Twitter: Everyone is laughing at us

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't see anyone here that fits your description of someone who spews hatred towards the team they love.

I see people who have strong opinions on certain topics who get labeled and then treated as a hater. It's only natural to respond in kind. Not necessarily right, but it's human nature.

When I first saw what is now my all time favorite bike I hated it. Hated the color, hated the pipes, hated the bars, hated all the chrome doodads the previous owner had added. I liked the general style though and saw potential. One by one I identified and resolved everything I hated about it, turning in to my baby. The previous owner saw it one day and he hated it.
So you think Pappy is actually a Cowboy fan?

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
So you think Pappy is actually a Cowboy fan?
I believe he is. I don't see him spewing hatred towards every aspect of the team.

Here's the thing though. I don't really care one way or the other. If someone does come in here with the intention of hating everything Cowboys... so what? Their opinion wouldn't matter to me.

If someone did come in here who really did hate the Cowboys and regularly posted provocative statements to get a reaction, the responsibility for the resulting fireworks, that some seem too hate, falls just as much on the responders as it does the the troublemaker.

How many here fit your description of a true hater?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I believe he is. I don't see him spewing hatred towards every aspect of the team.

Here's the thing though. I don't really care one way or the other. If someone does come in here with the intention of hating everything Cowboys... so what? Their opinion wouldn't matter to me.

If someone did come in here who really did hate the Cowboys and regularly posted provocative statements to get a reaction, the responsibility for the resulting fireworks, that some seem too hate, falls just as much on the responders as it does the the troublemaker.

Yeah I’m not entertaining this if you can’t be honest about Pappy we can’t have a honest conversation about this. It’s cool we’ll just my agree to disagree.

TheCritic

Reaction score
you cant make people see reason

12-5 back to back years...advanced in the playoffs...have a STUD roster but all our fans say is we suck and make stupid narratives and agendas
The world is full of people who see only in black and white. While there's no doubt in my mind that the 2023 Cowboys is better than last year, I also see the Eagles and 49ers getting better as well. The schedule looks grueling. But you never know. The Cowboys just might stay healthier than the other teams, catch a couple of early season breaks and gain momentum going into the playoffs. I'm excited for the season without falling into the superbowl or bust trap.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not entertaining this if you can’t be honest about Pappy we can’t have a honest conversation about this. It’s cool we’ll just my agree to disagree.
Because I disagree, I am not being honest?

Very interesting choice on both when to bail, and why.

Good luck on your mission.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because I disagree, I am not being honest?

Very interesting choice on both when to bail, and why.

Good luck on your mission.
It’s not because you don’t disagree. It’s because you just either chose not to see it or not paying attention. Everyone on this site knows Pappy trolls. He even knows it and doesn’t hide it.

Bagman

Reaction score
Maybe I am moving the goal posts, but I just have trouble laughing at a team that has at least made it to the Super Bowl twice since then and actually within the last 10 years when we haven't come close to sniffing one since the mid-1990s. Super Bowls are hard to win, just getting there is an accomplishment I would have liked to see from my team in the past almost 30 years.

Like I said, there are others worth laughing at that have accomplished less than our team has in that time period. And it's always fun to laugh at Washington. I'd like to be able to throw Philly and New York in there as well, but alas, I cannot. We can't even use the empty trophy case emoji when talking about the Eagles anymore.
Fair enough. I agree with you. I'm just sensitive about my teams 10,000 game streak. Lol

J12B

Reaction score
They hate us cause they ain’t us. Americas Team lives rent free in many peoples heaheads
You're exactly right and got the point of this thread.

Cowboy fans are truly the most insecure fan base in the world.

It's funny to me because people actually keep track of stuff like this. That's when you know you're number 1.

Let them laugh and hate all they want.

A lion doesn't concern itself with the opinion of sheep.

Cowboy fan forever.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You're moving the goal posts. The original statement was.... hasn't WON A SUPER BOWL in 10,000 days. Not appeared in one or a conference championship game. Simply...WON A SUPER BOWL. Its been 10,365 days for the 49ers since their last win. Maybe Twitter can suck on that.
Facts.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
They aren't jealous anymore. I remember when fans of other teams were jealous of us. Lot of Eagle fans down here where I live. When I tell them I'm a Cowboy fan they do laugh at me. Some actually pity me. That's how far we have fallen.
Who cares what philly fans think.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
They arent laughing, they are getting clicks.

Notice how nobody makes a meme making fun of these teams NEVER winning a Super Bowl? Thats because most people are indifferent about those teams and thus they dont get clicks.

Below are the 12 NFL teams without a Super Bowl win:
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Detroit Lions
  • Houston Texans
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

kskboys

Reaction score

Very well said.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I also never understood why the term “homer” is meant negative. People would rather be known as negative or pessimistic than a homer. Crazy times….

If you get enjoyment from laughing at your team why even be a fan?

Well, I think it's possible to be positive about the team, but also know how to take the piss when it comes to your team. It's important to be able to laugh but also be supportive of the team. You know what I mean? I love this franchise, but I also don't mind poking fun at areas that need laughing at. Life's too short not to laugh, and this is entertainment.

rambo2

Reaction score
They arent laughing, they are getting clicks.

Notice how nobody makes a meme making fun of these teams NEVER winning a Super Bowl? Thats because most people are indifferent about those teams and thus they dont get clicks.

Below are the 12 NFL teams without a Super Bowl win:
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Detroit Lions
  • Houston Texans
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
Millions and millions of fans out there with 0 Super Bowl wins. Millions of deceased fans with 0 Super Bowl wins as well. Then you have the Jets fans who snuck in there in Super Bowl Iii. That is a team that hasn't sniffed a Super Bowl since 1969. Just imagine being a little kid Jet fan in 1969 and living through their absolute crap.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Let me share a little story with y'all. I was once forced to live in a small town just south of the Canadian border. Yes I'm embarrassed to bring it up. But with a set of binoculars I could watch bored Canadian Mounties sit around throwing horse pies at each other and zap each other with their cattle prods. Watching Cowboys fans bicker at each other over nothing reminds me of that.
Great analogy, especially the part about "throwing horse pies".

Last edited: