Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon... At Least Dozens Injured

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
A marathon that represents people from all over the world and all walks of life. What would that type of destruction accomplish in even the sickest of minds?

DFWJC

Reaction score
dexternjack;5048683 said:
Two more devices found, definitely terrorism.
Saw that too.
They are supposedly taking apart the remaining two.
I think that is four bombs in total.

I've been checking between the CNN , Fox and others.
Fox so far has been about 20-30 minutes ahead for whatever reason. They are getting interviews and even staing the race number and name of each witness. They are say 2 more devicves are "reportedly" found. That's different when they said very early on that least two had been killed.

In any case, this terrible stuff.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
dexternjack;5048692 said:
On CNN, now three devices have been found.
Hmm, must be on TV? I'm on the CNN website and there hasn't been anything about that yet.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Apparently something has happened at the JFK Library because a fire has broke out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Future;5048701 said:
Hmm, must be on TV? I'm on the CNN website and there hasn't been anything about that yet.
CNN is running about 20-30 minutes behind for some reason.

They were saying 1/2 dozen hurt when others were saying 2 dead and nearly 2 dozen injured.
Kind of unusual, but maybe they didn't have someone at the finish line (or that person got hurt).

visionary

Reaction score
Joe Rod;5048696 said:
A marathon that represents people from all over the world and all walks of life. What would that type of destruction accomplish in even the sickest of minds?

absolutely agree

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Speculation will be going crazy on who did this, but there are two scenarios in play at this time:

1. Al Queda-multiple bombs in sequence is their signature

2. Some anti-gov whacko/s making a statement on Patriots day/Tax day

Number one is a stretch to me, these bombs had ball-bearings in them, that screams novice.

Totally sad situation and the terrorists must be found.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Joe Rod;5048696 said:
They really don't care.
Same as subway bombings in UK, etc. Multinational deaths and the killers just don't really care.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Joe Rod;5048696 said:
It's still an American institution, I doubt the person/ppl involved thought as cerebrally as that.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unofficially, they have a suspect being guarded a Boston hospital who was injured during the explosion. Surveillance shows him bringing in multiple backpacks 20 minutes prior.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Update says
2 dead, at least 28 injured, and 6 very critical

DFWJC

Reaction score
It sounds the it was a bomb at the JFK library.

Could be domestic. We'll see.
But adding it up

Boston (tea party was anti tax),
on
Tax Day

then JFK Library. But if this is true, the moron didn't look up the fact that JFK lowered taxes.

And then again, it could have been anyone

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"@BillyCorben: Via @JFKLibrary: "Fire is out, appears to have started in mechanical room of new building. All staff & visitors are accounted for & safe.""

"@BillyCorben: Via @JFKLibrary: "Investigators are investigating. Any tie to Boston Marathon explosions is pure speculation.""

Doomsay

Reaction score
Looks pretty amateurish, thank god more people were killed given the high and tight concentrations. I've run a lot of corporate challenge races there, it's pretty tight in the start/finish areas.