CFZ Excited about this defense

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
We start a thread about the Defense, and not only can't Pappy's Doggs give it a rest, but they try to turn the thread into a Dak Bash !

Anyway back to the topic. The defense will be top 5 imho. So many dangerous combinations. I expect dominance

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Smith adds an element they haven’t had in years. Excited to see more of Bland. I think Clark is going to be a baller. I need more Sam Williams because I think he can flat out play. If I had one concern it’s how Parsons is used. They MUST move him around more. Can’t keep having him take on tackles every snap.

It will be one of the best defenses they have had in decades.

Brooksey

Reaction score
We had one of the top NFL defenses the first half of the season, but it fell off the second half of the season. We were approaching the top 5 in total defense early in the season and finished 12th. We had one of the best pass rushes the league had seen since the 85 Bears early in the season and it disappeared. Even when we were playing our best defense earlier in the season we still struggled against the run. Our defense completely fell apart in the second half against Green Bay and Jacksonville costing us both games. We were dreadful defensively against Washington and their rookie QB in the season finale. Our defense has gotten much better over the past couple of seasons, but there’s still a lot of room for improvement. There’s potential to be a top defense, but we’re not nearly there yet. Parsons wears down as the season goes on and hasn’t shown up much in the playoffs the past two seasons. I’m not quite as stoked about the defense as you are. I want to see our defense come on in December not drop off.
It's only fair to mention they shut down SF until 10 min left in the 4th Quarter, they got tired. Some of that blame can be the way our offense played.

Even with SF finding room to run late, they had nothing all day, nothing. Purdy was running for his life, McCaffery was shut down. Not a lot of people talk about it but if Pollard doesn't go down and we can sustain an offensive drive and score 7 in the 4th
It's a different outcome and that's on the road against big tough SF.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Why? It isn't as hard for Cowboys to keep faith and produce, as it is for some fans just to keep their own faith going...
Because they are playing better quarterbacks.

They could be the best defense in the league and still only rank 8-10.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's only fair to mention they shut down SF until 10 min left in the 4th Quarter, they got tired. Some of that blame can be the way our offense played.

Even with SF finding room to run late, they had nothing all day, nothing. Purdy was running for his life, McCaffery was shut down. Not a lot of people talk about it but if Pollard doesn't go down and we can sustain an offensive drive and score 7 in the 4th
It's a different outcome and that's on the road against big tough SF.
I mentioned in another post that we played well enough defensively to win against San Francisco. The main issue in that game was our offense and Dak’s performance. Holding a team to 18 points in the playoffs gives you an opportunity to win. Our running game began to die off later in the season and we just couldn’t get anything going on the ground against the 49ers. With our passing game struggling along with the two turnovers that did us in. You can’t turn the ball over in the redzone in a playoff game and expect to win.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Because they are playing better quarterbacks.

They could be the best defense in the league and still only rank 8-10.
This stands as a very tough sport...situations to change constantly. Though this fan is still betting on this team of Cowboys.

Because of the NFL is a sport where all are trying, I can't begin an argument. Hey, it's football.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Until she get's killed, and you know someone will do it. One hit is all it will take, one solid, blind side hit

Watch the video of the little girl getting erased on a running play. And that's little kids.

What is it about SOME men that wish to see women come to harm? Why would you fill their head with the totally fictitious, delusional notion,

that they should even be on the same field of battle as Men ? Father's if you love your little girls, straighten them out ! Don't sacrifice your kids to this modern day Religion.

imagine Sam Williams get's a clean shot on ANY female. Seriously, the Carnage !
You don’t give them enough credit. I’ve been training for over 35 years. I know some women that can hit harder than men and take a hit.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Until she get's killed, and you know someone will do it. One hit is all it will take, one solid, blind side hit

Watch the video of the little girl getting erased on a running play. And that's little kids.

What is it about SOME men that wish to see women come to harm? Why would you fill their head with the totally fictitious, delusional notion,

that they should even be on the same field of battle as Men ? Father's if you love your little girls, straighten them out ! Don't sacrifice your kids to this modern day Religion.

imagine Sam Williams get's a clean shot on ANY female. Seriously, the Carnage !
Did you ever hear of roughing the kicker, lol

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
We were clearly winning with defense early in the season with Cooper Rush at QB. During the 4 wins he had our defense didn’t give up more than 17 points. Our defense completely shut down the Rams who were playing with Stafford, and Cooper Kupp. Rush only passed for just over 100 yards in that game but our defense was outstanding. Things started to change with the defense after we lost to Philly. We gave up 26 points, which was the most we had given up to that point. Two weeks later we gave up 29 to a bad Bears team and the following week 31 to a bad Green Bay team that had lost six straight games. Our defense fell apart in the second half of that game. Our vaunted pass rush started disappearing. In December we gave up 40 to Jacksonville in a loss and the following week we gave up 34 to Philly with Gardner Minshew. This was clearly not the same defense we saw early in the season. Naturally fans started going overboard with the defense early in the season and just when it appeared we might have something special with this defense it began to sputter out. Parsons wasn’t as effective later in the season and had been neutralized. He only had maybe a couple of sacks the last five or six games The D played well against Tampa in the playoffs and played well enough to beat San Francisco but it still has a ways to go to becoming a top defense.
Our secondary was depleted in those later games, and in jax our starting lb and de were out.

At least in JAX they forced fumble with a minute left for the offense to do one thing, yet KM/Dak 3 str8 dirt passes to give jax plenty of time to get a fg to tie it. GB game started off good, but was overall terrible. Philly was also a disaster saved by Dak.

i think Parsons was fighting through injury or multiple ones later in the season, and even tho his sacks were down, he was still breathing on QBs and forcing false starts left and right, sometimes sacks arent everything.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
It's funny. Last year many on this site thought the D was not going to be any good. What a surprise we all got.

I am going to say the D will not be good. Just hoping the reverse occurs. On paper we look a little better but we won't know until they take the field. Praying the injury count is next to nothing.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Certainly the defense would appear to be a strong point of the team. However, we are going to face some pretty stiff competition this year. The offense is going to have to do its part. If not, the D may be better but will look worse if we can't score while also giving them time to rest. It all has to work together.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If Mazi can play this Cowboys defense has no weaknesses. I have never seen a Cowboys defense that seems to have all their positions locked with few questions. 4 solid corners, LVE is a good middle linebacker, 3 good safeties, Parsons and Tank. Good young role players that could break out as well. Top 5 defense.