Every play of Dak against GB

RoboQB

Reaction score
At first glance, watching 2 minutes of video, my observation is that the whole WRs "not getting separation hoax" is debunked (again).

My opinion is that Dak locks on to his first read and is often late in deciding to throw the ball. One would think anybody with average vision or correctable lenses shouldn’t have trouble seeing this as a fact.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
At first glance, watching 2 minutes of video, my observation is that the whole WRs "not getting separation hoax" is debunked (again).

My opinion is that Dak locks on to his first read and is often late in deciding to throw the ball. One would think anybody with average vision or correctable lenses shouldn’t have trouble seeing this as a fact.
I had someone tell me I was an idiot for saying Dak can't process the check-down fast enough. I am an idiot, but that isn't why.

khiladi

Reaction score

Even the “second read” passes look to just be first reads, the first read just to draw the safety that way. Remember, he should have had a third pick at around 2:46, but the LB dropped it. It was the same type of throw.

bigE79

Reaction score

1:58 is the birds eye-view of the pick 6.

Mr. Early First Read QB…

Preschoke doing what he does in big games is nothing new...so glad this is his last year hopefully...this is going to be a long **** season and a total rebuild in 25 and personality id get a head start and make Lance the starter and have a whole year to evaluate regardless of preschoke being paid.

khiladi

Reaction score
Preschoke doing what he does in big games is nothing new...so glad this is his last year hopefully...this is going to be a long **** season and a total rebuild in 25 and personality id get a head start and make Lance the starter and have a whole year to evaluate regardless of preschoke being paid.
You have to be good to choke….

Remember, this was an offense tailored to him even more last off-season. It was done go simplify things for him. OC are limited by his guy.

They also had to change things up during the bye, so they probably caught the teams they played after the 49ers off-guard. But they weren’t surprising anybody by the end of the season.

5 picks in his last 5 games..

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Quick observations....

Dak was unsure what he was seeing early...lots of indecision...half pumps

Our playbook is a joke....slots run out patterns way too much....not much variety

Guys on the outside run either complimentary dig patterns or fades...or deep crosses.

I'm surprised more teams just don't sit in a cover 3....and have their CBs jump routes...because our dope sure wouldn't see it coming....and would throw right into it.

Alot of the route concepts....use 2 men...and the others are just decoys. Which aren't fooling anyone with a NFL pedigree.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

how is it debunked? I didn't see a lot of separation. including on the interception.

khiladi

Reaction score
Quick observations....

Our playbook is a joke....slots run out patterns way too much....not much variety

Guys on the outside run either complimentary dig patterns or fades...or deep crosses.

I'm surprised more teams just don't sit in a cover 3....and have their CBs jump routes...because our dope sure wouldn't see it coming....and would throw right into it.

Alot of the route concepts....use 2 men...and the others are just decoys. Which aren't fooling anyone with a NFL pedigree.
Dummy offense for Brainiac at QB…

Remember when they blamed the hitches on Kellen Moore..

khiladi

Reaction score
Quick observations....

Last point gets to the “if the two reads aren’t there” bail pocket and make something happen offense that Chris Collinsworth pointed out. Another name for it “dumbed down”…

ZekeTrain

Reaction score

1:58 is the birds eye-view of the pick 6.

Mr. Early First Read QB…

On almost all of those plays he never scans the whole field. He looks at the first or second read only. After 8 years, he is what he is, a top 10-20ish QB without an elite arm, limited running ability since the ankle, and a 2 read guy. Unless they surround him with a team like the 2000 Ravens (elite D and elite running game) they are going to continue to flame out in the post season. He has proven he cannot carry an offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
On almost all of those plays he never scans the whole field. He looks at the first or second read only. After 8 years, he is what he is, a top 10-20ish QB without an elite arm, limited running ability since the ankle, and a 2 read guy. Unless they surround him with a team like the 2000 Ravens (elite D and elite running game) they are going to continue to flame out in the post season. He has proven he cannot carry an offense.
Yep…. Even the second reads are “first reads”, where he’s just trying to look off the safety. He just “runs the offense”….

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I had someone tell me I was an idiot for saying Dak can't process the check-down fast enough. I am an idiot, but that isn't why.

The main issue is that Dak doesn’t preform like this when there isn’t pressure. So there’s plenty of tape of him tearing up the Panthers or Giants or some other mediocre team that people can point to and say “see! Look at how great he is here!”

He is a completely different QB against good teams and in the playoffs. His decision making crumbles.

morasp

Reaction score

Dak reminds me of Andy Dalton.​

2019 season: Final year in Cincinnati[edit]​

During Week 1 against the Seahawks, Dalton threw for a career-high 418 yards and two touchdowns in the 20–21 loss.[131] Following an 0–8 start to the season, Bengals head coach Zac Taylor announced that he would bench Dalton and start rookie Ryan Finley.[132] After three games and losses with Finley, Dalton was renamed the starting quarterback on November 25, 2019, for their upcoming game against the Jets.[133] In the game, he threw for 243 yards and a touchdown as the Bengals won their first game of the season by a score of 22–6.[134] In Week 15 against the Patriots, Dalton threw for 151 yards, a touchdown, and four interceptions during the 34–13 loss. This was Dalton's fourth career game with four interceptions.[135] During a Week 16 road matchup against the Dolphins, he threw for 396 yards and four touchdowns. Dalton scored 16 points in the final 29 seconds of regulation to force an overtime that the Bengals ultimately lost 38–35 to clinch the NFL's worst record.[136] In the regular-season finale against the Browns, Dalton threw for 190 yards, a touchdown, and an interception. In addition, he had eight carries for 10 yards and a touchdown during the 33–23 win. After the game, Dalton said that if it was his last game as a Bengal, "It was good to end it taking a knee."[137] Dalton appeared in 13 games in the 2019 season and recorded 3,494 passing yards, 16 touchdowns, and 14 interceptions.[138]

On April 30, 2020, after nine seasons with the franchise, the Bengals released Dalton after selecting Joe Burrow as the first overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft.[139]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Dalton

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many on here can truly read a defense from the QBs point of view. And not replays from above.
Do you know the playbook and what was supposed to happen. Did everyone run the correct routes.

How many are seeing what they want to see based on their opinions of Dak. Pro and Con.
As we know soon there will be posts in his defense.

I am not defending Dak, just offering a different opinion.
I prefer to actually move on. I can be excited over getting a new young QB with potential.