News: Ezekiel Elliot Mysteriously Absent for Friday Camp Conditioning Test

phildadon86

Reaction score
Isn’t it true that he lost his entire signing bonus when suspended? If that’s true. This is actually understandable. If not. He’s just being a distraction especially after Jerry going toe to toe with Goodell for him.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Just curious on your thoughts here. Who do you consider the BEST player on the team or better said playmaker?

I just posted that. I think Martin is the best player on the team. If Smith is right, he IMO, is also better.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He's been a top 5 paid rb since he entered the league.

The last two years he's been an average performer propped up by volume.

What exactly does he "deserve" with two years left on his deal?
Average performer? Look we all get it. Ramsey was the right pick. Average? Come on man

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Since any scrub can run behind this line it doesn't matter what he does. Time to see what we have in Pollard.

Kalyan

Reaction score
I will never apologize for doubting Florio.

He will be there by August 6th.

I don't quite understand any form of "holding out" at this point though. You are well paid already, the team has stood by you through your various legal troubles including one that was just recently resolved. The timing just seems off.
And tear ACL without conditioning

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Average performer? Look we all get it. Ramsey was the right pick. Average? Come on man
Zeke's PFF elusive rating which measures ability to forced missed tackles in running and passing game and yardage gained afterward.

2017 rank: 40th
2018 rank: 35th

Zeke PFF Breakaway Percentage Rank (measure the percentage of yards a rb gains on runs of more than 15 yards)

2018: 15th

Zeke fumbles:

Led the league.

Passing efficiency (yards per route run)

24th as a rookie.
Didn't qualify in 2017
19th in 2018

Short yardage rushing efficiency in the redzone:

Zeke ranked 16th in EPA and 28th in success rate.

Short yardage runs in open field:

Zeke led the league with 43 attempts. He ranked just 11th in success rate.

I know the counting stats are blinding... But why aren't we having a conversation about Zeke’s performance from an efficiency standpoint?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I think a compromise is he comes to camp and goes to meetings but doesn’t do any physical activity to protect him from injury until contract is done.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
He's unquestionably the best player on offense. But the TIMING of this potential holdout, I don't agree with. My understanding is even on his current rookie deal he's still among the highest paid RBs on AAV and has 2 years remaining. This holdout is at least 1 calendar year too soon.

The hammer on negotiations like this means this is the year. Next yearn he will not be able to leverage his position since his money almost triples..

This is business. Teams routinely ditch running backs - as witnessed by the opinions of fans who regurgitate what they hear and don't see there are players, and then there are generational players.

The owners will milk a player at this position with the ointent of dumping them. Yet the guys blocking for this man get raises.

I don't know if he will show up today or not. But if he doesn't, that is between him and the team. This is merely business. It's not a personal insult to anyone who follows this team.

One last point. If you had his talent you would be making his money. The reason these people are paid this amount is they are in the entertainment industry. Their efforts generate billions of dollars. The Cowboys are the most valuable team on this planet. With that value, some of it goes to labor. Large paychecks are part of the deal.

To whine about what he is making now is simply envy.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
I hope he shows this team doesn’t need any distractions. This is the best roster on paper in a long time for Dallas. Garrett can’t get this team to at least the NFC championship game than this should be his last season. Zeke will get paid he just needs to do this crap next year if they don’t give him a contract. Putting himself before the team when he has two years left on his contract is not a good look. Do it with 1 year left. Yes he is talented but also 1 more off the field incident away from missing half a season.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am really pissed off at Zeke,no way should Jerry cave as it will send a bad message to future cowboys players.

zerofill

Reaction score
Frankly, he is one of the top 3 backs in football right now. My opinion is he is the TOP back. Running backs have a short shelf life. Most of them can't multiply 7 x 7, so they have no future outside of football.
So they have to get what they can get, while they can get it.

I do have a problem with the way things work in the NFL though. I feel like the NFL is like playing cards, where everyone throws their cards in, then they later renege.

I always found it extremely crazy, how contracts never get fulfilled to completion. They always have to be redone, changed, modified in some friggin way. I would hate
to be a CFO type, in charge of a franchise's money lol.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
looks like florio had it right all along there were several fans who said that zeke wouldn't hold out guess we see who is right now slater even missed out bad with this