News: Ezekiel Elliot Mysteriously Absent for Friday Camp Conditioning Test

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Guess $25 million isn't enough. Greedy punk.
  • 2019 Salary Cap Charge: $7,940,653
  • % of 2019 Team Cap: 3.96%
  • 2019 Cash Payout: $3,853,137
  • % of 2019 Team Cash Spending: 2.08%
  • 2019 Cash to Cap Ratio: 0.49
  • Total Contract Value: $24,956,338
  • Annual Contract Value: $6,239,085
  • Position Ranking: 10/196 at RB
  • Fully Guaranteed Money: $24,956,338

25 million is not enough when TGurley has a 57.5 million deal.

Lets be real.

Little Jr

Reaction score
It's almost like Slater's sources are all overly-optimistic team sources.

Nah, couldn't be.
Her sources on this subject were team sources. Every time she reported on it, it was "my sources inside the building". It was usually followed by "optimistic" or "expect".

That's why I never understood why people went with her or others who had sources inside the building. I'm not saying anyone should have believed Mike F. but they shouldn't have dismissed it so easily because people inside the building were optimistic and expected Zeke at training camp.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
$3,853,137 this year
$9,099,000 next year

Thats not enough cheddar? hes under contract on a huge rookie deal. Dallas gave him 16.8 million his rookie year. And has defended his dumb actions relentlessly. Time for him to shut up and play football.

that is the only caveat to my argument that you cannot blame him for wanting to be paid. He is under contract. However, the contracts are not guaranteed and Jones could cut him tomorrow with no questions asked. He also knows how Jones kind of screwed with Emmitt Smith in 1993 so there is precedent for jacking with RBs.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Start the fines.
I still think he will show up by the 6th of August.
Unless he is pretty sure he will get a new deal, unlike Bell in Steeler land. I doubt that accrued year toward FA doesn’t matter if he is confident he will stay in Dallas.

I am for Zeke getting paid, but also honor your contract while you continue to negotiate.

+1

Beaker42

Reaction score
From today:

"We're being careful not to call this a hold out just yet," Slater reported on Inside Training Camp Live.

65ada8fddc453bda6c86152468b4f51b.gif
Best. Meme. Ever.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The team has to fine him to the maximum extent possible. He’s under contract for two more years..

I don’t think Steven’s in any mood to put up with Zeke’s premature BS..

If he were to lead the NFL in rushing and actually perform the entire season, including the playoffs this year, then he would have a leg to stand on for next year, but here, Zeke is acting like a totally unreasonable team cancer..

Seriously, has any Cowboy ever been a bigger distraction than Zeke?

Thankfully, instead of being super pumped about the start of TC, we get yet another Zeke-gate.
There have been plenty of Cowboys players that were distracting to the team. I just don't know if there has been one that we needed so much.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not even really close to me. I don't believe Zeke is the best player on the team either.

Just curious on your thoughts here. Who do you consider the BEST player on the team or better said playmaker?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I mean make it obvious so you don’t get fined and don’t play until you get paid.
Without a holdout, he wasn't getting paid any time soon. I don't think he could fake an injury that long. He's not Kawhi Leonard. lol

cern

Reaction score
$3,853,137 this year
$9,099,000 next year

Thats not enough cheddar? hes under contract on a huge rookie deal. Dallas gave him 16.8 million his rookie year. And has defended his dumb actions relentlessly. Time for him to shut up and play football.
those two numbers added together equal what top rb's are being paid. and just for one year. arguably, zeke's the best rb in the league.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I don't believe in all my time as a Cowboy fan wanding these boards have I see a fanbase so vehement toward a player who is clearly the best player on the team.

I can remember players that generated such acrimony, but they were not the best player.

It causes me to wonder how many of you stand up at your job and play hardball to get the most money you can?

This is a different time. Never have I seen people act like a player did something to them personally like this before.

He's unquestionably the best player on offense. But the TIMING of this potential holdout, I don't agree with. My understanding is even on his current rookie deal he's still among the highest paid RBs on AAV and has 2 years remaining. This holdout is at least 1 calendar year too soon.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Zack Martin is the best player on the team. Zeke is the most important player on the team.

Not even really close to me. I don't believe Zeke is the best player on the team either. Zeke is a great player, for sure, but I also believe that Martin is arguably the best player on the team.

JMO