Everyone who wants to let Demarco walk get in here

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Look it all comes down to the numbers. The biggest deal given out this past offseason was for waht...3M a season? Sure i'd do Demarco for that. Even 5M a season if not too much is guaranteed and he can stay healthy.

Let's see how the next 14 go.

Craig

Reaction score
7,3,7,5 on consecutive plays leading up to the 2 minute warning. Apparently you were celebrating before you the game ended. A scat back doesnt do that.

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
If we signed him to a 3-4 year contract, it would have to be quite team friendly. You still have to consider his injury history, and we should let this year play out before we consider signing him, there's still a lot of games yet and a lot if chances for a RB to get hurt

Solution

Reaction score
Why not resign him, and use the draft pick for defense?

Why not draft a top tier running back in the second/third round, and use that 20+ million you would have used on Murray to go sign some free agent help for the defense?

I just think this team should consider if they can't allocate their resources better than dropping a large amount on murray.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How about trade DeMarco and Dez for Watt??? :flagwave: :grin::yourock:

Just messing around here......not sure Houston would do it either :eek:

While I am at it, trade Romo and Witten for P. Peterson and their 2015 1st pick. I could go on and on........

Craig

Reaction score
Why not draft a top tier running back in the second/third round, and use that 20+ million you would have used on Murray to go sign some free agent help for the defense?

I just think this team should consider if they can't allocate their resources better than dropping a large amount on murray.

Because then we couldnt complain about jerry never changing.

mmohican29

Reaction score
He is good, but not special.

The last thing we need to do right now is overvalue a RB.

Few RB's are special. But this OLine is built for a DeMarco Murray type RB. A physical, inside/outside dual threat back. He is the new Terrell Davis... I say pay him if we can swing it somehow. I'd rather not have to worry about his replacement. He's a good player, and I like good players on my football team.

cowboyfan4lyfe

Reaction score
I say let him walk. Gurley of Georgia can be the next Cowboy RB. He has Murry size and power. But he is faster than Murray. I would let him walk.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I say let him walk. Gurley of Georgia can be the next Cowboy RB. He has Murry size and power. But he is faster than Murray. I would let him walk.

You really want to spend a high draft pick on a RB when we need to finish the defense? Sign Murray to a decent deal and use the draft pick on the front 7.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
As usual, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Heck, I love Murray. I have since he was drafted, and he's been in my sig for years. Personally, I want the team to find a way to retain him because I think he's capable of sustained, high end production...if he can stay healthy, but I'm also done with the Cowboys handing out huge contracts. As a few others have said, let the season play out and see what happens. If he has a huge year, great, but you still let the market determine his value, and if the number fits the budget, then match the offer. There is no sense in overpaying for Murray. And you know that's exactly what will happen if Jerry simply hands him a new contract before letting him shop around a bit.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't give him anymore than a 3 year deal . 3 years 30 million take it or leave it
That would make him the 2nd highest paid RB in the league.
There's going to be a high demand for him if he hits the market. Its not often a 26 year old premier RB hits the market . 3 years 30 million is reasonable . You get everything out of him for the next 4 years. Let him walk when he's 29 . We will have about 30 million in cap space next season . If Jerry lets him walk i'll lose it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I could give him a 4yr/20m deal that guarantees on the 3rd day of every new league year. Make it a 5m signing bonus and yearly salaries of 2m, 3m, 4m, 6m

Nirvana

Reaction score
Screenshot_2014_09_14_at_10_42_24_PM.png

http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/running-back/

XxTDxX

Reaction score
You can't pay them all.. Dez still needs to be signed and he is significantly more valuable than murray and much more difficult to replace. Keep in mind if McClain keeps balling out we will have to extend him as well..

Sampson

Reaction score
Someone may have already said something like this but i'm being to lazy to read 6 pages.

Don't over estimate Murray and under estimate the O-Line. I still see yards left on the field and him running into our own players(excluding the fumble even). He may be a good RB but he is not irreplaceable.

tayloner

Reaction score
4 years/22 million, with it easy for the Cowboys to get out of the 4th year if they want.