News: Ezekiel Elliot sued again for yet another dog attack

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And it’s up to the owner to nurture that instinct or inhibit it. There are Rottweilers who wouldn’t even bite a stranger if they were mugging you. Dogs are like kids, you can mold them all sorts of ways
Instincts are instincts. They’re always there. Why do you think most apartment or home leases forbid Pitt Bulls?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Bad reputation due to owners succumbing to pop culture norms
No just instincts. Again they were bred to be aggressive. My son got married a few years ago to a wonderful lady who had 2 Pitt Bulls. They are the nicest dogs, until they’re not. Within the first month they had killed 2 neighbor cats who had wandered into the yard and THEN broke through the down stairs window, broke through a wooden fence and attacked the neighbors dog. The neighbor, who is a cop happened to be outside and stopped the attack but not before causing a $4,000 worth of vet bills they had to pay. I knew the cop and he didn’t take further action although I wouldn’t of blame him. You can’t trust them. You can train them till your broke but still can’t take them out for a walk around other dogs or God forbid a dog park.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I have, and lots of people have. Your experience doesn’t represent all people.

To have this happen 3 times with Zeke is something else though. He should have figured out how to prevent it after the first time.

You being irresponsible and getting other people injured is not an excuse. Stop excusing this. Socialize your pets and do better keeping them within your vicinity. It's not hard, countless dog owners do it, if a dog is out in the neighborhood attacking people it's on the owner. End of. There is no getting out of this which is why Zeke will have to pay up.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You being irresponsible and getting other people injured is not an excuse. Stop excusing this. Socialize your pets and do better keeping them within your vicinity. It's not hard, countless dog owners do it, if a dog is out in the neighborhood attacking people it's on the owner. End of. There is no getting out of this which is why Zeke will have to pay up.
I didn’t say it was an excuse, I was referring to you suggesting your personal experience represents all situations with all dogs. Dogs do occasionally bite people, despite your personal experience, and that can happen even with a responsible dog owner. The reality is it can even happen when a dog has never appeared to be aggressive before. I have personal experience with that.

Besides, I specifically commented about Zeke allowing it to happen multiple times rather than taking measures after the first time, so I clearly didn’t excuse what happened or suggest Zeke was a responsible dog owner.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Please cite any study that shows any breed is naturally more aggressive towards people than others. I'm not talking about their ability to hurt people, I'm talking about a predisposition to hurt people.
If you need a study to know this, you seriously don't get out much. The study is common knowledge.

Why are people so extremely uknowledgable about dogs/animals?

kskboys

Reaction score
And it’s up to the owner to nurture that instinct or inhibit it. There are Rottweilers who wouldn’t even bite a stranger if they were mugging you. Dogs are like kids, you can mold them all sorts of ways
And there are rots who would. Why don't you use your family members as the experiment?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While true, it's also true kids don't always go the path they were raised to go. Kids from great families can go off course, and kids from bad families can get their lives together.

I know dogs aren't identical to kids - it was your analogy though - but dogs can sometimes act contradictory to how they were raised.

Who knows how Zeke raised his. I have my guesses, but admittedly I have no knowledge of facts to base those on, so its probably best to not express them.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
another offseason, and another Zeke off the field issue. Water is wet, and Zeke will be Zeke. wow..just wow..;.will he ever learn?

kskboys

Reaction score
You said "breeds". Please educate me on what breeds to stay away from, so no innocents get hurt, or killed.
This really isn't as difficult as you're making it.

Pit bulls and chows head the list. Chows are known to turn on their owners w/ no provocation.

Once again, how do people not know this about dog breeds?

Labs tend to be friendly and not aggessive. Retrievers also.

Hounds tend to want to hunt and are often aggressive towards their prey, but not humans.

Breeds have tendencies.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
While true, it's also true kids don't always go the path they were raised to go. Kids from great families can go off course, and kids from bad families can get their lives together.

I know dogs aren't identical to kids - it was your analogy though - but dogs can sometimes act contradictory to how they were raised.

Who knows how Zeke raised his. I have my guesses, but admittedly I have no knowledge of facts to base those on, so its probably best to not express them.

This is an internet message board. We make the facts

CowboysRule

Reaction score
If you need a study to know this, you seriously don't get out much. The study is common knowledge.

Why are people so extremely uknowledgable about dogs/animals?
You have no actual data to back up your opinion that you are stating as fact.

Here is a fact. Labs, which you said were usually friendly, lead the pack in dog attacks at 13%. You cannot assume whether a dog is friendly or aggressive based on their breed. True that if you get attacked by a pit bull they will likely do more damage, but that doesn't mean they are just psycho killers roaming around...unless someone raises them to be.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Seriously, V, how do you not know this? I mean this is simple logic and facts. Dogs have been bred for certain traits for centuries. It's an established fact.
I understand that. There is a big difference between inherent protection instincts, and aggression. I'm one of those crazy people who just has to weigh my personal experience against the conventional wisdom. I am a GSD guy. I'm getting my fourth, next week. I'll currently have two, the previous two crossed the bridge a couple years ago. All of them are legit, very well bred from East German working lines. These are the dogs you would get if you wanted to train them to do serious protection work. They have all the instincts, and physical attributes required to do some serious damage. I raise them to be friendly, confident dogs who follow my lead. A well bred, well raised dog is not just going to suddenly snap due to it's inherent instincts.

A poorly bred and/or poorly raised dog can be a problem but it is not simply because of the breed. That's the problem with Pits. They are so popular that there is way to much terrible breeding going on. Put that puppy in the hands of someone who doesn't know what they are doing and you can literally create a monster. GSD's got a bad rap in the 70's for the same reason. I would never take on a Pit unless I knew its lineage.

So yes. Breeds have certain inherent instincts. Just like you and me. That doesn't mean every example is a ticking time bomb.

That's been my experience, anyways.