News: Ezekiel Elliot sued again for yet another dog attack

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
This is just silly. Come on man.

Just out of curiosity, can you give a list of the breeds that serve no other purpose than to attack people? "These breeds", is a little vague.

Pit bulls and Rottweilers would be at the top of the list. The crazies seem to be especially attracted to these types for some reason.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dangerous pets of any type should not be allowed w/o a license.

Yeah yeah, if you handle them right, blahblahblah. That's fine until it's your kid that he mangles.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
All dog breeds can be aggressive for no reason or passive like a baby, it’s up to how they owner trains them. I’ve seen chihuahuas that would rip your fingers off if you ever reached for them, and Dalmatians that straight up kill neighborhood dogs. They are what Zeke intended (or neglected) them to be. No dog breed is inherently mean
I love all dogs, but some breeds ARE bred to be aggressive and to fight. That’s a simple fact. That doesn’t mean that some of those dogs can’t be great pets, but there’s always a risk. Too many young children have been killed by the family “pet”. It’s almost always one or two breeds that do it. Again, that’s just a fact.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That seems like a big reach. Vick was involved in dog fighting. That's different than having vicious dogs.

It seems to me that if Elliott wants to keep those dogs, he needs to hire someone to come in and work with them who knows how to make them less aggressive.

That would be the sensible thing to do, but if I had to guess I suspect he likes vicious dogs because it feeds his ego. Some people are like that. I don't think he wants them to be less aggressive. It's like Look at me! I'm a tough guy and I have tough dogs! :rolleyes:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I love all dogs, but some breeds ARE bred to be aggressive and to fight. That’s a simple fact. That doesn’t mean that some of those dogs can’t be great pets, but there’s always a risk. Too many young children have been killed by the family “pet”. It’s almost always one or two breeds that do it. Again, that’s just a fact.

No I agree with that, but it’s entirely because the owner chose that path for that dog. Nature vs nurture. Right now it’s very popular to raise nasty pitties, raise nasty rotts. It’s not the dog being inherently vicious. My point was Zeke got his dogs to this point

USArmyVet

Reaction score
That was my first thought. This doesn’t make sense. Rottweilers and Pit Bulls are aggressive dogs but there’s always a reason for it mainly protecting their pack and territory. This story doesn’t make sense.

Certain species of dogs like those you referenced have developed a bad reputation simply because of bad owners and not due to their breed.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Interesting comments in this thread.

I don't see how Elliott is responsible at all for this latest attack. He had his dogs boarded, the dog attacked whoever was handling him. That seems to me to be more on the facility for not taking proper steps to ensure everyone's safety.

I also don't believe that some breeds are more aggressive than others. Sure, pit bulls can be raised to be aggressive and be fighting dogs but they are a strong, powerful breed of dog. That is why they are picked. So, in the event they attack, they can do some damage. Some Chihuahua's are super freaking mean, but if one bites someone no one really cares because they can't do anything. I have a bull mastiff. He looks intimidating but if you come up to him he's likely going to roll on his back and wait for you to rub his belly. I could've raised him to be a jerk and attack people, but why would i do that?

BlueStar22

Reaction score
He's just not a good dog owner. An official investigation is warranted. I hope we aren't looking at a situation like what happened to Mike Vick.
There are a lot of "not good dog owners" in my community. Everyday someone's dog gets out somehow. I don't understand.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I think it’s just negligence. I’m a big proponent of raising guard dogs with a mean streak, but you have to care for them accordingly. He raised wolves and then lets them loose on suburbia.
Dogs don't have to be mean to protect your property. I have 4 dogs. They are all great with people and still protect my family and home when we sleep or are not at home. When someone comes over, I don't want to have to worry about my dog biting someone. Attack dogs are for the police, not the average home owner.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I have yet to see a pit bull owner walking their dog clean up after it. Many owners who have other breeds have their bags with them and clean up the poop. Not with pit bull owners. For some reason, pit bull owners just don’t think rules or laws, natural or man-made, apply to them. That is why trouble follows these people. Murphy’s Law will pop in and say hello eventually. Just a matter of time.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
There are a lot of "not good dog owners" in my community. Everyday someone's dog gets out somehow. I don't understand.
One way to get the owner's attention is by shooting a dog that gets in the public road you are on when it comes at you.

kskboys

Reaction score
Interesting comments in this thread.

I don't see how Elliott is responsible at all for this latest attack. He had his dogs boarded, the dog attacked whoever was handling him. That seems to me to be more on the facility for not taking proper steps to ensure everyone's safety.

I also don't believe that some breeds are more aggressive than others. Sure, pit bulls can be raised to be aggressive and be fighting dogs but they are a strong, powerful breed of dog. That is why they are picked. So, in the event they attack, they can do some damage. Some Chihuahua's are super freaking mean, but if one bites someone no one really cares because they can't do anything. I have a bull mastiff. He looks intimidating but if you come up to him he's likely going to roll on his back and wait for you to rub his belly. I could've raised him to be a jerk and attack people, but why would i do that?
Are you serious?

Go talk to emergency room nurses/docs, they'll straighten you out quick.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Are you serious?

Go talk to emergency room nurses/docs, they'll straighten you out quick.
Please cite any study that shows any breed is naturally more aggressive towards people than others. I'm not talking about their ability to hurt people, I'm talking about a predisposition to hurt people.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Please cite any study that shows any breed is naturally more aggressive towards people than others. I'm not talking about their ability to hurt people, I'm talking about a predisposition to hurt people.

A bunch of people claiming "killer dogs" that does not know anything about the breeds.

They get their info from MTV news .........

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No I agree with that, but it’s entirely because the owner chose that path for that dog. Nature vs nurture. Right now it’s very popular to raise nasty pitties, raise nasty rotts. It’s not the dog being inherently vicious. My point was Zeke got his dogs to this point
Some dog breeds instinctively are aggressive from the day they are born.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Some dog breeds instinctively are aggressive from the day they are born.

And it’s up to the owner to nurture that instinct or inhibit it. There are Rottweilers who wouldn’t even bite a stranger if they were mugging you. Dogs are like kids, you can mold them all sorts of ways