Video: Every Quincy Carter TD pass

speedkilz88

Reaction score
At first I was ok with them taking Quincy but maybe a bit too high. As I remembered him playing very well and beating Ohio State in a bowl game.
So I had no real issue with it. But then later wish they would not have. But he really don’t have a team around him either.

I still think if for him not having a looming suspension ahead of him for a failed drug test, He would have still made the team and Tony Romo was on the bubble as a 4th QB. As he was a FA and an unknown from a small school.
I wanted them to trade up to the late 1st for that weak armed qb Drew Brees. Still don't understand why they didn't show interest.

Number1

Reaction score
Quincy made much worse decisions on the field.

no offense but dead wrong,

Quincy would throw up a duck, his mechanics sucked and he often threw too hard, but he knew the spot, even Aikman admitted Q graded out on tape better than he ever did on tape.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
no offense but dead wrong,

Quincy would throw up a duck, his mechanics sucked and he often threw too hard, but he knew the spot, even Aikman admitted Q graded out on tape better than he ever did on tape.
All 3 years with Cowboys: Quincy threw under 58%, under 6.7 per attempt, and more interceptions than tds.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What is the Name of the shortest video ever! Love Jeopardy.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
I've been trying so damn hard to forget about the QC years. I didn't need the reminder of these rare moments good things happened for the Cowboys during this era. It was not the norm.

The fact that he was at the helm for our first playoff birth in years, hes alright with me....And the play from him to Antonio Bryant against the Jags I believe....Fond Memories.

Clarkson

Wonderboyromo
Reaction score
i was 10 when Carter was drafted...I remember so. badly. wanting the Cowboys to get Drew Brees that year. instead...well...

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
To be honest, when he was drafted I defended him like it was my own child. I spent time on Extremeskins.com arguing with Art that Quincy would have a better career than Michael Vick. Now consider this may have been self medicating bravado and nothing akin to actually thinking about the two players and making an educated comparison.

But something happened during a season when Dallas played Arizona. The game that caused Quincy to be benched and Chad inserted.

Dale, who is a legend on this site, and now a sports journalists. At least he was last time i asked him. He was an intern with the Dallas Cowboys working with Eatman and Spags.

Evidently Quincy struggled with the new aspects of the route tree added by Bruce Coslet. It had to do with reading the defender and which branch to choose to get open. Quincy struggled with this because he either didn't completely understand it, or was high on chronic, or just not clever enough to grasp the finer details of this new addition.

He asked the receivers to run the routes as before and ignore this new read/react. They did so and Coslet came unhinged. He screamed at the QB and receivers. Quincy said nothing in the defense of the receivers and allowed them to take the brunt of the blame.

After practice Joey Galloway confronted Quincy with Emmitt. Not certain why Emmitt was there, but maybe as a respected leader to offer his thoughts.

Arizona came up as the next game. Quincy again went to the receivers and asked them to run the old routes and not the new reads. They ignored him and he threw four picks. He was benched and had a very public screaming match with Jerry on the sidelines.

He never started again.

It was when Dale told me the story, and asked me not to reveal where I got it that I jumped off the Quincy bandwagon.
He never started again? You mean until the next season when Bill took over?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Quincy made much worse decisions on the field. He was less accurate. And his and Dak's athleticism were comparable.

Where in the world do you get the decisions and accuracy stuff from? I mean, it's so blatantly wrong, I wonder if you're not just being facetious.

This is an NFL QB? Like I said...he couldn't hit water from a boat w/ a football...yeah he's that bad. I seriously wonder if he needs glasses?

He can't see....misses people wide open down field...not just by over throwing....he completely doesn't see guys running wide open.

But here...chew on this. How does an NFL QB miss a bullseye from 10 feet? Should never happen...

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Isn't it crazy how far we have come in terms of TV resolution? I don't remember the early 2000s being that bad but man.....................lol