Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon... At Least Dozens Injured

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
RastaRocket;5050179 said:
What is going on? Ricin sent to Obama and somebody else (forget who), bomb threat on my campus today, and now this...

I heard about a legislator receiving ricin this morning, but didn't know about Obama. That's pretty cool, actually. But I'm not sure I really believe someone is really doing this the way it's being reported. If they are, then not only are they stupid, but so is everyone else who is supposedly trying to catch them.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;5050192 said:
I heard about a legislator receiving ricin this morning, but didn't know about Obama. That's pretty cool, actually. But I'm not sure I really believe someone is really doing this the way it's being reported. If they are, then not only are they stupid, but so is everyone else who is supposedly trying to catch them.

How is that cool? How is sending poison to someone cool?

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
CowboyStar88;5050194 said:
How is that cool? How is sending poison to someone cool?

I just meant it was like on the movies where they sent the president anthrax or something--not that it's actually cool that it's happening to Obama, of course.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;5050195 said:
I just meant it was like on the movies where they sent the president anthrax or something--not that it's actually cool that it's happening to Obama, of course.

I was like wait huh? This whole thing is crazy and it does sound like some organization is behind the whole thing.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CowboyMcCoy;5050190 said:
Those pictures posted earlier are worthless. They have some of the "same" guy, but he has on different pants. Then they go on to circle about 8 "suspects". What a joke.

They are not worthless, it is a start after all. They may or may not be the suspects but photos like these are what is going to bring justice eventually.

All I know, is if I was being pointed at online like these guys and I was innocent, I would be the first one to go to the police to prove it wasn't me.

These guys were at the event, so I am sure they are following the stories very closely and do know that they are being shown across the internet. Not one of them speaking up says volumes in my book. Stand up and show innocence, not remain hidden. Maybe they have stepped up, I don't know.

Point being, show my mug everywhere, I would be seen on TV ASAP to refute this before the witch-hunt gets worse.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
CowboyStar88;5050199 said:
I was like wait huh? This whole thing is crazy and it does sound like some organization is behind the whole thing.

Sounds like somebody who watched too much Breaking Bad.

Nation

Reaction score
Bruins hosted the first sporting event in Boston since the bombing, pregame video and National Anthem are worth sharing.

[youtube]MUr0Y3kAiBw[/youtube]

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
HoustonFrog;5050155 said:
Speaking of the internet age and people jumping to conclusions....

I saw a piece last night where the commentator was saying that his grandkids will grow up never knowing what it feels to walk around safely like he did as a kid. That started me thinking about growing up in the 70s-80s and riding my bike 5 miles to the mall or to a fireworks stand in Benbrook, miles away. Or how my Mom would drop me and a friend off at a golf course at 8 am and pick us up at sunset. We would have a group of us that had BB guns, walk to the creek, shoot stuff, etc. Not once do I remember a fear of so many bad things...at school, home, the mall, etc.

Actually there have been several studies proving that we live in much safer times now than in the 70s and 80s. In fact we are close to the level of crime in the early 60s. It was far more dangerous when you were a kid, not to mention technology helps out way more in favor of safety than a violent crime.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
MonsterD;5050524 said:
Actually there have been several studies proving that we live in much safer times now than in the 70s and 80s. In fact we are close to the level of crime in the early 60s. It was far more dangerous when you were a kid, not to mention technology helps out way more in favor of safety than a violent crime.

Crime is down and you are right, despite paranoia etc, we are safer today than before.

If that explosion near Waco was not a freak event, then it is clear, the events this week are to commemorate the Waco events of April 1993.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
Nation;5050406 said:
Bruins hosted the first sporting event in Boston since the bombing, pregame video and National Anthem are worth sharing.

[youtube]MUr0Y3kAiBw[/youtube]

The crowd all joining in on the National Anthem was great!

I did get a chuckle how clearly you can hear that accent come through..."Whose broad stripes and bright ST-AHHS...", "O'er the RAM-PAHHHTS still there...".

:)

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;5050846 said:
The crowd all joining in on the National Anthem was great!

I agree, it was!!

I would love it, if from now on, at every sporting event, .. the entire crowd sang the National Anthem, instead of one person singing and changing it to their own version, as if they were at an audition.

Nothing is better than each of us singing it all together like they did here.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
suspect-2-profile-view-circled-high-res

suspect-1-and-suspect-2-zoomed-in

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Kind of a crappy surveillance system.

Shots looks decent enough. I bet there'll be more video coming out soon from people who have footage they shot themselves.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
speedkilz88;5050952 said:

speedkilz88;5050963 said:
[youtube]M80DXI932OE#![/youtube]
I think the kid in the white hat has gone to the police to indicate that he's not the guy. He was just there to watch the marathon.

Can't find the article at the moment, tho..

Hoofbite

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;5050986 said:
I think the kid in the white hat has gone to the police to indicate that he's not the guy. He was just there to watch the marathon.

Can't find the article at the moment, tho..

Hard to imagine he'd still be a suspect at this moment if that was the case.

Sure you aren't referring to one of the 10 or so people that 4chan sniffed out and started posting online as possible suspects?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
That was a different kid WG. If you google for boston marathon suspects there are pics of two other guys that were given out I think this morning by a media outlet. Those were not the guys.

Here: (Wrong Guys)
suspect--525x415.jpg

arrested-suspect-photos-boston-bombing-1.jpg