Video: Every Quincy Carter TD pass

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
no offense but dead wrong,

Quincy would throw up a duck, his mechanics sucked and he often threw too hard, but he knew the spot, even Aikman admitted Q graded out on tape better than he ever did on tape.
I was a Quincy supporter but the guy literally couldn’t throw. He could not throw a spiral coming into this league to save his life. He was a projected 4th or 5th rounder we took in the 2nd round.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is an NFL QB? Like I said...he couldn't hit water from a boat w/ a football...yeah he's that bad. I seriously wonder if he needs glasses?

He can't see....misses people wide open down field...not just by over throwing....he completely doesn't see guys running wide open.

But here...chew on this. How does an NFL QB miss a bullseye from 10 feet? Should never happen...

And with all of that.....he’s still a top 12 qb at least in a league full of quarterbacks taken much higher than he was.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
To be honest, when he was drafted I defended him like it was my own child. I spent time on Extremeskins.com arguing with Art that Quincy would have a better career than Michael Vick. Now consider this may have been self medicating bravado and nothing akin to actually thinking about the two players and making an educated comparison.

But something happened during a season when Dallas played Arizona. The game that caused Quincy to be benched and Chad inserted.

Dale, who is a legend on this site, and now a sports journalists. At least he was last time i asked him. He was an intern with the Dallas Cowboys working with Eatman and Spags.

Evidently Quincy struggled with the new aspects of the route tree added by Bruce Coslet. It had to do with reading the defender and which branch to choose to get open. Quincy struggled with this because he either didn't completely understand it, or was high on chronic, or just not clever enough to grasp the finer details of this new addition.

He asked the receivers to run the routes as before and ignore this new read/react. They did so and Coslet came unhinged. He screamed at the QB and receivers. Quincy said nothing in the defense of the receivers and allowed them to take the brunt of the blame.

After practice Joey Galloway confronted Quincy with Emmitt. Not certain why Emmitt was there, but maybe as a respected leader to offer his thoughts.

Arizona came up as the next game. Quincy again went to the receivers and asked them to run the old routes and not the new reads. They ignored him and he threw four picks. He was benched and had a very public screaming match with Jerry on the sidelines.

He never started again.

It was when Dale told me the story, and asked me not to reveal where I got it that I jumped off the Quincy bandwagon.
Your story doesn’t add up. He started again soon as Parcels came.

rags747

Reaction score
Much more velocity on the ball than Dak, but then Dak has shown much much more Brain velocity.

kskboys

Reaction score
no offense but dead wrong,

Quincy would throw up a duck, his mechanics sucked and he often threw too hard, but he knew the spot, even Aikman admitted Q graded out on tape better than he ever did on tape.
No offense, but you're dead wrong!!!!!!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I was a Quincy supporter but the guy literally couldn’t throw. He could not throw a spiral coming into this league to save his life. He was a projected 4th or 5th rounder we took in the 2nd round.

It’s incredible how much work he put in to fix these issues. I can remember how bad he looked that first game of his career. Q had a lot of talent and was a bright guy, he just had his demons he couldn’t shake. I always thought he was going to blow up that season he got released.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It’s incredible how much work he put in to fix these issues. I can remember how bad he looked that first game of his career. Q had a lot of talent and was a bright guy, he just had his demons he couldn’t shake. I always thought he was going to blow up that season he got released.
He did man. I really rooted or him. Hope he's doing well now. He was far too raw to be coming to the organization he came too. Then factor in his OC didn't like him and sabotaged him.......those were some dark times as a Cowboy fan but it was a decent little ride when Parcells came here and made QC the quarterback. That was a fun season.

kskboys

Reaction score
are you saying QC didn't throw ducks?

no QB starts in the NFL without serious brains and or serous mechanics (coordination)
Quincy's play was littered w/ mental mistakes, forcing and overthrowing passes, and losing composure.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I am one of the few that have to say I enjoyed watching Carter play QB at times. He could be very exciting and some of those throws were throws that not a lot of QB's could make. He also got bailed out by some serious circus catches. That receiving corps with Galloway, Glenn and Bryant could have been amazing with a better QB.
Or a better OLine.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
They were trying to find the next Donovan since the eagles with at their height of running the NFC East

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This is an NFL QB? Like I said...he couldn't hit water from a boat w/ a football...yeah he's that bad. I seriously wonder if he needs glasses?

He can't see....misses people wide open down field...not just by over throwing....he completely doesn't see guys running wide open.

But here...chew on this. How does an NFL QB miss a bullseye from 10 feet? Should never happen...

It's sad the depths you'll go to illustrate your hatred. All that matters in actual NFL regulation games, not circus fun.