CFZ Excitement or Exasperated

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
This is the week that for the better part of 30 years Cowboys fans around the world are more angry than almost every other fam base in the NFL. This is the annual “hell week” where Jerry and Steven have decided to tell the fans that they aren’t really that interested in winning a championship.

So I ask you all, The true fans of Americas Team. Will this be a week where we become excited to finally have a chance to compete for a NFC Championship? Or, another week where we are exasperated and hate the owner and his son for putting us through the emotions of watching a series of dumpster dive acquisitions?

What will it be? Will we watch the rich get richer and defy all the BS talk of salary cap hell? Or, will finally join the upper echelons of the good teams and front offices and add some top tier players to this middle of the road team?
Neither. Resignation. It's Stephen & Jerry running the show that guarantees we're not a real contender, their being active or not in free agency has nothing to do with it.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
C'mon guys.

After all, we're celebrating another Divisional playoff appearance. That's right, don't mess with us when it comes to the Divisional round. Can't wait for another 12 win season and yes wait for it...another Divisional round playoff appearance.

We are America's Team!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
C'mon guys.

After all, we're celebrating another Divisional playoff appearance. That's right, don't mess with us when it comes to the Divisional round. Can't wait for another 12 win season and yes wait for it...another Divisional round playoff appearance.

We are America's Team!
I can think of worse scenarios, when push comes to shove . . . although, better ones come to mind, too . . .:huh:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Excitement.
How could it be anything else for a fan.

Yes we know they won’t do much, if anything in FA. Not at first. But there is always that chance at a surprise.
Then look forward to the draft.
Zw

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Excited with the 3rd decade of the Jerry and Stephen show?
Yeah, because we're never disappointed :facepalm:

cristglo

Reaction score
I like so many of us here feel somewhere in the hopeful side of my mind and want to believe that we will hit the second wave of FA . :rolleyes:

jujoboys

Reaction score
Cowboys get three compensatory picks for the upcoming draft:
-Two selections in the 5th round - nos. 169 and 176 overall;
-One selection in the 6th round - no. 212 overall.
I was referring to how many we earn for next year.

Sydla

Reaction score
I see no reason why it will be any different to previous seasons.
Bingo.

But admittedly, I get stupid every time this year looking and thinking there are names out there that could really help that maybe we'll surprise and sign.

And then in about a few days after FA starts I realize that yeah, I was a freaking idiot again.

Sydla

Reaction score
You just come out of a coma?
Rockport is bi-polar.

Just a month or so ago, he was lamenting that the biggest issue facing Dallas is probably Jones. He was critical (at least for Rockie) of Jones.

But now he's swung back to full on defense of the front office.

Sydla

Reaction score
They competed for the NFC championship last year. Did you miss the season? They were very close to getting the number 1 spot in the NFC. They won 13 games, 6 were against playoff teams. There is no finally? They are a contender.
LOL, so now we "competed" for the NFC Champ game.

The bar keeps getting lower and lower for the homers. In a few years, it will be, "How can you complain, we competed for the playoff! That's a successful season!"

PS - No, they aren't a contender. They keep tripping over themselves in the postseason. They are a contender when they actually make a NFCCG, something they haven't done for 27 years, which is one of the longest inept streaks in NFL history.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I’m not going to pretend to be excited. I’m disappointed. I’ve seen the same story too many times to know that there isn’t enough change for a different outcome. I’m not going to stop being a fan I just don’t care as much as I used to. At least not during the offseason anyways lol

Sydla

Reaction score
Neither. Resignation. It's Stephen & Jerry running the show that guarantees we're not a real contender, their being active or not in free agency has nothing to do with it.
Yep.

Jerry and his bozo son would rather not risk being good to try to be great. They are content with putting out a decent team every year that they hope gets the breaks and gets lucky and contends. It hasn't worked for 2 decades but they fear a situation where the team ends up in a 2-3 year rut if things don't work out. So they'd rather just keep being decent/good and forget about being great.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do you have issues with the truth?
Just ask the Niners or consider the fact he missed 5 games and was the leader in interception last season..........
I have no issue with the truth. Was merely pointing out someone mentions Dak within the first 10 post of EVERY thread when it is not about him.

I guess you cherry pick my posts on what to respond to. I am not all that high on Dak, but not going to hate on the player 24 / 7 like he lives in some fans heads 24 / 7.

There are other aspects of the team and players to discuss. Why do you have an issue with that?

Retro88

Reaction score
I always hope to be excited about something we do during these periods but there's not much of a point getting excited by something considering our recent past.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Exactly. There's little to suggest that there's been a change in mentality. We'll bargain shop our way to another 2nd round exit this season. We know where this story goes. I'd love to be surprised, but we've been here 25+ times before.
Wasn't it a first round exit in past seasons. :laugh: NFCC, here we come.