RELEASED Experiment Over; Cowboys Waive TE Rico Gathers

ShortRound

Reaction score
Brace for the diss track.

I'm glad y'all set it off!....Used to be hard now you're just wet and soft!
First you was down with Ton-ay!
And now I see you in camp with the D-A-K?
Lookin' like straight bozos!
I saw it comin'! I'd rather be solo!

I never got why Stephen's Vice President! ....I never got why Stephen's Vice President! ....I never got why Stephen's Vice President!.....

That’s cute

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Brace for the diss track.

I'm glad y'all set it off!....Used to be hard now you're just wet and soft!
First you was down with Ton-ay!
And now I see you in camp with the D-A-K?
Lookin' like straight bozos!
I saw it comin'! I'd rather be solo!

I never got why Stephen's Vice President! ....I never got why Stephen's Vice President! ....I never got why Stephen's Vice President!.....

ItzKelz

Reaction score
giphy.gif

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/experiment-over-cowboys-waive-te-rico-gathers

OXNARD, Calif. - he Cowboys have apparently seen enough of the Rico Gathers experiment, deciding to cut the tight end on Monday here at training camp.

Gathers was entering his fourth camp with the team, and had seemingly improved every year, going from the practice squad in 2016-17 to the active roster last year in 2018, when he played 15 games, including four starts.

But here at camp, Gathers hadn’t made a big impact, and also suffered a minor ankle injury that kept him out a few days........
I am assuming the Cowboys tried a trade for a 5th-rounder at least?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Rico was on a roll that first (second?) preseason until the concussion. He took forever to recover and was never the same in my opinion.
Will be interesting to see where he lands and if he can succeed with another team.

Techsass

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure you’ve regretted it since the day you drafted him, so that won’t change anything.
What's worse is that a lot of us were actually believing he might eventually learn how to play football. That's what happens when you have 1 TE for 15 years that takes all of the snaps. All of our other TEs weren't starter material, well maybe Marty B.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Unless they were interested in being laughed off the phone, I doubt they tried to move him.
I bet Belichick and his staff could have gotten more out of him.

The Jags, the Pack and Bengals are in need of TEs.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked him and really wanted to see what he could do. Glad he has an opportunity to play.
It was a combination of injury issues and slow development. I think would have stayed if it was only one or the other.

Eanwen

Reaction score
Voch is having a field day with this. :laugh:

RIP Rico. Gone too soon. :(:lmao2: