next franchise QB. Truth is they don’t know how to do this.
  • You want Parsons in the future? He would be a lot cheaper to extend now than in a year or two.
What the Jones boys are doing this off-season is just stupid. You either have a clear plan or not. If these guys knew what they were doing, we would have had a very different off-season.
Injury and team roster strengths always will haunt those projections and stronger with time.

Last edited:

CCBoy

Reaction score
As we have discussed several times in past years, your personal experience makes you look at things much differently than most others. A perspective thing. Makes full sense.
Function is still dependent upon leadership and sport dominated principals and not upon heroes as deciding for both improvement or success.