Twitter: Ex-Cowboys WR Sam Hurd released from prison

Carson

Reaction score
A decade in prison for attempting to buy cocaine as someone with no previous criminal record seems excessive but I always had a soft spot for Hurd. I'm sure he'll turn his life around. I remember he was a popular player in the locker room when he was in Dallas.
He didn’t go to jail for just buying cocaine. He was trying to build an entire empire of selling it The complaint alleged Hurd had negotiated to pay $25,000 per kilogram of cocaine, and another $450 per pound of marijuana.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
He didn’t go to jail for just buying cocaine. He was trying to build an entire empire of selling it The complaint alleged Hurd had negotiated to pay $25,000 per kilogram of cocaine, and another $450 per pound of marijuana.

I remember Hurd being a pretty high-level dealer, so I looked it up and found this article from Bleacher Report back in the day.

According to that, he was negotiating to buy $2 million of supply a month. Dude was straight-up running a $20M+ annual business.

h ttps://bleacherreport.com/articles/984857-4-crazy-details-you-need-to-know-about-sam-hurds-stunning-drug-bust

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That's not enough for an empire. That's enough for a party on Wallstreet or K Street.
Poster said it was "per pound", not "total". Nobody knows what his goal was, only what he was willing to pay per standard unit of trafficking measurement.