Every good front office should have a clear plan in advance of every season

IrishAnto

Reaction score
If that's the case, then over half the teams in the league are incompetent. At least we get to the playoffs and have a chance. But, the perfect fans want the perfect team.
Since we last went to the NFC Conference Championship, 14 of 16 teams have played in it.
I think you’ll find that’s a good greater than half!
So I’d like us to be in the 87.5%.
You????

MyFairLady

Reaction score
At least we get to the playoffs and have a chance. But, the perfect fans want the perfect team.
I wish I could simply forget the Green Bay game like you. Unless you watched that game and thought to yourself dang that was the end of a pretty darn good season can't wait to do it again next year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If that's the case, then over half the teams in the league are incompetent. At least we get to the playoffs and have a chance. But, the perfect fans want the perfect team.
Part of the problem was we literally had the perfect team in the 90's. That team is never going to be rebuilt again. Especially with this front office.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I hope you realize only 2 teams get to the conference championship each season. According to you if you don't get there that's a surefire sign of incompetence. I guess 95% of the league is incompetent... according to you. :muttley:

How did they acquire Stephon Gilmore and Brandin Cooks last year if they didn't use free agency? Was that just a one-year thing? No, Eric Kendricks was acquitted through free agency this year. Contrary to what you say, they do it every year. Your points are way too easy to knock down. :laugh:
Tell me how long it has been since we acquired a free agent in the first couple of days of free agency?
As for 2 teams in the Conference Championship, well we’ve had 28 chances to get there, so that’s a lot more than 2 chances.
And see my post in this thread to another homer about the percentage of NFC teams that have been to the Conference Championship since we last were there, which will prove you plucked the 95% out of your a**.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wish I could simply forget the Green Bay game like you. Unless you watched that game and thought to yourself dang that was the end of a pretty darn good season can't wait to do it again next year.
I've been on both ends, breakdown the film, coach em up and move on. I'm not saying games like that don't piss me off, but it doesn't do me any good to keep reliving it.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Part of the problem was we literally had the perfect team in the 90's. That team is never going to be rebuilt again. Especially with this front office.
Dang, the 90's? Let it go. If 3 SBs don't make you happy, nothing will.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Oooof not sure if I want to get into this cause I am pretty sure it will not matter but here it goes. There are 16 teams in the NFC so if 2 teams make it every year that is 1 in every 8. That would mean 87.5% of teams fail each year.

Failure at that rate for 30 straight years is less than a 2% chance. I guess we have been just unlucky right? Nothing systematic that could be holding us back?
So who are you blaming if your scorecard is for 30 years? 30 years, which includes a Super Bowl victory in 1995.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Tell me how long it has been since we acquired a free agent in the first couple of days of free agency?
As for 2 teams in the Conference Championship, well we’ve had 28 chances to get there, so that’s a lot more than 2 chances.
And see my post in this thread to another homer about the percentage of NFC teams that have been to the Conference Championship since we last were there, which will prove you plucked the 95% out of your a**.
Since when is acquiring a free agent in the first couple of days of free agency a big deal? Oh, I see, you plucked that out of your a**. :muttley:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Since we last went to the NFC Conference Championship, 14 of 16 teams have played in it.
I think you’ll find that’s a good greater than half!
So I’d like us to be in the 87.5%.
You????
There are only around 12 (out of over 124) teams in all of the big four professional sports teams leagues that haven't been to a playoff conference finals/championship in the 21st century.

There are very few teams that are as incompetent as the Cowboys in the 21st Century under the "management" of Jerry Jones.

The Cowboys are bottom feeders in the playoffs.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
Since when is acquiring a free agent in the first couple of days of free agency a big deal? Oh, I see, you plucked that out of your a**. :muttley:
Obviously you’re as dumb as our FO if you don’t know.
Its like saying why is having a top 5 pick in the draft such a big deal!!!!