Twitter: Extension Elliott looking for would exceed Gurley's 4yr $57.5 million deal

aaev84

Reaction score
Zeke is widely considered a top 3 RB in the NFL. He is even a good argument for the best RB in the NFL. Where is Dak considered exactly among his position? With Zeke, a 4 to 5 year deal reasonably fits in as prime years for him performance wise. Dak has longevity on his side based on the position he plays to be rewarded handsomely over his entire career... considering he can play at a decent or better level. honestly Zeke, Jaylon, and Amari should be the priorities. We saw how Dak was without a WR1. Even with an ascending defense. He has a great supporting cast and he complements it pretty well and the team respects him. Dont break up that formula.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Does he want to be paid huge money? Of course he does.

Is he probably the best RB in the NFL? Yes, he is.

Should we give him all that lovely money? No, we should not.

A QB is more than half your offense so if you get an above average one you have to pay them the farm. A RB has a short lifespan at the top of their game and have much less impact anyway.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Zeke is widely considered a top 3 RB in the NFL. He is even a good argument for the best RB in the NFL. Where is Dak considered exactly among his position? With Zeke, a 4 to 5 year deal reasonably fits in as prime years for him performance wise. Dak has longevity on his side based on the position he plays to be rewarded handsomely over his entire career... considering he can play at a decent or better level. honestly Zeke, Jaylon, and Amari should be the priorities. We saw how Dak was without a WR1. Even with an ascending defense. He has a great supporting cast and he complements it pretty well and the team respects him. Dont break up that formula.

Where is Dak considered exactly among his position? You mean the guy who completed 70% of his passes with Cooper in the lineup, while playing behind a broken down OL that couldn't protect him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How is he dummy for wanting to be paid what he’s worth? Do you work below your value? Maybe you do. In my field ppl leave for hire paying jobs all the time.
Like I said, ...... Bye, Zeke!

I never said he shouldn't ask for a higher paycheck, but he definitely is not going to get paid as the highest paid RB in the league while in Big D. He might as well look elsewhere.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
I would too if I were him.

They are obviously going to pay him. We always do. I seriously doubt we have even looked to trade him to see what anyone would give us.

Garrett loves this btw- it is already giving him and extra year of excuses

Hadenough

Reaction score
Paying Zeke 15-17 mil a year for a guy who touches the ball more and produces more than any of the top WRs in combined yardage is a bargain.WRs get close to 20 mil. RBs are not as easy to find as people are saying. He is one of the best RBs in the league and is one of the top productive offensive players in the league. Unlike our QB who is middle of the pack and wants top money.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a fan of big contracts for RB's, so just know, you can win a super bowl with the pats RB corp. Yes Dak and the right scheme can do it.

But Jerry will pay and we'll be blowing up the team in three years, so win now.

mooseq

Reaction score
Zeke deserves to be the highest paid RB in the NFL. He has single handily carried this team since he’s been drafted.

Now Jerry might need to put a body guard with him like he did with Dez.

Dallas will lay him I just hope it’s sooner than later so he is ready to go week 1.

Also I get it RB life span isn’t long in the NFL but he’s owed a big contract.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Better player and two years after. Kind of a no-brainer.

Not to mention Gurley's bum knee.

I agree it's a no brainer that Zeke wants more, but I'm not convinced making Dak, Zeke, and Cooper among the top three highest paid at their respective positions is the wisest investment. We can call them the "new triplets" but the original ones won 3 rings while these guys are still chasing a conference title game.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Zeke gave nothing vs the Rams in our biggest game. If he wants to be paid as the best rb, then show up. Emmitt always showed up in the playoffs vs tough defenses.

If that game is the barometer then no one on the D side deserves to get paid either. FAIR IS FAIR. H--- they gave up close to 300 yards on the ground alone.

John813

Reaction score
Don't like these crazy contracts either. Dak will get between $32-$33/year. I don't like such high numbers but that's what the market dictates. Dak is the franchise QB, not RB like Zeke. Sadly, RBs are expendable, including a rare RB like Zeke. Franchise QBs are not. Just like what happened with Tony Romo and Demarco Murray. Romo demanded franchise record contract extensions, and he got it. Murray demanded the same. He got released while in his prime. Zeke is a fool to be making such a ridiculous demand (wanting to be paid as the highest RB in all of the NFL). Dumb fool is sealing his doom and permanent exit from the team, especially if he fails to show up to training camp later today. If Zeke holds out, he's pretty much forcing himself off the team, especially since he still is under contract for 2 years.

That's a bit disingenuous though. The last time the Cowboys had a worthy QB worth re-signing was Aikman, back in the late 1990's.
Obviously, the extensions Romo would ask for would be "Franchise record extensions" due to the explosion in cap and the climb of QB contracts at the time.
In 2007 the highest salary for a QB was Palmer at 13m, then the 2nd QB was around 10mil. In 2013 the #1 salary for a QB was Stafford at 20.8mil.

Isn't Dak going to command a franchise record extension as well?
30+ AAV > 18mil AAV