Everyone name your guarantees for the upcoming season

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dargonking999 said:
JJ will run for at least 1 yard

I will see your 1 yard, and raise you 1 yard, so I say he will run for at least 2 yards. :laugh2:

The Curly One

Reaction score
7. The Eagles will not go to the Super Bowl this year.
6. The Cowboys will win one of the games against the Eagles.
5. The Cowboys will go 10-6 and go to the playoffs.
4. Bledsoe is not the guy to lead this team. ( do not know if Henson is either, no one has seen him play) because Bill will never let him start.
3. Our defense will be much better and may actually start getting sacks and interceptions again.
2. Julious Jones will have a very good year.

Those are my best predictions the only one that I am absolutly sure of is.....
And the number one guarentee is....
1. Larry Allen will show all of his fantastic moves to get out of the way of the pass rush. And for the 5th year in a row will be the worst starter on the team. I can not predict what his or your excuses will be but we know he will be useless against the pass rush. Previous excuses have been he was hurt (2001), He was out of shape (2002), Did not understand what Parcells wanted from him? (2003) Duh! and it goes on and on but his performance still stinks. He will "Pancake" a few players to open a hole for Julious Jones and let everyone who wants in to nail Bledsoe. Everyone will say he is going to the Pro Bowl again because he "Pancaked" somebody on a run play.
Prediction 1A. Bledsoe will miss at least one game from getting hit on one of LA's missed blocks (OK, another Sure thing!)
Seriously, The Cowboys number one problem for the last 5 years has been a total lack of pass protection from Larry Allen. Quincy Carter had to run to the right as soon as he got the ball to avoid the pass rush coming from the left side. (Larry Allen usually) Everyone talked bad about Quincy.
It did not get any better with Hutchinson, Henson, Vinny and it will not get better with Bledsoe, you have to protect the Quarterback and give him some time to set up and pass.
While I think the Cowboys will be much better on Defense and even some improvements on Offense we will still not have any pass protection from LA and everyone will blame it on Bledsoe and then Henson or who ever takes over for him if he gets hurt.
I hate to keep harping about LA but until you fix the problem you will still have too many sacks, fumbles interceptions and "bad" Qb's.
The Cowboys will never go deep into the playoffs until they protect the Quarterback.

The Cowboys number 2 problem has been we did not have any pass rush from our defensive line so we were not able to get sacks, fumbles and interceptions. We should be much improved in that area this year and may go away. Look for us to get some turnovers this year (remember what that was like?) The number one problem is still here. Curly

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
The Curly One said:
The number one problem is still here. Curly

Curly, full recognizing you are the Oline guru here, and enjoying your posts on the topic very much, a question...

Has LA really been that bad in pass protection?

Because over the past two seasons, I could point to two oline positions that have consistently been worse than LG in that regard, and one other that has been more problematical over the same span of time.

smashmouth

Benched
Reaction score
That Roy Williams will be hired on by the government to nail Bin Laden while crossing the desert.