Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon... At Least Dozens Injured

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Anyone see the interviews with this guy?

1_article_photo.jpg

I had seem him walking beside one of the victims but didn't notice what was going on at first.

It wasn't until I saw another picture from another angle that was cropped because of how gruesome it was that you could see it. The guy in the wheel chair has lost both his legs and he's looking very pale, you've probably seen the cropped versions.

Anyway, he's walking beside the guy in a wheel chair and in his hand he has what looks to be a major artery (guessing femoral) and he's basically squeezing it shut so the guy doesn't bleed out right then and there.

Just unreal. Pretty sure that guy lived, too. Guy saved his life.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all of you who have been posting videos and pictures. I hope those two are caught soon. Colbert and the Bruins videos were awesome.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
There's a post on reddit that has a link to a story about a guy who went missing from Brown University a couple weeks ago.

Guess some of the people over there think that he looks like the guy in the white hat.

Supposedly the FBI has already searched his computer while looking for clues as to his whereabouts in relation to him just disappearing all of a sudden and not because they think he might be a suspect in the bombing.

Just an interesting angle.

The whole thing playing out on the web is kind of crazy. You have people submitting photos that they have on their cameras and it's likely going to pick up steam as more people sort through their pictures.

jimmy40

Reaction score
I can't help but think of these guys when I see the suspect's picture
575633_1302887035089_464_300.jpg

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speedkilz88;5050993 said:
That was a different kid WG. If you google for boston marathon suspects there are pics of two other guys that were given out I think this morning by a media outlet. Those were not the guys.

Here: (Wrong Guys)
suspect--525x415.jpg

arrested-suspect-photos-boston-bombing-1.jpg
Yeah, I guess those are the guys..

REVERE, Mass. (AP) — A teenager said he is scared to go outside after he was portrayed on the Internet and on the front page of the New York Post as connected to the Boston Marathon bombings.

Photos of Salah Eddin Barhoum, 17, and friend Yassine Zaime were posted on websites whose users have been scouring marathon finish line photos for suspects. The two were also on the Post's front Thursday with the headline: "Bag men: Feds seek these two pictured at Boston Marathon."

The Post reported later Thursday that the men weren't considered suspects, and the FBI has since identified two other men as suspects in the bombings Monday that killed three and injured more than 180.

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-stunned-portrayal-bombing-suspect-214638314.html

LehighCowboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;5051256 said:
Yeah, I guess those are the guys..

REVERE, Mass. (AP) — A teenager said he is scared to go outside after he was portrayed on the Internet and on the front page of the New York Post as connected to the Boston Marathon bombings.

Photos of Salah Eddin Barhoum, 17, and friend Yassine Zaime were posted on websites whose users have been scouring marathon finish line photos for suspects. The two were also on the Post's front Thursday with the headline: "Bag men: Feds seek these two pictured at Boston Marathon."

The Post reported later Thursday that the men weren't considered suspects, and the FBI has since identified two other men as suspects in the bombings Monday that killed three and injured more than 180.

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-stunned-portrayal-bombing-suspect-214638314.html

I smell a lawsuit brewing. And rightfully so - irresponsible journalism at its finest.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Hoofbite;5051045 said:
Anyone see the interviews with this guy?

1_article_photo.jpg

I had seem him walking beside one of the victims but didn't notice what was going on at first.

It wasn't until I saw another picture from another angle that was cropped because of how gruesome it was that you could see it. The guy in the wheel chair has lost both his legs and he's looking very pale, you've probably seen the cropped versions.

Anyway, he's walking beside the guy in a wheel chair and in his hand he has what looks to be a major artery (guessing femoral) and he's basically squeezing it shut so the guy doesn't bleed out right then and there.

Just unreal. Pretty sure that guy lived, too. Guy saved his life.

That's amazing. This world is filled with all different types of people. Some really make me wonder about humanity. Guys like this restore my faith.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
LehighCowboy;5051272 said:
I smell a lawsuit brewing. And rightfully so - irresponsible journalism at its finest.

Yup.. exactly what I was saying a couple pages ago.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;5051293 said:
That's amazing. This world is filled with all different types of people. Some really make me wonder about humanity. Guys like this restore my faith.

Wanna hear more amazing? That guy in the wheelchair is the guy who gave the FBI their lead in who to ID.

Minutes before the bombs blew up in Boston, Jeff Bauman looked into the eyes of the man who tried to kill him. Just before 3 p.m. on April 15, Bauman was waiting among the crowd for his girlfriend to cross the finish line at the Boston Marathon. A man wearing a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt looked at Jeff, 27, and dropped a bag at his feet, his brother, Chris Bauman, said in an interview. Two and a half minutes later, the bag exploded, tearing Jeff’s legs apart. A picture of him in a wheelchair, bloodied and ashen, was broadcast around the world as he was rushed to Boston Medical Center. He lost both legs below the knee. “He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, ‘bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,’” Chris Bauman said yesterday in an interview. While still in intensive care, Jeff Bauman gave the FBI a description of the man he saw, his brother said. Bauman’s information helped investigators narrow down whom to look for in hours of video of the attack, he said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...n-iconic-photo-helped-identify-attackers.html

That guy not only saved that dude's life, he may ultimately be the person that gave the FBI their lead so quickly on this case by preventing the key witness from bleeding out.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score

pjtoadie

Well known member
Reaction score
The suspect in the white hat (lower left) you can see running from the explosions with no backpack

I1dF69f.jpg

In this pic you can see the suspect and the backpack on the ground. The 8 year old boy that died is circled in blue.

1366336110317.jpg

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
pjtoadie;5051361 said:
The suspect in the white hat (lower left) you can see running from the explosions with no backpack

In this pic you can see the suspect and the backpack on the ground. The 8 year old boy that died is circled in blue.

Scumbag sees kids there, drops the bag anyways, and runs away smiling. :bang2: