Twitter: Ex GM Lombardi: Tua failed 2 teams physical

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Well! ........now what (LOL)

http://theredzone.org/Blog-Descript...ovailoa-fails-two-teams--physicals--ex-GM-Lom

Tua Tagovailoa fails two teams' physicals, ex-GM Lombardi says
Apr
4/9/2020 7:07:57 AM
|More

Former GM and NFL analyst Michael Lombardi says two teams have told him that Tua Tagovailoa failed their pre-draft physicals, Hal Habib of the Palm Beach Post reports.

In what could either be prophetic or a smokescreen, former NFL general manager Michael Lombardi said on his podcast that two teams have flunked former Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa in their pre-draft physicals.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
This means very, very little. He just had major surgery so of course he failed the physicals. He's not ready to play yet. The issue isn't failing a physical, it's if he's still on schedule with his recovery. I still expect him to be a very high pick unless something very serious caused him to fail.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I think a player has to be declared dead for Dallas to fail them on the physical. Even then Jerry may still select them in the 2nd round. lol

"we have the technology, we can rebuild him"

Funny but true. I mean JJ drafted Jaylon when he couldn’t even feel his own foot. Tua may not be immediately available to play due to whatever he failed for but I don’t see it as serious as Jaylon’s injury. Sit him for a year to heal up completely if he’s available in the early rounds.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
So do we know how many teams have given him a physical? I mean if it's 32 teams and 2 say he failed and 30 say he passed then what's the big deal. If on the other hand he has had maybe 4 team physicals and 2 teams have failed him, well then maybe there is a problem. Need more facts to make an informed decision

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmm. Odd. Just yesterday I was reading why does Jerry draft injured players other teams pass on.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So do we know how many teams have given him a physical? I mean if it's 32 teams and 2 say he failed and 30 say he passed then what's the big deal. If on the other hand he has had maybe 4 team physicals and 2 teams have failed him, well then maybe there is a problem. Need more facts to make an informed decision
I wonder what teams would even give him a physical? Wouldn’t it only be teams drafting early or in that top 25?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
These physicals aren't just a quick temperature check, turn and cough. They're borderline ridiculous how thorough they are and if a player fails the physical then there's a fairly high chance other teams will come to the same conclusion. There has to be factual and legitimate reasons to pass or fail.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He will still be gone by 17. IMO.

it just takes one team to pass him on the physical. And then the talent is too much to pass up.

IF he fell to 17. I would be fine with Dallas drafting him. Should they choose to do it. I don’t think they will. But I would be perfectly fine with it.