Excuses from our players

Zman5

Reaction score
At least Dak didn't give some BS "if this is the worst thing that happens to me in my lif..." excuse Romo gave in 2008. I defended Romo but that quote made me want to puke. Just take the blame or **** after a bad game

glimmerman

Reaction score
It's amazing that no one points this out with our defense. While our offense runs on the same plays regardless of opponent. But so does our defense. Its the same style of defense each and every week.

Phily ran plays that got our weakest defenders isolated against their TEs. Yet there was no adjustment to stop the bleeding while Wentz continuously threw to Goodard. This is a coaching issue. When we know what exactly what the Eagles was going to do and don't plan for it, the blame goes with coaching.

While I'm not surprised. It still baffles me this organization has not an inch of clue on how to draw up a strategy to beat certain teams.
Even if they ran the same plan as last week. No zone, put them on the line and knock them off the line. Run the ball no matter what, Elliot was moving the ball but they continued to pass the ball when your QB had shoulder issues. And yes he threw inaccurate and we had drops. Witten even dropping passes. Run the dang ball.

b0xZZ

Reaction score
maybe the protocol was what he wanted to avoid

Zeke regularly takes breaks at inopportune times. This wasn't an isolated instance. It's a problem with conditioning or maybe hes just lazy. Who knows as Dak would say.

nobody

Reaction score
What did you want them to say? Dak said he was bad and didn’t use injuries as a excuse and Zeke said he hit his head. What did you want?

I do like that Dak didn't make injury excuses. He owned it.

Loso86

Reaction score
When will they take accountability? These are quotes from our “Triplets” (which I believe are lies. No way you take yourself out of a game with huge implications like this. Especially on big downs).

If he got hit in the head that hard, he’d be in concussion protocol. Lie.

Really? Nothing to say about yourself or your team? The Iggles did not play “good”. You guys just played bad.

Who knows, really? Just say you played bad. What a joke. “I missed some throws” is all he can say. He missed more than a “few throws”. If he wasn’t so selfish, he would’ve tried out Cooper Rush. I know Rush sucks, but see what he can do. We were already losing, so what’s the worst that could happen at that point?

Completely ignoring their performance less than 5 minutes ago. Like it was nothing. They wouldn’t have to have a “must win” against the Commanders if they handled business like they were supposed to tonight. But no. What an idiot. He probably doesn’t even know the Eagles have to lose next week to go to the playoffs. No accountability here. Just riding on false hope and faith.

Really? A team that scores no TD’s played hard? What an idiot. This truly shows that the terribleness starts at the top. How dumb can you be? On what metric did this team play hard? Jones must’ve watched form an alternate universe.

I know everyone likes to say, “Our coaches suck!” “We lack leadership!”. There is NO WAY you ignore the lack of accountability, effort, and will of our players. I know Bill Belichick said “No player can overcome bad coaching.” However, one can obviously see this team lacks the effort and will. The fact that these players need motivation from their HC speaks volumes. They are grown men who have played football for basically their entire lives. Relying on the coaching staff for that is ridiculous. I’m tired of these players getting off easy. This team desperately needs new coaching, but to say the players don’t need changing as well is asinine. Rant over.

Zeke took a hit to the head which is true what do you want him to say

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
When will they take accountability? These are quotes from our “Triplets” (which I believe are lies. No way you take yourself out of a game with huge implications like this. Especially on big downs).

If he got hit in the head that hard, he’d be in concussion protocol. Lie.

Really? Nothing to say about yourself or your team? The Iggles did not play “good”. You guys just played bad.

Who knows, really? Just say you played bad. What a joke. “I missed some throws” is all he can say. He missed more than a “few throws”. If he wasn’t so selfish, he would’ve tried out Cooper Rush. I know Rush sucks, but see what he can do. We were already losing, so what’s the worst that could happen at that point?

Completely ignoring their performance less than 5 minutes ago. Like it was nothing. They wouldn’t have to have a “must win” against the Commanders if they handled business like they were supposed to tonight. But no. What an idiot. He probably doesn’t even know the Eagles have to lose next week to go to the playoffs. No accountability here. Just riding on false hope and faith.

Really? A team that scores no TD’s played hard? What an idiot. This truly shows that the terribleness starts at the top. How dumb can you be? On what metric did this team play hard? Jones must’ve watched form an alternate universe.

I know everyone likes to say, “Our coaches suck!” “We lack leadership!”. There is NO WAY you ignore the lack of accountability, effort, and will of our players. I know Bill Belichick said “No player can overcome bad coaching.” However, one can obviously see this team lacks the effort and will. The fact that these players need motivation from their HC speaks volumes. They are grown men who have played football for basically their entire lives. Relying on the coaching staff for that is ridiculous. I’m tired of these players getting off easy. This team desperately needs new coaching, but to say the players don’t need changing as well is asinine. Rant over.

Don't forget Maher saying he was going to be sleeping great after kicking like crap.

And who could forget Jaylon "El Matador" pimping for Pro Bowl votes after playing like hot garbage all year.

The culture of this team is toxic. Everyone believes themselves to be unaccountable despite their horrid results : a GM that hasn't built a winning team in two decades doesn't get fired. A coach who hasn't won anything of significance in ten years keeps his job. The players see this and know they can get away with half-arsed effort too.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Even Troy said that, but they still won’t listen.
Yeah, just like Troy sucked his last 4 years as a Cowboy. Funny how he forgets that. He couldn't even reach 60% completion percentage passing in each of those 4 seasons (along with his first 2 career seasons), yet he's complaining? Mr. "You either are an accurate passer or you're not"??? lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I can't complain about Zeke. He takes some hits. He's the only tough guy on the offense.

Dak's play and decision making was alarming. When you have a 3rd and 4, why on earth do you shoot for long ball. He did it a couple times. The underneath completion is there, you just need a couple yards. Wentz knows that. But he locks on and launches. He had 1 good deep completion that he underthrew to Gallup. Average QBs make that throw in stride. TD. He overthrows Tavon "one play a year" Austin by 10 feet from a clean pocket. Throws behind people all day.
Throws 6ft out of bounds to Gallup on 3rd and short right before his 4th down chuck to end that debacle. This is it. This is how it's going to be. Dak can't win a big game. Wilts under pressure. Coach killer. I saw progress early on this year. Footwork, ball speed, decisive decisions. What a crock. Sucked me right in. Not again though. I'm off the Dak train.
Good. Stay off and keep your complaints to yourself. Worse than a whiny drama queen just like the many on here. Dak was off due to playing with an injured throwing shoulder and not practicing/throwing with it all week. Cooper Rush would have performed much worse against this Eagles defense. We all know it. It's Jerry's fault he has refused to bring in a much better quality backup QB.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Don't forget Maher saying he was going to be sleeping great after kicking like crap.

And who could forget Jaylon "El Matador" pimping for Pro Bowl votes after playing like hot garbage all year.

The culture of this team is toxic. Everyone believes themselves to be unaccountable despite their horrid results : a GM that hasn't built a winning team in two decades doesn't get fired. A coach who hasn't won anything of significance in ten years keeps his job. The players see this and know they can get away with half-arsed effort too.

Nailed it.

Accountability is of zero import in Dallas from top to bottom. Nada.

zeke21

Reaction score
Good. Stay off and keep your complaints to yourself. Worse than a whiny drama queen just like the many on here. Dak was off due to playing with an injured throwing shoulder and not practicing/throwing with it all week. Cooper Rush would have performed much worse against this Eagles defense. We all know it. It's Jerry's fault he has refused to bring in a much better quality backup QB.
Well we could have had Romo with Dak as a back up.. so that would have been a better quality backup.. oh but that is right.. we had to stick with the 'hot hand'.. hows that working out for us?

Carter

Reaction score
Cowboys are Superbowl Champions in the lame excuse department

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well we could have had Romo with Dak as a back up.. so that would have been a better quality backup.. oh but that is right.. we had to stick with the 'hot hand'.. hows that working out for us?
Romo? He wouldn't physically last half a season, and he proved it over and over again his last 2 years with the team. You're one of them achy-breaky heartaches for Romo fans, eh? lol. So sad. Romo was physically finished since 2015.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s excuses,as it as the nonchalant attitude about it that irks some. That’s the problem I have. They keep blowing off stuff which is Garrett’s mantra,and that’s fine you don’t want players stuck on that,or can’t play at all. However this “ahhh..no big deal” bit,is a big deal. Got to stop taking games and situations for granted.

Kumala808

Reaction score
Ill sleep great after they lose again next week knowing i did my best cheering this pathetic team each week. What a waste of energy and money for some damn expensive tickets to watch them lose each game i went to..