Explosions Near Finish Line of Boston Marathon... At Least Dozens Injured

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now they are saying no arrest. CNN even said an official confirmed it. Reporters have to be the first to get it out there, way to jump the gun again :(

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
bounce;5050097 said:
I'm just concerned that someone is going to be Richard Jewelled in this case. He was the security guard who was a suspect in the Olympic Park bombing in '96, and later found to be totally innocent. Might as well have been guilty, though, for all the public backlash he got.

4Chan are already plastering photos on the web of people's faces and essentially accusing them of terrorism because they 'look suspicious.' They point out people that happen to be looking another direction, or have a hat on, or look to have something heavy in their bag.

That is always a legitimate concern.

They need to follow some protocol of professionalism.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
dexternjack;5050100 said:
Now they are saying no arrest. CNN even said an official confirmed it. Reporters have to be the first to get it out there, way to jump the gun again :(

Journalism has gone down the toilet like many other things in this country, .. whatever happened to "3 confirmed sources"?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would bet they know who did this by now, they might even have "eyes" on him at this point. They could be waiting for more evidence to come in or the suspect to contact his helpers, if any.

There are multiple reasons to hold off for a bit longer, but I suspect they know exactly where he is now. Once the ducks all line up, the police will make their move.

IMO, an arrest or two will be made by the end of the day.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
dexternjack;5050127 said:
I would bet they know who did this by now, they might even have "eyes" on him at this point.

That would be great, I hope you are right.

But I think it would be difficult to have found out who did this within 48 hours.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
WV Cowboy;5050135 said:
That would be great, I hope you are right.

But I think it would be difficult to have found out who did this within 48 hours.

48 hours and with the technology today, anything is possible.

Heh, you said 24 hours initially

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dexternjack;5050127 said:
I would bet they know who did this by now, they might even have "eyes" on him at this point. They could be waiting for more evidence to come in or the suspect to contact his helpers, if any.

There are multiple reasons to hold off for a bit longer, but I suspect they know exactly where he is now. Once the ducks all line up, the police will make their move.

IMO, an arrest or two will be made by the end of the day.

I hope that is the case, police have to get it right the 1st time do not make techincal mistakes that a good defense lawyer can use to get this thug off the hot seat. I have seen cases in the past because of sloppy work by the police lead to the suspect being set free

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;5050124 said:
I'm thinking more 'lack of integrity', than the internet.

Although they could be one in the same.
Agreed.

The internet makes it easier for people to report "news" without having any journalistic integrity. The decision to do so is still completely human though.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Speaking of the internet age and people jumping to conclusions....

I saw a piece last night where the commentator was saying that his grandkids will grow up never knowing what it feels to walk around safely like he did as a kid. That started me thinking about growing up in the 70s-80s and riding my bike 5 miles to the mall or to a fireworks stand in Benbrook, miles away. Or how my Mom would drop me and a friend off at a golf course at 8 am and pick us up at sunset. We would have a group of us that had BB guns, walk to the creek, shoot stuff, etc. Not once do I remember a fear of so many bad things...at school, home, the mall, etc.

I think the internet, as much as its a blessing, has really hurt too. Back then, you read the paper for news and in general, people didn't have access to so much information or different ways to communicate with people. Sure, there were bad things going on, but it didn't seem as prevalent as now...at least as large scale. Now we see online bullying, instructions of how to make bombs, chat rooms where people can talk of any subject..no matter how nuts. At times, its an oversaturation of information...like we get in sports. I know those decades weren't perfect, just like the 50s weren't for my parents. But they seems a long ways from now where every psycho out there has decided to take every slight and turn it into vengeance. Just hope my children get to see improvements in all that is going on now and that they don't have to deal with this stuff.

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/security-offi...lear-boston-courthouse-191248734--sector.html

Security officers order staff, media to clear Boston courthouse

BOSTON (Reuters) - Security officials on Wednesday ordered staff, media and attorneys to evacuate Boston's federal courthouse, according to a Reuters reporter on the scene.

Scores of people could be seen leaving the building. No further details were immediately available.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
joseephuss;5050169 said:
http://news.yahoo.com/security-offi...lear-boston-courthouse-191248734--sector.html

BOSTON (Reuters) - Security officials on Wednesday ordered staff, media and attorneys to evacuate Boston's federal courthouse, according to a Reuters reporter on the scene.

Scores of people could be seen leaving the building. No further details were immediately available.

What is going on? Ricin sent to Obama and somebody else (forget who), bomb threat on my campus today, and now this...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
joseephuss;5050169 said:

Supposedly that story was about a tweet hoax.

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Those pictures posted earlier are worthless. They have some of the "same" guy, but he has on different pants. Then they go on to circle about 8 "suspects". What a joke.