Everyone, it is Time to come to Terms with it. This is the Plan

Brax

Reaction score
That's what they are doing and it makes no sense to me. Why would you pay Dak more by waiting then by doing it now?
It’s a results based business and so far Dak hasn’t produced results that matter. It’s put up or shut up time for both Dak and MM, they both talk the talk now it’s time to back it up. Based on history This doesn’t mean a thing because Jerry could decide to sign both regardless because Jerry likes his guys and doesn’t care what anyone else thinks. As for dollars what’s 5 million or so added to him, plus if you’re Dak why would you sign without seeing his value on the open market and the only way he should consider a extension is if the offer is to great to pass up especially when winning anything of consequence doesn’t matter for the last 8 seasons. If it’s a show me or hit the road for both and this is the plan in Jerry’s mind then I applaud him but listening to Jerry’s mumbling I’m not too sure

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We're going to do all this and sign Ceedee and Micah to record deals??? We'll be back in cap hell in no time soon
You only end up in cap hell if the players you sign don't perform and/or you have deferred all of their salary to later seasons. That is exactly what is happening now. When it all comes do at once, it gets ugly.

Ceedee and Micah are both true top-5 players at their positions and will be well worth what they are paid. They will not prevent the two year rebuild on the fly we're watching unfold.

Last edited:

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I Think if Dak budged he would honestly. If Dak accepted a 40 million dollar deal or something crazy as that he'd jump on it just so he can say he got a "deal".
There is no doubt Jerry is more interested in getting a good deal. And who should be surprised by this...he is a BUSINESSMAN.

Listen to them talk about the top 5 skillets of Trey Lance for a 4th round pick. Or what they re-signed Gallup for versus what Amari would have cost. Or the discount they got extending Jaylon Smith as opposed for the amount of money Zeke was holding out for. Heck go back to when emmit was holding out and Jerry diminishing his value to the team simply because he didn't want to pay it.

There is a reason the VALUE of this franchise has gone without winning anything...he knows how to make/save money...he does not know how to win ON the field. And we the fans let him get away with it!

plymkr

Reaction score
Yep, if we're of the opinion that we aren't competing in 2024 and the evidence (eg GB game exposing holes, lack of FA improvement, 1st place difficult schedule and improved other teams eg Eagles secondary/running game)......then it's wise to focus on 2025.
Why pay Dak $29m in a lost cause, when clearing his CAP (by Pre-June) (I think) puts us in a better position in 2025.
I agree

Brax

Reaction score
That is a very hard pill for me to swallow.
Should not be hard, Dak holds the cards with the no trade clause, don’t forget they will get a comp pick. The only way to move Dak would be to bench him and tell him he’s not in the future plans. Jerry isn’t doing that because he has hope Dak may get them to a SB.

blueblood70

Reaction score
There is no doubt Jerry is more interested in getting a good deal. And who should be surprised by this...he is a BUSINESSMAN.

Listen to them talk about the top 5 skillets of Trey Lance for a 4th round pick. Or what they re-signed Gallup for versus what Amari would have cost. Or the discount they got extending Jaylon Smith as opposed for the amount of money Zeke was holding out for. Heck go back to when emmit was holding out and Jerry diminishing his value to the team simply because he didn't want to pay it.

There is a reason the VALUE of this franchise has gone without winning anything...he knows how to make/save money...he does not know how to win ON the field. And we the fans let him get away with it!
First of all 40 million would be lowballing ridiculous and we shouldn't be using it number now Jerry could get him for 50 I think he would also sign him for 50 everyone keeps blabbing about 60 nobody has requested 60 people are just assuming what the market might be and what the first number might be thrown out but in negotiations that's always how you start you try to meet in the middle..

I mean Prescott probably is in the $50 million range you got guys from 42 to 55 right now and the guy at 42 is Daniel Jones , what did cousins just get? therefore Prescott is already beyond jones slightly ahead of cousins and not quite where Patrick mahomes are Burroughs might be although Burrows hadn't done much but lose the Super bowl and missed two full seasons but I think $50 million would be a nice compromise and I don't think that's ridiculous for a quarterback that's never had a losing season he's like ninth all time and touchdown in interception ratio in the league that's the NFL not the Dallas Cowboys his not his second team all pro and 2nd MVP voting says he had one of his best seasons last year so the guy is just completed one of his best seasons he's gonna get market money was I should think would be in the top five...

It's up to Prescott and the jones family on where to meet what is the middle.. But like if you just talk about if they got a deal if everyone been throwing out sixty I think if they got him to sign for 50 million I think he would see that as a deal that is kind of a discount. Now as a fan I would hope maybe they can give him 48 that'd be a true hometown discount..

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
First of all 40 million would be lowballing ridiculous and we shouldn't be using it number now Jerry could get him for 50 I think he would also sign him for 50 everyone keeps blabbing about 60 nobody has requested 60 people are just assuming what the market might be and what the first number might be thrown out but in negotiations that's always how you start you try to meet in the middle..

I mean Prescott probably is in the $50 million range you got guys from 42 to 55 right now and the guy at 42 is Daniel Jones , what did cousins just get? therefore Prescott is already beyond jones slightly ahead of cousins and not quite where Patrick mahomes are Burroughs might be although Burrows hadn't done much but lose the Super bowl and missed two full seasons but I think $50 million would be a nice compromise and I don't think that's ridiculous for a quarterback that's never had a losing season he's like ninth all time and touchdown in interception ratio in the league that's the NFL not the Dallas Cowboys his not his second team all pro and 2nd MVP voting says he had one of his best seasons last year so the guy is just completed one of his best seasons he's gonna get market money was I should think would be in the top five...

It's up to Prescott and the jones family on where to meet what is the middle.. But like if you just talk about if they got a deal if everyone been throwing out sixty I think if they got him to sign for 50 million I think he would see that as a deal that is kind of a discount. Now as a fan I would hope maybe they can give him 48 that'd be a true hometown discount..
I don't care if they cut or keep him. I don't care if they pay him 50 or 60 million. The market is what it is...and either Dallas will pay market value or somebody else will.

I care about the team being run like a professional FOOTBALL operation. This is not one of his many businesses. The market determines what a player is worth...and either you want to pay or you don't. Fans don't get to ask Jerry to discount season ticket prices, cost for beer, hot dogs, jerseys, parking because he's already rich. Jerry feels as if he can demand the prices he demands because he thinks that is what those things are worth and either you pay them or someone else will.

There are plenty of teams that build Super Bowl contenders and still find the money to pay their QB, stars, best players etc..with the same salary cap rules Jerry has to abide by. So either figure out how to earn that 10 Billion your franchise is worthy by fielding a Super Bowl contender or sell the team!

Havic

Reaction score
Get Dak to waive his no trade clause and send him to the Raiders. Raiders need a QB, especially after this draft.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Cowboys must have the worst cap management in the league. Teams far better than us are giving their star players extensions and still adding talent in FA and the draft.

We are being relegated to shopping in the cellar of the bargain basement store.
Why Dallas Cowboys are BIGGEST LOSERS of 2024 NFL Draft

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Get Dak to waive his no trade clause and send him to the Raiders. Raiders need a QB, especially after this draft.
How do the Cowboys “Get Dak to waive his no trade clause”? And if the Raiders were not willing to part with draft capital to move up and acquire any the quarterbacks recently drafted, a quarterback whose compensation is controlled for four to five years, what would you expect them to trade for a $50+ million qb whose team doesn’t think he’s worth keeping? Obviously the Raiders don’t think they needed to spend draft capital on a quarterback. Because they didn’t. And they didn’t go after Cousins. And they cut loose Carr. Both those guys are cheaper than Prescott. The Raiders apparently have a plan and like the Cowboys no one knows what it is. I suspect neither team has Dak in their future.

Havic

Reaction score
How do the Cowboys “Get Dak to waive his no trade clause”? And if the Raiders were not willing to part with draft capital to move up and acquire any the quarterbacks recently drafted, a quarterback whose compensation is controlled for four to five years, what would you expect them to trade for a $50+ million qb whose team doesn’t think he’s worth keeping? Obviously the Raiders don’t think they needed to spend draft capital on a quarterback. Because they didn’t. And they didn’t go after Cousins. And they cut loose Carr. Both those guys are cheaper than Prescott. The Raiders apparently have a plan and like the Cowboys no one knows what it is. I suspect neither team has Dak in their future.
Even if the Raiders offered us draft capital and made the trade as smooth as possible, Jerry is standing in the way.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Even if the Raiders offered us draft capital and made the trade as smooth as possible, Jerry is standing in the way.
I thinks it's Dak that would be standing in the way, if he stays with us (and doesnt get cut), he gets paid $29m.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't care if they cut or keep him. I don't care if they pay him 50 or 60 million. The market is what it is...and either Dallas will pay market value or somebody else will.

I care about the team being run like a professional FOOTBALL operation. This is not one of his many businesses. The market determines what a player is worth...and either you want to pay or you don't. Fans don't get to ask Jerry to discount season ticket prices, cost for beer, hot dogs, jerseys, parking because he's already rich. Jerry feels as if he can demand the prices he demands because he thinks that is what those things are worth and either you pay them or someone else will.

There are plenty of teams that build Super Bowl contenders and still find the money to pay their QB, stars, best players etc..with the same salary cap rules Jerry has to abide by. So either figure out how to earn that 10 Billion your franchise is worthy by fielding a Super Bowl contender or sell the team!
Yeah you act like they didn't overpay both Troy Tony and already Prescott with one contract you act like they don't pay their players get real pro dude some of this stuff is garbage running down your mouth just because you don't like Jerry and you put it in the title and that's why you talk every day you act like he's not gonna pay them at some point teams let their stars go all teams have left big time quarterbacks go as well Brett farve eventually had to go Russell Wilson deshaun Watson these are just the name a few players leave they can't always be here forever and at some point it has to be a business decision when you have a salary cap market in new market you act like this team isn't run well seriously they're top six team that gets all the prime time games from the league because they're relative the Cowboys are still winning whether you like it or not we've won 36 games two division titles I've been to the playoffs three straight years been to the playoffs 5 in the last eight years sometimes you act like this organization has been running into the ground like we're a bottom ten team in the league which is completely backwards from the way it actually is...

So yes we would like more in the playoffs yes we would like to have a more exciting offseason and preseason for you some of you fans that actually need cuddling you need to be hugged you need to be reassured you really need therapy but I get the playoff drought it's frustrating people but stop using terms like this is some garbage ran they don't care when they have proof that they actually can build a team that makes the playoffs and beats Howie Roseman Eagles I mean everyone drools over Howie Roseman who now there's rumor out so he just uses the mock drafts to pick his players which is fine but he still lost to the Dallas Cowboys 2 out of the last three years for the division...

It's gonna make sure you understand that I'm not on board with all the pitchfork torches and the hate for Jerry Jones I don't like him or hate him I don't care I'm indifferent I really don't care who owns the team there are far worse organizations in this league because apparently they can't even knock Jerry it is senile ways of running a team out of the top ten in the league literally top 6 when you go to the playoffs on a regular basis and you're winning your division you can't be a bad front office they're just not one of the better ones but there's literally only two to three teams in the NFC they're even close to better than the Cowboys and really it's only two everyone to have the lions to this really what is the lions ever done they have one good year now all of a sudden they're the new flavor of the month no the Dallas Cowboys are a top six team in the league we just want more in the playoffs but this front office isn't as bad as you all wanna talk you act like he's never paid anyone he literally is overpaid just about every homegrown player that's become a superstar on our team he's overpaid them all so one time now he's being cautious taking some time to think about it asking for some of these players to step up and earn their next contract and now we have a problem with it??!!

Yup coffee ran over!!!

move on dude you're not bringing me to your side of this ridiculous way of overreacting to every little thing every day everything said just get shared and demolished by the same 20 members in here that just happened and no matter what the front office does they're gonna make sure they spiral out of control with threads that are 20 page keep saying the same redundant nonsense and every single one of them..

kskboys

Reaction score
Who pays Dak the $29m Salary he's scheduled to pick up in 2024?
Well, if they trade him, can't they take some of his 40 mil salary cap hit in 25 and move it back to 24? That would be the best bet.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Yeah you act like they didn't overpay both Troy Tony and already Prescott with one contract you act like they don't pay their players get real pro dude some of this stuff is garbage running down your mouth just because you don't like Jerry and you put it in the title and that's why you talk every day you act like he's not gonna pay them at some point teams let their stars go all teams have left big time quarterbacks go as well Brett farve eventually had to go Russell Wilson deshaun Watson these are just the name a few players leave they can't always be here forever and at some point it has to be a business decision when you have a salary cap market in new market you act like this team isn't run well seriously they're top six team that gets all the prime time games from the league because they're relative the Cowboys are still winning whether you like it or not we've won 36 games two division titles I've been to the playoffs three straight years been to the playoffs 5 in the last eight years sometimes you act like this organization has been running into the ground like we're a bottom ten team in the league which is completely backwards from the way it actually is...

So yes we would like more in the playoffs yes we would like to have a more exciting offseason and preseason for you some of you fans that actually need cuddling you need to be hugged you need to be reassured you really need therapy but I get the playoff drought it's frustrating people but stop using terms like this is some garbage ran they don't care when they have proof that they actually can build a team that makes the playoffs and beats Howie Roseman Eagles I mean everyone drools over Howie Roseman who now there's rumor out so he just uses the mock drafts to pick his players which is fine but he still lost to the Dallas Cowboys 2 out of the last three years for the division...

It's gonna make sure you understand that I'm not on board with all the pitchfork torches and the hate for Jerry Jones I don't like him or hate him I don't care I'm indifferent I really don't care who owns the team there are far worse organizations in this league because apparently they can't even knock Jerry it is senile ways of running a team out of the top ten in the league literally top 6 when you go to the playoffs on a regular basis and you're winning your division you can't be a bad front office they're just not one of the better ones but there's literally only two to three teams in the NFC they're even close to better than the Cowboys and really it's only two everyone to have the lions to this really what is the lions ever done they have one good year now all of a sudden they're the new flavor of the month no the Dallas Cowboys are a top six team in the league we just want more in the playoffs but this front office isn't as bad as you all wanna talk you act like he's never paid anyone he literally is overpaid just about every homegrown player that's become a superstar on our team he's overpaid them all so one time now he's being cautious taking some time to think about it asking for some of these players to step up and earn their next contract and now we have a problem with it??!!

Yup coffee ran over!!!

move on dude you're not bringing me to your side of this ridiculous way of overreacting to every little thing every day everything said just get shared and demolished by the same 20 members in here that just happened and no matter what the front office does they're gonna make sure they spiral out of control with threads that are 20 page keep saying the same redundant nonsense and every single one of them..
You are rambling. Anyway, this top 6 franchise you reference is 1 of only 2 franchises that have not played in the NFC title game in almost 30 years. This front office has NEVER won a Super Bowl as the chief architects...as a matter of fact...as the chief architects (meaning no Jimmy Johnson influence)...the chief architects of this franchise have only won 5 playoff game in almost 30 years. Thats one playoff win every 6 years. And since YOU referenced the Eagles they have 2 NFC Conference championships, 2 Super Bowl appearances,1 Super win and 6 playoff wins in the last 6 years alone. With 3 of those wins coming with Nick Foles as the QB. So maybe we should employ some of their strategies because they are working a lot better than the ones we currently use.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thinks it's Dak that would be standing in the way, if he stays with us (and doesnt get cut), he gets paid $29m.
Dallas could go low and literally just tell him that Lance is starting this year and Dak will be on the bench as backup.

I almost guarantee that would convince Prescott to waive his no trade clause and start seeking trade partners.

It is not the most scrupulous thing to do, and would definitely burn the bridge to the ground, but it would be an out.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dallas could go low and literally just tell him that Lance is starting this year and Dak will be on the bench as backup.

I almost guarantee that would convince Prescott to waive his no trade clause and start seeking trade partners.

It is not the most scrupulous thing to do, and would definitely burn the bridge to the ground, but it would be an out.
Since Dak started this hard nosed negotiation stuff, it would simply be doing the same to him that he did to us.