Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon... At Least Dozens Injured

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Explosion reported near finish line of Boston Marathon, spokesman says

The Boston Marathon headquarters has been locked down after two explosions were reported near the finish line, a spokesman told Reuters.
Witnesses reportedly heard two booms near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel that sounded like two claps of thunder.
The Associated Press says there are reports of injuries.

More

"Missing limbs of many victims"

More from Twitter

Video Report

Trendnet

Reaction score
trickblue;5048631 said:
Explosion reported near finish line of Boston Marathon, spokesman says

The Boston Marathon headquarters has been locked down after two explosions were reported near the finish line, a spokesman told Reuters.
Witnesses reportedly heard two booms near the finish line inside the Fairmount Copley Plaza Hotel that sounded like two claps of thunder.
The Associated Press says there are reports of injuries.

More

"Missing limbs of many victims"

More from Twitter

Video Report

Just saw this... ******** has video and pictures. Won't post the link. Crazy. Crazy, Crazy.

DFWJC

Reaction score
crazy world out there.

I see one report that says 1/2 dozen injured and another that says at least 3 dead.
Any updates?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Trendnet;5048638 said:
Just saw this... ******** has video and pictures. Won't post the link. Crazy. Crazy, Crazy.

They are pretty gruesome...

Here is the one that isn't...

original.jpg

Lodeus

Reaction score
Seeing on twitter there could be three fatalities.

Could this be gas line explosions or something? Don't mean to sound ignorant but I am not familiar with what that looks like.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lodeus;5048653 said:

Could this be gas line explosions or something? Don't mean to sound ignorant but I am not familiar with what that looks like.

Looks like a cloud from an ID. It is too coincidental to have two explosions at the finish line IMO.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Prayers to all involved. I have a friend that ran it but already left. I'm assuming with 2 explosions within 15 seconds and in the finish proximity is something that was planted.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Lodeus;5048653 said:

I'd be shocked if these were not planted bombs. Could be wrong though.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Supposedly, the cops found a third device and detonated it in a controlled manner. That almost certainly rules out an accidental explosion.

Questfor6

Reaction score
This is just pathetic, stuff like this makes me never want to go anywhere near big event ever again. I went to NYC for New Years a couple of years ago and had that "what if" in the back of my mind the whole time, and we shouldn't have to have that "what if" when we want to go out and experience the world. This is just sad my heart breaks for all involved, I had a friend who's cousin was running in it and he was pretty frantic on social media, luckily his cousin was a half-mile away.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
AFAIK, Boston is the oldest of the marathons and over a century old.

For those not into running, the most prestigious - nearly every marathon states if they are 'BQ' (Boston Qualified)

The turnout by the 1970's was so great on their narrow streets, they started to screen out by qualifying times in previous marathons...it's constantly changing by age and gender. If you finish fast enough, you qualify to run in the next Boston Marathon. If you qualify for Boston, there is no doubt you are fit...some marathons allow up to eight hours to finish - a speed walking pace.

I suspect this will severely mess up who runs next year - do you let the runners stopped after the explosion another chance? Of course, the focus is the 22+ injured and two killed - my prayers go out to them.

Even if it turns out to be a terroristic act - I go in a heartbeat next year.

Lodeus

Reaction score
Seeing reports on an explosion or fire at JFK Library. Seems it might be unrelated.

Lodeus

Reaction score
NBC Nightly News ‏@nbcnightlynews 26m
BREAKING: Small homemade bomb is preliminary cause of explosion at Boston Marathon, law enforcement officials tell NBC News

Questfor6

Reaction score
Future;5048687 said:
where are you seeing that?

It's all over CNN and twitter, 1 was at the Mandarin Hotel and I believe I read the other was at the JFK Library.