Twitter: Extension Elliott looking for would exceed Gurley's 4yr $57.5 million deal

superonyx

Reaction score
We'll stick with Tony Pollard. Or 50 other RBs who who will give their all. For cheap.
You are a legend in your own mind, Zeke. You'll be 2nd string in 3 years.
I hear Joseph Randle may be getting out of prison soon. Maybe Zeke left some meat on that bone.

superonyx

Reaction score
Correct...because Demarco's contract was up. Zeke still has 2 years left, so why is he threatening to sit out and demand to get paid as the richest RB in the league at this time?
You really don't know?

This isnt that complicated.
The time to get an extension is now. The NFL pays you for what you will do, not what you have done.
Zeke is worth it. He has more impact on a game than any non QB in the league and signing him now for the next 5 years will guarantee you have him for his prime playing years.

I dont blame him. I hope he gets a new contract.

superonyx

Reaction score
I've said the same thing, but do you honestly believe the Cowboys will give in to Zeke's demands and pay him like the highest paid RB in the league that he's asking for even though he is under contract for 2 more years? Sorry but it's not happening. Zeke is acting like a drama queen.
Of course the cowboys will.
Was Carson Wentz being a drama queen when he just resigned a new contract after 3 years?

You may not like it but the cowboys will pay him. Give it a couple weeks and Zeke will be in camp with a new deal.
He is the straw that stirs the drink.....

superonyx

Reaction score
Does he want to be paid huge money? Of course he does.

Is he probably the best RB in the NFL? Yes, he is.

Should we give him all that lovely money? No, we should not.

A QB is more than half your offense so if you get an above average one you have to pay them the farm. A RB has a short lifespan at the top of their game and have much less impact anyway.
Zeke carries the ball over 300 times per year and catches about 70 passes per year. Every time he touches the ball the defense is on their heels.
We would only be signing him for the time period when he is at the top of his game.
Paying a RB at the top of their position only pays them about what some back up QB's make.

Its a no brainer.

I don't blame him. Since the NFL doesnt want to pay RB's as they get into their mid 20's any more then RB's should demand their 2nd contract younger than other players.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
71d8ec2145fe2c9c2db0dd2cfe105184.jpg.cf.jpg

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

I love zeke. I think he is the heart and soul of this offense. I think he is key to a lot of what we do. I am concerned paying that much, but at 13, 14 mill a year, its not unreasonable, specially if it can be made longer, front loaded with bonus and reduce the cap impact over the next 3 years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Don't like these crazy contracts either. Dak will get between $32-$33/year. I don't like such high numbers but that's what the market dictates. Dak is the franchise QB, not RB like Zeke. Sadly, RBs are expendable, including a rare RB like Zeke. Franchise QBs are not. Just like what happened with Tony Romo and Demarco Murray. Romo demanded franchise record contract extensions, and he got it. Murray demanded the same. He got released while in his prime. Zeke is a fool to be making such a ridiculous demand (wanting to be paid as the highest RB in all of the NFL). Dumb fool is sealing his doom and permanent exit from the team, especially if he fails to show up to training camp later today. If Zeke holds out, he's pretty much forcing himself off the team, especially since he still is under contract for 2 years.
Hopefully we won’t have to see what our offense looks like to start the season without Elliott. Or the price tag might go up as Jerry scrambles out his sky box avoiding reporters attempting to save the season and possibly Daks career like he did last year.

Unless Prescott can finally elevate the offense without Elite surrounding support. Then he can raise his value. Are we really ready to face the music?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Zeke is getting probably $22m guaranteed and at least $60m over at least 4 years.

Even considering anything else is pretty silly, at this point. It's just a matter of when he gets it. The longer the Cowboys wait, the more the price goes up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You really don't know?

This isnt that complicated.
The time to get an extension is now. The NFL pays you for what you will do, not what you have done.
Zeke is worth it. He has more impact on a game than any non QB in the league and signing him now for the next 5 years will guarantee you have him for his prime playing years.

I dont blame him. I hope he gets a new contract.
It's not happening with so many other key players whose contracts are up after this year.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea, a 22nd ranked offense and a 15th ranked QB dependent on the leagues leading rusher is simply going to let him walk. Sure...

Let’s do the RB by Committee again. Lol

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Zeke carries the ball over 300 times per year and catches about 70 passes per year. Every time he touches the ball the defense is on their heels.
We would only be signing him for the time period when he is at the top of his game.
Paying a RB at the top of their position only pays them about what some back up QB's make.

Its a no brainer.

I don't blame him. Since the NFL doesnt want to pay RB's as they get into their mid 20's any more then RB's should demand their 2nd contract younger than other players.
I don't blame him either, for wanting it. That doesn't mean we give it to him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Hopefully we won’t have to see what our offense looks like to start the season without Elliott. Or the price tag might go up as Jerry scrambles out his sky box avoiding reporters attempting to save the season and possibly Daks career like he did last year.

Unless Prescott can finally elevate the offense without Elite surrounding support. Then he can raise his value. Are we really ready to face the music?
With Darius Jackson, Pollard and Weber waiting? Sure. Why not? You don't think they could do well enough?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Zeke is getting probably $22m guaranteed and at least $60m over at least 4 years.

Even considering anything else is pretty silly, at this point. It's just a matter of when he gets it. The longer the Cowboys wait, the more the price goes up.
Therein lies the problem. There’s no guarantee the Cowboys will pay him in 2 years. He wants his money now. Pretty bold and smart move I’d say instead letting us pound him in the ground the next years and then decide we don’t want to pay him,

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yea, a 22nd ranked offense and a 15th ranked QB dependent on the leagues leading rusher is simply going to let him walk. Sure...

Let’s do the RB by Committee again. Lol
They let Demarco Murray walk since his contract was up. Since Zeke is still under contract for 2 more years, Cowboys could easily get two 1st round picks and a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him if they needed to trade him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
RB by Committee. No worries.. lol
Stephen Jones is not going to cave in and extend Zeke this year. That is a guarantee. So don't complain when Zeke acts up and refuses to honor his currently signed contract but instead stays at home and hurts the team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pay Dak and not Zeke. I can’t wait to see the results.

Dak doesn’t need a RB like Zeke. Do it. Lol