Everyone name your guarantees for the upcoming season

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
stilltheguru said:
That you pretty much know will happen.This is my first post on the board.................WELCOME ME.lol

my guarantee is that bruce thornton will make alot of cowboy fans take back those "bust" comments.hell be a nice player for years to come.mark my words.

dont really know how anyone in their right minds would have called him a "bust" anyway...the guy was regarded as a middle rd, early 2nd day pick and he was selected there...then got injured, missed whole yr...

of course many on here dont post in "their right minds" so thats why we get that junk...I wont be surprised if Thornton makes the team either

David

rcaldw

Reaction score
I will guarantee that at the end of the 2005 campaign

1. No one will be saying that Drew Bledsoe was a great acquisition
2. People will be talking about Drew Henson for 2006

1fisher

Reaction score
The Cowboys will:

beat the Skins twice :skins: :skins:

beat the Giants twice :jints: :jints:

Beat the Eagles twice :iggles: :iggles:

:D (maybe, hopefully)

rcaldw

Reaction score
cannonball44 said:
People will be talking about DH in 2006 regardless.

I don't dispute that. What I am predicting however, is that there will be a call and desire for Henson to start in 2006 because Bledsoe so underperforms in 2005.

Nav22

Reaction score
1. Bledsoe will force his critics to eat their words. Our OL will give him time to throw, and Julius will take the pressure off.

2. Julius emerges as a top 5 RB IF he stays healthy.

3. Roy reminds everybody why he used to be compared to Ronnie Lott.

4. Won't be nearly as many trick plays (or "j*p plays") called by Parcells, since we'll have comfortable leads much more often than last year.

5. We seriously challenge Philly for the division title, with the battle going down to the wire. Weeks 16-17 will be enormous.

Stank

Reaction score
1. We will be 11-5 even if the Eagles win the East. 12-4 if the Eagles slip even one ounce from last year.

2. We will have one of top 2 or 3 rated defenses.

3. We will lead the league in time of possession.

4. (Not really a prediction, but just a fact) We will sweep the Commanders again.

hogwild

Reaction score
we will be looking for a new Head coach....

Parcell steps down under the guise of health problems

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
hogwild said:
we will be looking for a new Head coach....

Parcell steps down under the guise of health problems

As Houston Nutt sits by the phone for the call that never comes.

:lmao:

Your too much Hog.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
good stuff.

oh and im ridin wit thornton.i think the kid got talent.but it will be damn hard for him to get on the field.

newman
henry
glenn
frazier/thornton.

hope its thornton.frazier has heart tho ill give him that.

and a guarantee that i agree with that someone else said.WE WILL RUN THE BALL ALOT

K-Mart

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
dont really know how anyone in their right minds would have called him a "bust" anyway...the guy was regarded as a middle rd, early 2nd day pick and he was selected there...then got injured, missed whole yr...

of course many on here dont post in "their right minds" so thats why we get that junk...I wont be surprised if Thornton makes the team either

David

He was regarded as a late 2nd day pick and a reach for the cowboys to take him in the 4th round. I still stand by my words that he won't make the team because of confidence problems and he lost a lot of experience to the rookies that played a full year last year.

hogwild

Reaction score
i never said Houston Nutt was a good coach...you did

You don't have to be a good coach these days to coaCH

THE cOWBOYS... I said Nutt was waiting to slide in the saddle.

you just assumed i liked him...shame on you

K-Mart

Reaction score
cannonball44 said:
Isn't he a candidate for FS to???

Hasn't been mentioned but I think the last thing we need is a guy who hangs his head as our last line of defense.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
K-Mart said:
He was regarded as a late 2nd day pick and a reach for the cowboys to take him in the 4th round. I still stand by my words that he won't make the team because of confidence problems and he lost a lot of experience to the rookies that played a full year last year.

guess it depends on what/whom you read from, but nearly erverything I had said he was a 4-5th rd pick...I also live here in Atlanta and am a UGA guy, and thats what they were predicting as well...

at any rate, 2nd day picks dont qualify as "busts" IMO anyway...busts are high draft picks expected to become solid players who dont, not projects who get injured and miss a yr

David

K-Mart

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
guess it depends on what/whom you read from, but nearly erverything I had said he was a 4-5th rd pick...I also live here in Atlanta and am a UGA guy, and thats what they were predicting as well...

at any rate, 2nd day picks dont qualify as "busts" IMO anyway...busts are high draft picks expected to become solid players who dont, not projects who get injured and miss a yr

David

AGREED.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
hogwild said:
i never said Houston Nutt was a good coach...you did

You don't have to be a good coach these days to coaCH

THE cOWBOYS... I said Nutt was waiting to slide in the saddle.

you just assumed i liked him...shame on you

Ahhh yeah. Aren't you from Arkansas?

As a side note, you also had a lot to say about Parcells and exactly what kind of coach he was.

Your original post was not lost on me.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
1. Henson performs well this camp and pre-season (which of-course will start the rumblings).

2. Bledsoe shows a rejuvination in Big-D the first 4-5 games then cools off the second half of the season as we rely heavy on our run game.

3. Keyshawn has a monster year as defenses will have to respect Glenn, Witten and JJ

4. I agree that Crayton will become the third receiver at some point. I really like this kid.

5. JJ suprises everyone with improvement as a receiver.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'll give you one. I predict that the Eagles are gonna get old fast and this year, they'll start showing signs of it.