Excuses from our players

aria

Reaction score
And that would be helped you cope with this loss?
Very much so, honesty goes a long way with me. I’d rather have a guy come out and say “I flat out sucked” or “I was winded and need to work harder on my conditioning” then feed us a generic line of crap. They tell enough lies they start believing it themselves and it results in a snowball effect of excuses.

It’s part of my so so theory that a lot of Cowboys players feel more entitled than most players due to the team. They think because of the constant hype, attention and notoriety of this franchise that they don’t have to work as hard...they start believing it themselves, from the day they are drafted. Most players on the Cowboys get more attention than other players because of the team not because what they have done. I feel like a guy playing for the Jets may try harder to get noticed than a guy on the Cowboys.

I know it’s a little/way far fetched but I truly think there is a little bit of truth behind it, maybe more with some players than others.

GenoT

Reaction score
Rationalizations are part of The Process.

Embrace The Process.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Very much so, honesty goes a long way with me. I’d rather have a guy come out and say “I flat out sucked” or “I was winded and need to work harder on my conditioning” then feed us a generic line of crap. They tell enough lies they start believing it themselves and it results in a snowball effect of excuses.

It’s part of my so so theory that a lot of Cowboys players feel more entitled than most players due to the team. They think because of the constant hype, attention and notoriety of this franchise that they don’t have to work as hard...they start believing it themselves, from the day they are drafted. Most players on the Cowboys get more attention than other players because of the team not because what they have done. I feel like a guy playing for the Jets may try harder to get noticed than a guy on the Cowboys.

I know it’s a little/way far fetched but I truly think there is a little bit of truth behind it, maybe more with some players than others.
Wth is up with Cooper. Is he hurt or not. He had drops again tonight. Dak threw some bad passes as well. Elliot ran ok but we once again abandoned it when we were never that far behind. Instead we let a injured QB throw over and over. You saw what happens last week when you run the ball, yet the staff still did this. Elliot isn’t in the football shape he was when he came in. But it’s 0 excuse for Pollard to put it in the ground. Hate to say it but it was a game changer. That was a scoring drive. In past games it’s happened. A turnover or a drive killing penalty or missed FG. Poor excuse for a game. Time to drop some weight.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
I can't complain about Zeke. He takes some hits. He's the only tough guy on the offense.

Dak's play and decision making was alarming. When you have a 3rd and 4, why on earth do you shoot for long ball. He did it a couple times. The underneath completion is there, you just need a couple yards. Wentz knows that. But he locks on and launches. He had 1 good deep completion that he underthrew to Gallup. Average QBs make that throw in stride. TD. He overthrows Tavon "one play a year" Austin by 10 feet from a clean pocket. Throws behind people all day.
Throws 6ft out of bounds to Gallup on 3rd and short right before his 4th down chuck to end that debacle. This is it. This is how it's going to be. Dak can't win a big game. Wilts under pressure. Coach killer. I saw progress early on this year. Footwork, ball speed, decisive decisions. What a crock. Sucked me right in. Not again though. I'm off the Dak train.
I feel ya. He was complete garbage today. Most of his throws were high or behind receivers. Can't seem to check it down when it's there. Never moves up in the pocket, only sideways to the left and backwards.
The receivers didn't do him any favors. But if dak plays a good game it's an easy win.

aria

Reaction score
Wth is up with Cooper. Is he hurt or not. He had drops again tonight. Dak threw some bad passes as well. Elliot ran ok but we once again abandoned it when we were never that far behind. Instead we let a injured QB throw over and over. You saw what happens last week when you run the ball, yet the staff still did this. Elliot isn’t in the football shape he was when he came in. But it’s 0 excuse for Pollard to put it in the ground. Hate to say it but it was a game changer. That was a scoring drive. In past games it’s happened. A turnover or a drive killing penalty or missed FG. Poor excuse for a game. Time to drop some weight.
I dunno, it was a weird game for me. I know this isn’t a popular belief but I’ve never seen our players collectively play as bad tonight as they have all year. IMO, this was one of the best coached games all season (NOT saying we shouldn’t let Garrett go) and our players had opportunity after opportunity to make plays and win this game by performing the most basic skills for their position yet dropped the ball, literally and figuratively.

The defense as whole wasn’t terrible. Dak and the receivers were trash. People want to throw Dak under the bus and I respect him for saying the injury had no effect but man...either he just had a really off night (happens to all QB’s) he’s still hurt or not practicing most of the week took a toll on him. If he had hit even 1/3rd of those open receivers or had those receivers caught just a few that hit them then we very well could have won.

There’s no way we could have kept running Elliott. He would have taken himself out of the game or Philly would have shut him down which they did do on quite a few plays but for some reason everyone seems to forget that. It was the right call IMO to attack the secondary, that is by far their weakest link, and it would have worked if the receivers and Dak could have played just a decent game.

starman22

Reaction score
Zeke could have said “I’m a purse carrying diva who likes to bully women and people half my size but my over sized noggin had a boo boo and I really needed another breather so I took myself out of the game”. :D

Had he said that, it would have been the second time in my life I’ve agreed with him.

Wow, Zeke takes up a lot of space in your head.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It’s just a representation of society as a whole. Not to delve into banned subjects here, but it’s the norm to not accept responsibility these days. It’s always trying to cover up your shortcomings excuses, blaming others, and deflecting

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Furthermore, look at what our players posted: Zeke and the infamous pass dropper, M.G. (Gallup)
d4073r5.png

YJqOjVi.jpg

Talk about focused and locked in, huh? So many fans on here are still upset after the loss, yet our actual players could care less. What a joke.

zeke21

Reaction score
I'm sick of the discussion re Zeke coming out of the game.. watch the tape. He gets hit in the head, goes to the sideline, gets assessed and then stands back up and is READY to go back in for the 3rd down.. but he isn't sent it..

So yes he came out.. for one play after a head knock.. it is not his fault that he wasn't sent back in or that a fumble happened. Sheesh

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This staff killed us as much as the players effort. They judged. They judged the way they saw them play and assumed they would roll over them. Tried once again to play just good enough. Figured they would get that last TD and tie it up. You let a TE best you. You let them screen and run on you. ITS ALL THEY HAD AND YOU DIDNT GAME PLAN TO TAKE THAT AWAY.

It's amazing that no one points this out with our defense. While our offense runs on the same plays regardless of opponent. But so does our defense. Its the same style of defense each and every week.

Phily ran plays that got our weakest defenders isolated against their TEs. Yet there was no adjustment to stop the bleeding while Wentz continuously threw to Goodard. This is a coaching issue. When we know what exactly what the Eagles was going to do and don't plan for it, the blame goes with coaching.

While I'm not surprised. It still baffles me this organization has not an inch of clue on how to draw up a strategy to beat certain teams.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Dak has been good in over a month it’s concerning. He hasn’t played well since the Vikings game.

BECAUSE HE'S AVERAGE. That is ALL. There is no "theory" or "explanation" needed. He's just not that great, especially when you need him to be. It's concerning, but coming at the right time. Hopefully Jerry won't pay him, or least he won't pay him a mass amount. Contract talks have silenced because Dak's play has silenced as well...