Experts flip flopping

DanA

Reaction score
I'm quite enjoying the mental gymnastics of Voch Lombardi, Jeff Cavanaugh, and Bryan Broddus. They all hated our draft and for some reason completely unclear to me, massively downplayed Micah Parson's ability. Now they're having to flip flop because they know people will only listen to them if they are excited.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
First off, I don’t spend anywhere NEAR as much time watching these clowns as I used to do, and their opinions mean less than nothing, because the vast majority are only interested in manufacturing drama for click$. That said, I find the flip flop nature of their “enlightened” views as hilarious. Take our schedule, which they like to call easy. It almost seems like they see success coming and want to downplay it. Others are pointing out our last six games—cold weather, full of intense divisional matchups, and our old OL showing late season wear and tear—a daunting vision. Then there’s guys like Cowherd. One day, Dallas stinks, the next day, a turnaround is imminent. Dallas as a dumpster fire is a bestseller.

Just thought it amusing.
You are easily amused/irritated.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Take heart -- there's a new sheriff in town, known as Dan Quinn. Get to know him and the defense he'll be charged to help, before judging the team as a whole. Also, pray Big Mike finds a way to revamp his legacy in the year ahead . . . i.e., hang in there, folks and enjoy the ride! ;)

Last edited:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
What exactly makes them "experts"?!
I'll tell you. A paycheck. The fans have more knowledge than any of these media heads. BOOM!
If I posted a thread for everything that "meant less than nothing" to me, I'd be banned.
o_O
It's still a mystery to many, you're not!

ESisback

Reaction score
What exactly makes them "experts"?!
I'll tell you. A paycheck. The fans have more knowledge than any of these media heads. BOOM! o_O
It's still a mystery to many, you're not!

Well, SOME fans, anyway! Some people that post here are SO knowledgeable about personnel they should work for Jerry!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All of these people entering any sports talk programming, radio, TV or internet, learn one word quickly from the program directors and directors and it's the same word program directors use with morning show talent, compelling. It is the single most important element for their success.

Once upon a time, they used Q Factor Research to gauge the level of "likability" before putting someone on the air but now that has changed. Doesn't matter whether you like someone like Bayless, Sharpe, Smith or Cowherd, only that you watch them. Look at how many clips are posted by posters here of people they do not like. They are not only compelled to watch but compelled to share them with others. "Here, hate this guy with me".

However, it is important to stay in the role one is known for and not break out. It is going to be most interesting this season with Bradshaw calling Rodgers "dumb as a box or rocks", don't think we've heard the last of this. Bradshaw should have said "Rodgers couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the t" that Hollywood used about him, much funnier.

ESisback

Reaction score
All of these people entering any sports talk programming, radio, TV or internet, learn one word quickly from the program directors and directors and it's the same word program directors use with morning show talent, compelling. It is the single most important element for their success.

Once upon a time, they used Q Factor Research to gauge the level of "likability" before putting someone on the air but now that has changed. Doesn't matter whether you like someone like Bayless, Sharpe, Smith or Cowherd, only that you watch them. Look at how many clips are posted by posters here of people they do not like. They are not only compelled to watch but compelled to share them with others. "Here, hate this guy with me".

However, it is important to stay in the role one is known for and not break out. It is going to be most interesting this season with Bradshaw calling Rodgers "dumb as a box or rocks", don't think we've heard the last of this. Bradshaw should have said "Rodgers couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the c and the t" that Hollywood used about him, much funnier.

Skippy, SAS, Horseface, and Kellerman are consistently cartoonish, one homer and three hater$, and they stick to their roles like glue. Horseface is so devoted to Lebron, that one wonders if they’re secretly married. Cowherd is known for flip flopping.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
It'll be refreshing when people can form their own opinions instead of listening to clueless experts.

Cebrin

Reaction score
First off, I don’t spend anywhere NEAR as much time watching these clowns as I used to do, and their opinions mean less than nothing, because the vast majority are only interested in manufacturing drama for click$. That said, I find the flip flop nature of their “enlightened” views as hilarious. Take our schedule, which they like to call easy. It almost seems like they see success coming and want to downplay it. Others are pointing out our last six games—cold weather, full of intense divisional matchups, and our old OL showing late season wear and tear—a daunting vision. Then there’s guys like Cowherd. One day, Dallas stinks, the next day, a turnaround is imminent. Dallas as a dumpster fire is a bestseller.

Just thought it amusing.
If they're experts, I have some ocean front property in Arizona I can sell you. I bought it from George Strait. Beautiful piece of land. Never gets hotter than 80 degrees.

ESisback

Reaction score
If they're experts, I have some ocean front property in Arizona I can sell you. I bought it from George Strait. Beautiful piece of land. Never gets hotter than 80 degrees.
Spittin’ coffee!

kskboys

Reaction score

Just thought it amusing.
Well, in that one, I'd have to agree that Cowherdy is spot on w/ the schizophrenic nature of this Ego run org!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
You have to keep in mind, many of these talking heads work with a room full of producers who script much of the narrative to be discussed. It's about ratings, not accuracy. The Cowboys are one of the most polarizing teams in professional sports. Hating on the Boys brings all the eyes to the show.
Yup.

Cowherd is laughing behind the scenes at his boss's orders to flipflop, and watch Dallas fans lose their minds!!!!!