Video: Ex-NFL Player Reaction: Is it right move for Dak to play out his contract?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
When Jerry is done with Dak this coming season (as the setup is in big time) he will be lucky to get Kirk Cousins's money.
PAPPY rarely is wrong and mark my words his next team will find out very fast the mental midget they made the mistake of signing.
Pappy rarely is wrong except when he thinks Derek Carr still plays for the raiders….but hey that was 72 hours ago so take a pass

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I wonder if the Dak contract stuff is just Jerry trying to keep this lousy franchise in the news. If they sign him to a ridiculous contract after all this it will just be more proof these dummies will never change.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Jerry is done with Dak this coming season (as the setup is in big time) he will be lucky to get Kirk Cousins's money.
PAPPY rarely is wrong and mark my words his next team will find out very fast the mental midget they made the mistake of signing.
I'm waiting to see how long it takes MM to turn on Dak.
When your bunns are on the hot seat , the finger pointing begins.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Yeah, weird play. It’s like he thinks it’s a game of one-on-one playground hoops where if your opponent scores he gets to keep the ball and keep scoring until you score.

The team’s first four possessions:

1. Punt
2. Pick
3. Punt
4. Pick
Yep, you never feel confident when Dak goes behind (especially by more than two scores)....or time's ticking and he needs to execute.
Whether Dak feels he has to take on more responsibility, whether we (or Dak) doesn't have faith or patience in the running game or he worries that our run defense is going to bleed points .....DOESN'T matter, it all adds up to the Dak Blueprint.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Yep, you never feel confident when Dak goes behind (especially by more than two scores)....or time's ticking and he needs to execute.
Whether Dak feels he has to take on more responsibility, whether we (or Dak) doesn't have faith or patience in the running game or he worries that our run defense is going to bleed points .....DOESN'T matter, it all adds up to the Dak Blueprint.
Dak has had plenty of come from behind wins. His issue is playing against good defenses and when the playoff spotlight is on. He consistently shrivels in those moments.

khiladi

Reaction score
That’s why I’m not claiming the rosters are the same as I’ve said about 3 times now but you’re so caught up in the fact that I dare suggest dak Prescott is better than Chad Hutchinson you can’t move past it lol. There’s not a team, a planet, a scenario that Chad Hutchinson and dak Prescott are equal talents not even close. Chad Hutchinson with the same rosters that you claim are loaded wouldn’t under perform in the playoffs…..because there’d be no playoffs, he was that bad.

You are digging into the crates talking about zekes suspension lol that’s 7 years ago man. Jesus. My point as I’ve said now to you in reply a handful of times is that it’s been 2 decades since the cowboys have had to really search for a franchise caliber quarterback and there’s a chance it may not be as easy as others make it out to be to find one.

Now please for the love of god, move along, these are not the droids you are looking for.
hyperbole Buddy.

How about Quincy Carter then.. again, Zeke suspended for 6 games.. didn’t even come off playing baseball, had a full season as a starter and 2 training camps and yet sucked it up. Without Cooper, sucked it up. Set Dallas records of futility that surpassed Quincy Carter.

Dak can’t throw from a traditional drop back offense consistently.

Cooper Rush was 5-1 buddy. There is no more a QB friendly era as there is today.

How many QBs have led their teams past the divisional round ever since Dak has been QB of the Cowboys with this roster?

Imagine acting like QB carousel in today’s game, was like it is in this era..

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Notice how no one engages with me on the issue of losing the locker room or wasting other star players careers looking for a QB.

These are things legit GM's have to deal with.

All the talk of "we could have had the same results(not winning a SB) if we had a guy on a rookie deal" isnt how this works in real life(assuming this is real).

No one wants to talk about those two very real issues the real GM's have to deal with.

Then add into it that all the same negative posters focus on team stats to define a player and hate on them...real GM's couldnt do that.

Dak's salary demands are frustrating...but every team has the same issue if they want a good vet QB and all teams have the same math tricks.

Personally...I only let Dak go if he and his agent are being selfish. Im not low balling him, though. The talk about cut vet QB's for rookies is just ingredients for losing a locker room unless everyone inside the locker room thinks the player has glaring issues. I dont think Dak's "yips" are real but more designed and I dont think Dak's lack of reading defenses is as bad as is suggested.

Maybe Kurt Warner or some other QB scout needs to break down every single Dak Playoff game and tell us how slow he was or what bad decisions he made routinely. I will take Dak's reg season stats and low turnovers and ask the other facets of the team, including coaching, to pull some weight....while also hoping Dak is reasonable in contract negotiations.

Im all for moving on from Dak if consultants, scouts and coaches say he has flaws and he and his agent are being unreasonable.
"No one engages with you" - BECAUSE WE'VE DISCUSSED THIS AD NAUSEUM ON THIS FORUM.

- You regard CeeDee Lamb PUBLICLY showing up Dak is evidence of a stable, cohesive locker room? Micah Parson's brother speaking up? CeeDee's mom? The entire team giving up once Dak threw that INT? Jerry's dissatisfaction with this group and willingness to let like 15 players go...that have ANYTHING to do with "lockerrom cohesiveness"? There's a few ways to bring cohesiveness and many ways to divide, but there's only ONE SURE WAY TO KEEP A LOCKER ROOM TOGETHER: W-I-N

- "Wasting other players careers" - have you seen the look on Demarcus Lawrence's face when Dak wets the bed? How Tyron Smith CHOSE to bail? Other players?

Here's a hint: All of your vaunted "points" all suppose that the grade on Dak is outstanding. That couldn't be further from the truth based on all reports and actions seen by this team. The sad reality is that you and Dak are the last to know...apparently.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Last year, it was Kellen Moore and his “not running the ball” to protect Dak. Dak gets behind against the Packers, INT and pick 6.
It was Fat Mike last year. He didn't dumb it down far enough. Hand the ball off and on passing downs, if first read if covered run. That's about all he can do now. I still support the crap out of the choker.

khiladi

Reaction score
Now it’s Dan Quinn at fault. Guess what guys, GB had the personnel that was a match-up nightmare for Dallas. Dallas played dime the whole season, 2.5 times more than anybody else.

Playing a lot of this personnel isn’t in and of itself a problem, as evidenced by the fact that Dallas fielded a top-five defense in terms of points allowed in the regular season. But what this did do was give opponents who had the right personnel a starting point to build their offensive game plan. Green Bay is one of those teams with the right personnel. The Packers started two tight ends, rookies Tucker Kraft and Luke Musgrave, who are uber-athletic players and stand almost a combined 13 feet tall. Athleticism isn’t easy to measure, but according to at least one method (the Relative Athletic Score), both are in the 96th percentile of all draft-eligible tight ends since 2000. Green Bay took advantage of these rookies along with the Cowboys’ tendency to trot out five defensive backs and came out in 12 personnel (one running back, two tight ends) at a higher rate than it had all season to open the game. And then Green Bay went on a 12-play, 75-yard touchdown drive that burned more than half of the first-quarter clock.

Over the course of the game, the Packers stayed in 12 personnel for 47 percent of their plays. The end result was that at various points in the game, Dallas was stuck matching at least one cornerback (none of whom are within 5 inches of Musgrave or Kraft) on one of these tight ends, who combined to catch five passes for 67 yards and a touchdown. It also meant these defensive backs had to carry the load against a run game that was trotting out two tight ends to help with the run blocking. It was a similar game plan to what we saw in Week 15, when Bills running backs averaged 6.3 yards per carry and ran 12 personnel 33 percent of the time.

It’s not a great look for Quinn, a hot name as a potential head coaching candidate for 2024. But at the same time, he didn’t really have many options. Damone Clark was the only healthy linebacker on the roster. Safety Markquese Bell became the number two linebacker as the season went on, playing 90 percent of his snaps in the box or along the defensive line. Parsons is technically an option to drop into coverage, but he’s also the most explosive pass rusher in the NFL—not the type of guy you want doing anything else. Perhaps this problem was less on Quinn and more on the guys building the roster.

https://www.dmagazine.com/sports/2024/01/cowboys-packers-defense-quinn-dalla/

That wasn’t even zone, it was man coverage. This idea Quinn didn’t play man is a crock of garbage. They played a significant amount of snaps, even though they ran some more zone. The LB got smoked..

Similarly to the Browns' inability to adjust to the things about their defense that C.J. Stroud was obviously set up to tear apart, the Cowboys had no answers for the Packers, because the Packers were designed as if to specifically demolish everything Dan Quinn loves.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...-quinn-mike-mccarthy-jerry-jones/72228743007/

Now let’s get back to Dak. Not only did he suck against the 49ers when the defense held, this time when Dallas clearly was going in for a shoot-out, the brainiac behind Center was throwing pick 6s.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ob-should-be-questioned-if-mike-mccarthys-is/

"One-thousand percent, 1,000 percent, I'm not a guy who lives in the past," Prescott said postgame. "I sucked tonight, that was it. I got it going a little bit late but none of that mattered at that point. Fall, that's all I really know how to do. It's about winning ... and getting to the last game and winning that as well. Yeah, tough."

"Credit them for some of the early looks disguising how they were going to play him," Prescott said. "And then late after the snap, moving and not giving me the same picture that they were pre-snap as they did post-snap. Credit to them. Then I missed him on the sideline on a little roll out. But once we got it going, it was too late. But it was as usual, CeeDee was going to make a play."

This guy actually tried to say he got it going, but it was too late. Yeah Buddy, after they inserted their second and third string squad and played prevent. It’s obvious the Packers just shut down the real MVP of the offense, Lamb, and it was lights out.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
"No one engages with you" - BECAUSE WE'VE DISCUSSED THIS AD NAUSEUM ON THIS FORUM.

- You regard CeeDee Lamb PUBLICLY showing up Dak is evidence of a stable, cohesive locker room? Micah Parson's brother speaking up? CeeDee's mom? The entire team giving up once Dak threw that INT? Jerry's dissatisfaction with this group and willingness to let like 15 players go...that have ANYTHING to do with "lockerrom cohesiveness"? There's a few ways to bring cohesiveness and many ways to divide, but there's only ONE SURE WAY TO KEEP A LOCKER ROOM TOGETHER: W-I-N

- "Wasting other players careers" - have you seen the look on Demarcus Lawrence's face when Dak wets the bed? How Tyron Smith CHOSE to bail? Other players?

Here's a hint: All of your vaunted "points" all suppose that the grade on Dak is outstanding. That couldn't be further from the truth based on all reports and actions seen by this team. The sad reality is that you and Dak are the last to know...apparently.
lol

its by design...and kind of a bad design

go torture and kill for progress with your six shooter. sh i t s trash. guns are trash.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Jed York...CEO of 49ers

"I think it's a good problem when your quarterback is one of your highest-paid guys on your team and in the league," York said. "It's not like Brock is going to ask for something that no one has ever asked for before. ... The quarterback is the most important position, not just in football but in all sports. And those guys should be paid a lot of money."

What an April Fool. Guy is going to pay his QB who hasnt won a Super Bowl. Do you guys have your pitch forks ready?

And I dont care if thats an April Fools quote and Im the one thats the fool.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
hyperbole Buddy.

How about Quincy Carter then.. again, Zeke suspended for 6 games.. didn’t even come off playing baseball, had a full season as a starter and 2 training camps and yet sucked it up. Without Cooper, sucked it up. Set Dallas records of futility that surpassed Quincy Carter.

Dak can’t throw from a traditional drop back offense consistently.

Cooper Rush was 5-1 buddy. There is no more a QB friendly era as there is today.

How many QBs have led their teams past the divisional round ever since Dak has been QB of the Cowboys with this roster?

Imagine acting like QB carousel in today’s game, was like it is in this era..
Imagine responding to someone who’s politely asked you to move on 3x….but then again I’d have to imagine disliking a player so much that it borders on obsession.

So pretty please, with sugar on top, move on. Thanks!

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
lol

its by design...and kind of a bad design

go torture and kill for progress with your six shooter. sh i t s trash. guns are trash.
I'm a Cowboys fan so thus the name "Sixshooter"...sometimes nimrods can't appreciate a pseudonym and take everything literally.

And it's also noted that you seem to pretend that anyone who disagrees with you is "tortured"...no (a weak coping mechanism)...that's what your mind needs to believe to make sense of all the head-scratching after you finish making your "point".

Hint: You haven't made a point...that's the only "torturous" part of this conversation.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
432935786_122134325474145955_1996352342336680732_n.jpg

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
432974859_122134105808145955_2173676690683453050_n.jpg

Plaxico Burress RIDICULES Dak Prescott by astonishingly claiming that the Cowboys won’t win a Super Bowl with him

khiladi

Reaction score
Imagine responding to someone who’s politely asked you to move on 3x….but then again I’d have to imagine disliking a player so much that it borders on obsession.

So pretty please, with sugar on top, move on. Thanks!
“Politely”.. How about you stop responding with a “refutation” while telling me to “politely” move on? Last time you said I was “stuck” on 7 years ago with Zeke, while telling me to “move on”, yet I mentioned Cooper Rush, Amari Cooper, 2020, 3 all-pro linemen.

Acting like we are in the era of Chad Hutchinson who was a baseball player and the whole franchise was in a complete rebuild mode, is a complete crock of garbage. And if Dak was in that situation, just like his past history shows, he would absolutely suck. He in fact sucked the first quarter of this year until after the bye, when they had to dumb it down even more, completely changing the offense by forcing feeding Lamb. It also correlated with the fact the OL was healthy and consistent.

There was no better OL and Better rushing attack than what Dak walked into. Claiming the rosters of 2002 and 2016 were anything alike are disingenuous. If anything Dak lucked into a SB ready roster and Dallas wasted years baby-sitting this guy. This was more than evident with Dak’s play when Zeke was suspended, when Cooper wasn’t here and in 2019 when they went through a significant stretch of pathetic offense led by Dak with a bottom of the barrell third down conversion rate only to lose to Wentz throwing over 40 times and not even putting up 9 pts, and 2020 going 1-4, with 7 TOs and then getting to watch Cooper Rush go 5-1 with the same roster Dak played with.

Last edited: