Everyone who wants to let Demarco walk get in here

vaturkey

Reaction score
I think this guy is a special back as he has power and vision and enough wiggle to make folks miss in tight places. He also seems built to run behind this offensive line which should only get better. This team is now (finally) running an offense like the Cowboy's of the 90's. Power dominating offensive line and a good back who can make a guy miss or power through him for a tough yard. I still don't like the way he carries the ball loosely. Also, don't forget Romo will soon be as mobile as Aikmann was (which means not mobile at all). Also, Romo isn't built like Aikmann who was physically much larger and built to take more a pounding. Knock on wood the good thing about Romo is I don't believe he every has had a concussion and that and a bad back is what caused Aikmann to retire.

BTW, Aikman retired at the same age Tony is right now. Just something to think about.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Look it all comes down to the numbers. The biggest deal given out this past offseason was for waht...3M a season? Sure i'd do Demarco for that. Even 5M a season if not too much is guaranteed and he can stay healthy.

Let's see how the next 14 go.

4 year deal puts him at age 30 as a free agent. If he's still producing you can bring him back for 3 or 4 more at a lesser salary because of his age. If he isn't you let him walk.

Give him a Frank Gore style contract and be done with it. The market is what it is. He's not going to get a Marion Barber deal.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I love Murray. Kid runs hard and he's fun to watch.

That said, no, we don't need to overpay just to keep a RB. I'm sorry but RB just isn't that special anymore unless you've got a LeSean McCoy or an AP.

We don't need to tie a bunch of money up in a RB when we're about to tie a bunch up in Dez and we need to start building the hell out of our DL. Obviously our O-Line still needs some work as well, especially in the pass protection department. We're gonna have to replace Free soon.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
This dude is a top 5 back in the NFL. Pay him his paltry millions because today showed that if you want to get wrecked, make Demarco mad.

Let's say he goes out and has 1500 yard, 15 TD season, he will get overpaid and never have another season like that. Wait, I'm getting ahead of the yearly DeMarco hamstring/high ankle sprain

Nirvana

Reaction score
17BYeE.St.58.jpeg

Passepartout

Reaction score
Hey maybe he may need to be benched. Not just walk. In order for him to live and learn?!

Derinyar

Reaction score
If Jerry and Co. give Murray the 3/30 contract some on here want them to then they are exactly as dumb as most on here think they are.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
If Jerry and Co. give Murray the 3/30 contract some on here want them to then they are exactly as dumb as most on here think they are.

Better than the contract they gave barber . If they sign him to anything over 3-4 years it'll be stupid .

Verdict

Reaction score
This dude is a top 5 back in the NFL. Pay him his paltry millions because today showed that if you want to get wrecked, make Demarco mad.

I said before the season started that we should have signed him to a cap friendly deal BEFORE he has a break out year behind this line. It is still early, but I think his break out was fairly predictable. He should have had 10 more carries in the first game.

The only thing that remains to be seen at this point is can he stay healthy (I think he can and will) and whether the fumbling is an aberation (which I also think it is).

Derinyar

Reaction score
Better than the contract they gave barber . If they sign him to anything over 3-4 years it'll be stupid .

Yes, that contract from 7 years ago was stupid. That doesn't change the fact that paying Murray like he's prime Peterson is stupid.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I said before the season started that we should have signed him to a cap friendly deal BEFORE he has a break out year behind this line. It is still early, but I think his break out was fairly predictable. He should have had 10 more carries in the first game.

The only thing that remains to be seen at this point is can he stay healthy (I think he can and will) and whether the fumbling is an aberation (which I also think it is).

What makes you think he will stay healthy? Just curious if its anything more then a wild hunch.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
People saying Murray is a fumbler and that couldn't be farther from the truth. He lost 1 fumble all year last year. So ill gamble on these 2 last games being anomalies