Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon... At Least Dozens Injured

bounce

Reaction score
dexternjack;5048714 said:
Speculation will be going crazy on who did this, but there are two scenarios in play at this time:

1. Al Queda-multiple bombs in sequence is their signature

2. Some anti-gov whacko/s making a statement on Patriots day/Tax day

Number one is a stretch to me, these bombs had ball-bearings in them, that screams novice.

Totally sad situation and the terrorists must be found.

More facts will come out, but my first thoughts are...

1 - Al Qaeda and terrorists generally attack crowds to harm innocent people, as many as they can.

2 - Anti-gov whack jobs normally attack federal buildings.

I don't think this would be an anti-gov attack, because they're not against the 'people,' they're against 'the man.'

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
bounce;5048941 said:
More facts will come out, but my first thoughts are...

1 - Al Qaeda and terrorists generally attack crowds to harm innocent people, as many as they can.

2 - Anti-gov whack jobs normally attack federal buildings.

I don't think this would be an anti-gov attack, because they're not against the 'people,' they're against 'the man.'

I'm still betting this was a domestic job.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The latest

At least three dead, 130 injured after bombs explode at Boston Marathon

At least 130 people are injured and three dead after two bombs exploded near the finish line of the Boston Marathon Monday afternoon. The injuries include dismemberment, witnesses said, and local hospitals say they are treating shrapnel wounds, open fractures and limb injuries. An eight-year-old boy is one of the three known dead, multiple news outlets reported, and several of the injured are also children.

At a Monday night press conference, Gov. Deval Patrick urged Bostonians to be vigilant on their morning commute Tuesday, and to report any suspicious packages to the police. The FBI has officially taken over the investigation, and is treating it as a potential terrorist attack.

Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis stressed that the police had no suspect in custody yet. "I'm not prepared to say we are at ease at this time," Davis said, when asked if the area was safe. Authorities found and dismantled five more more explosive devices in the area, according to The Wall Street Journal.

"This cowardly act will not be taken in stride," Davis said. "We will turn over every rock to find out who is responsible.''

More: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/dozens-people-injured-explosion-boston-marathon-190955311.html

Sean50Lee

Reaction score
Sending prayers to everyone in Boston.... It's a crazy world out here. "Some Men Just Want To Watch The World Burn" Alfred Pennyworth

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;5048944 said:
I'm still betting this was a domestic job.

I think so too, if it had been a sophisticated set-up and killed a lot people I would think more of a foreign terrorist.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Latest news....I hear the FBI/Police/ATF and other agencies have unleashed fury on an apartment complex on the North side. Heli's are there with maybe 100 law enforcement officials.

I am clueless as to whats going on there, just a rumor(I think credible), but hopefully this is where the suspects meet their fate.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
MonsterD;5049019 said:
I think so too, if it had been a sophisticated set-up and killed a lot people I would think more of a foreign terrorist.

They have a Saudi national in custody, but he was tackled by someone who thought he looked suspicious. Doubtful, imo.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
dexternjack;5049029 said:
Latest news....I hear the FBI/Police/ATF and other agencies have unleashed fury on an apartment complex on the North side. Heli's are there with maybe 100 law enforcement officials.

I am clueless as to whats going on there, just a rumor(I think credible), but hopefully this is where the suspects meet their fate.

Source or link? Not doubting--just curious.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CowboyMcCoy;5049034 said:
Source or link? Not doubting--just curious.

Big Police Presence For Search Warrant In Revere, Mass., According To Reports
News reports from Revere, Mass., said a large police presence was focused on an apartment complex in the Northeast Boston suburb in the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombings.

A Boston Fox News affiliate reported that police officers pulled over a person of interest who was seen "driving past the State Police barracks a number of times." CBS affiliate WBZ-TV reported that an apartment was the target of a search warrant, and that federal agents, firefighters, and local authorities were on the scene.

The Boston Herald reported that the uniformed officers in Revere included members of the FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and Homeland Security. The officers did not speak to reporters on site.

-- Christina Wilkie

Both now. I don't know what came of it yet.

In other news, a nice sentiment:

Football Player Offers To Honor Victims
@ DannyAmendola : I will DONATE $100 for EVERY pass I catch next season to whatever "Boston Marathon Relief Fund" there is. And $200 for any dropped pass.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
dexternjack;5049045 said:
Big Police Presence For Search Warrant In Revere, Mass., According To Reports
News reports from Revere, Mass., said a large police presence was focused on an apartment complex in the Northeast Boston suburb in the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombings.

A Boston Fox News affiliate reported that police officers pulled over a person of interest who was seen "driving past the State Police barracks a number of times." CBS affiliate WBZ-TV reported that an apartment was the target of a search warrant, and that federal agents, firefighters, and local authorities were on the scene.

The Boston Herald reported that the uniformed officers in Revere included members of the FBI, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and Homeland Security. The officers did not speak to reporters on site.

-- Christina Wilkie

Both now. I don't know what came of it yet.

In other news, a nice sentiment:

Football Player Offers To Honor Victims
@ DannyAmendola : I will DONATE $100 for EVERY pass I catch next season to whatever "Boston Marathon Relief Fund" there is. And $200 for any dropped pass.

Thanks, and we missed the bus on Amendola. I remember them mocking me for wanting him, too. LOL

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;5049031 said:
They have a Saudi national in custody, but he was tackled by someone who thought he looked suspicious. Doubtful, imo.

He's not in custody actually, but this just brings up another whole set of issues.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
RoyTheHammer;5049048 said:
He's not in custody actually, but this just brings up another whole set of issues.

The "he looks foreign, get 'em!" issue?

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
DanteEXT;5049070 said:
The "he looks foreign, get 'em!" issue?

Seems that way. I'd like to know what the "acting suspicious" really meant. From all the reports I read, the only thing I can gather that actually happened was that he was running away from the blast (like pretty much everyone else) and also that he was severely injured (also like many people were).

bounce

Reaction score
The profiling vigilantes are dangerous after instances like this. It was dangerous to walk around NYC (or anywhere) as anything other than pure white following 9/11.

I have a feeling Boston will be the same for a while.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
The most dangerous stuff right know is the bad information and half truths that are being spread. Just realize most of want you are hearing is maybe 1/6th factional. Even eye witness accounts will be flawed. You can imagine how bad the media is screwing it up in the name of putting something on the news.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Just be careful and walk the line that keeps this out of political and racial bounds. Thanks

Phoenix

Reaction score
I'm just kind of feeling sorry for the poor guy who happened to be on a rooftop near the 2nd explosion...suddenly he's the "mystery man on the roof".

Wow.