RELEASED Experiment Over; Cowboys Waive TE Rico Gathers

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
Why do you guys hate rap so much.. Im curious now to know if it was this much hate when our o-line in the past formed their own rock band. Is it only a problem when players like to make rap music during their free time.. or is it just players making any kind of music during their free time. Can someone help me out here?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I would love to see them try to get that blood out of this turnip.

Presumptuous bloke. If Rico, by chance, gets picked up, then we can ruminate on what could have been. For now, bathe in your waters of self-assurance

Eanwen

Reaction score
Why do you guys hate rap so much.. Im curious now to know if it was this much hate when our o-line in the past formed their own rock band. Is it only a problem when players like to make rap music during their free time.. or is it just players making any kind of music during their free time. Can someone help me out here?

I can't speak for these other guys. I honestly don't care what players do in terms of rap or social media.
I have to say though that while I was a huge fan of rap in the 20th century I hate with a passion what the new guys are doing. The thought occurs to me though that I'm now older than my dad was when we had a similar convo so maybe I'm just doing the "old people hate young people's music" thing.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Sometimes in a situation like this I’d worry about someone like the Eagles picking him up just to maybe learn some of the finer points of the Dallas offense (insert Linehan joke here). But Rico never knew the offense so...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Lower level roster players need to focus on football first. That should be their primary focus. Selvie at least worked at his football craft before going into his side gig. I guess you could say the same for Beasley.

Reactions: CWR

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I can't speak for these other guys. I honestly don't care what players do in terms of rap or social media.
I have to say though that while I was a huge fan of rap in the 20th century I hate with a passion what the new guys are doing. The thought occurs to me though that I'm now older than my dad was when we had a similar convo so maybe I'm just doing the "old people hate young people's music" thing.

I miss gangster rap... Everyone is old now :(

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Sometimes in a situation like this I’d worry about someone like the Eagles picking him up just to maybe learn some of the finer points of the Dallas offense (insert Linehan joke here). But Rico never knew the offense so...
All of this fear about a team like the Eagles or Patriots picking him up is laughable. They don't have time for the hassle he brings.

Nobody wants a project who thinks he is a celebrity.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
When Rico showed up to Camp at 292lbs last year, twenty pounds heavier he wasn't going to make it as a tightend..

CWR

Reaction score
Lower level roster players need to focus on football first. That should be their primary focus. Selvie at least worked at his football craft before going into his side gig. I guess you could say the same for Beasley.

This^, which I thought was obvious. When you are dominant you can rap, yodel, sing opra, head bang or play the flute. I really dont give a damn, but when you are a mediocre player it all seems like a distraction. Fans expect players to be as passionate about the team as they are. Thats probably not fair, but its the truth.

scottsp

Reaction score
One of the more storied three-catch careers I’ll ever hear of. It’s three more than I have, and I’d be shocked if he ever moves off that total. It’s not Bigfoot, but this myth of a “nightmare matchup” was a bit much to take.